30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Well its been 2 days since I shredded so I feel your pain ebh1024 but I did do an awesome kickboxing aerobics class yesterday so I counted that as my shred for the day. Back to it tonight when I get home, no excuses. OH! today was my weigh in day and I lost 5.7 lbs since last Friday, so I'm feeling super pumped about that :happy:
  • angelsandwolves09
    angelsandwolves09 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 Level 1!! So excited about staying committed to this!! Can't wait to see the results!! My legs are extremely sore still but I know I have to work through it....speaking of work, gotta go get ready lol

Good Luck today everyone!!
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Day 7 done :) x
  • emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Was challenged to burn some extra calories....so I did my usual shred level one (my 5th day in a row) then to get my extra burn decided to see what level 2 was all about.....WOW. I hope I did get my extra burn in, cuz i really felt it for sure!!! I did a lot of looking at the tv and going you want me to what?!?!?!? And I thought the push ups were bad, YIKES! I am now very excited to stay on level 1 for the next 5 days preparing myself for level 2!
  • rachel122986
    Options
    Starting day 5 today I like to do level one and level 2 back to back for some reason I can't get a hang of the ab workout. My husband tried it today and it kicked his *kitten*!
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    YEAH I did it today!!:drinker: It felt good to finally get "day 2" only 5 day's after "day 1" LOL!!! :laugh: I said yesterday I was going to do it and I did. So, I plan to do it tomorrow as well. I also did some Wii Fit Plus. It's been a good day.:happy:

Gee I guess tomorrow is actually 'day 2" not "day 3" he he he!!!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Whoops! Joining a little late, but I have just finished day 4, Level 1. Can't wait to get to level 2, I think I've learnt by heart pretty much every single word Jillian says in Level 1 lol :noway:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    day 2 level 1 . it was a harder today since my body is still sore from yesterday. just when I'm about to give up Jillian says something to motivate me to change my mind
  • angelsandwolves09
    Options
    Ok...so i didn't do so well on my calorie limit today...net was like 600 over....so i decided to double up today on my shred, and I am feeling it.....down to 300 over limit....don't feel as bad...but still wanna at least burn 200 calories....hopefully tomorrow will be better!
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Good Morning Shredders,:flowerforyou:

Well, this morning was my first weigh in since starting the Shred Jan 2nd.:ohwell:

I am PUMPED!:drinker:

I braced myself that I may not have lost any weight yet. :blushing:

I slowly stepped on my scale:ohwell:

Watched the digital numbers as my weight was being calculated:huh:

Then I saw it: :smile:

I stared at the scale for a moment before the number registered in my still sleepy head:yawn:

The scale was telling me that I have dropped 3 lbs since January 2nd:bigsmile:

Oh Jillian, in the moment you're a little devil:devil:

but right now you're an angel:love:

My treat this week will be an appointment with a hairdresser:bigsmile:

A cut and color:wink:

My treat:flowerforyou:

Something to make me feel "pretty":blushing:

Hope all my fellow Shredders have a great day today!:flowerforyou:

Debbie:bigsmile:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Day 6~Level 1 done for the day. Today was weigh in day for me and I have lost 3 pounds. Goal for next week is two pounds. So pumped! So glad I found this site and all of my fellow shredders!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Just finished day 5, level 1 YAYYYY that's officially the LONGEST i've stuck to it without taking a break, can't wait to get to day 30 and see the results!!!

I have been logging the Shred (Level 1) under General aerobics (20 minutes) about 140ish calories, does anyone else do this?
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I have been logging the Shred (Level 1) under General aerobics (20 minutes) about 140ish calories, does anyone else do this?

I have been wondering how to list it too. Someone said to do it under circuit training 20 minutes so that gives me a lot more calories burned but now I am wondering if I am listing it too high. Anybody else have advice on how to list it?
  • angelsandwolves09
    Options
    I have been putting it under circuit training for 25 minutes...it says i burn about 290 calories....which seems about right for my weight/height etc....

I have seen a lot of people talking about getting the HRM(Heart Rate Monitor) that tells how many calories you are burning. I would suggest that if you want to make sure you are burning/logging the right amount.

Hope this helps a little and congrats on sticking with it!!!

Day 4 Level 1 FInished!!
  • clevethin
    Options
    I just saw this, and I know I am WAY late, but......

I just ordered it and moved it to #1 on my Netflix queue. I'll be joining you all soon!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    l1d6 done. took yesterday off and my legs were so heavy today.
  • Amcantar
    Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Log it as circuit training, you are using weights and combined movements! Aerobics are more movement and cardio, this is definitely circuit training. Jillian says it herself! xD

I'm counting today as day 5; I did a work out yesterday that was a lot more Yoga because I was feeling very sore, but I still did all the strength and abs sections, kind of from memory. So, I did work out, but I won't count it as a day. Today is my weigh in day, I'm hoping for a 1lb loss, but I have taken other measurements too (waist, hips, arms, thighs) and I'm excited to see how those change in a week or so!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training as well

day 3, level 1 it's starting to get easier but still rough
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    30DS Level 1 Day 6. I am Proud of myself a bit. I managed to do 8 Full Out Pushups in Both Sets before going to my knees. The Anterior/Shoulder Raises weren't as horrible as ususal. I had to struggle a bit at the end. I did notice myself bringing my Knee forward a couple of times when side lunging to the right but I did fairly well the rest of the time. I really need to set some time aside to read through this entire message board. If I had a printer it would be easier. Keep up the Awesome Work Every Once!!!!
  • celesalk
    Options
    Just finished day 5, level 1 YAYYYY that's officially the LONGEST i've stuck to it without taking a break, can't wait to get to day 30 and see the results!!!

I've been using my heart rate monitor to figure out my calorie burn. Sadly, I was cheap when buying my HRM... so I use this equation to help supplement:

Using VO2max
    Men: C/min = (-59.3954 + (-36.3781 + 0.271 x age + 0.394 x weight + 0.404 x VO2max + 0.634 x HR))/4.184
    Women: C/min = (-59.3954 + (0.274 x age + 0.103 x weight + 0.380 x VO2max + 0.450 x HR)) / 4.184

Without VO2max
    Men: C/min = (-55.0969 + 0.6309 x HR + 0.1988 x weight + 0.2017 x age) / 4.184
    Women: C/min = (-20.4022 + 0.4472 x HR - 0.1263 x weight + 0.074 x age) / 4.184
    weight is in kg

Seems to be fairly accurate when used with other exercises. Normally, I'm around 300 calories. Then again... my heart rate goes CRAZY during the workout... :laugh:

Day 7 done! Still with level one! Still don't feel a difference with my cardio endurance. Strength seems to be going much better though. Still taking breaks to make sure I don't push my lungs too much... but DID notice all the breaks I took today was because I was feeling out of breath instead of muscles yelling at me.