30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have wanted sooooo badly to eat some chocolate tonight :sad: but I don't have enough calories left for today for a little indulgence. Ahhh!!:angry:

So this is what I did instead::ohwell:

I read the label on my Christmas Lindor chocolate balls :grumble: , then I read the label on my huge Toblerone chocolate bar,:grumble: then I read the label on my pre-christmas chocolate biscuits :grumble: , then I read the label on the bag of potato chips DH brought home.:grumble:

Slowly, with a sigh, I put each of the packages back down and closed the pantry door.:cry:

I walked to my computer and hit "complete entry" on my food diary and told myself, "nope, you can't do it tonight". :noway:

I poured myself a tall, cool glass of water :drinker: and now I'm telling myself that once I hit "complete entry" there is no turning back.:noway:

I just have to suck it up!:cry:

Why is it that the things we love the most to eat are the worst things for our weigh? Grrr!!!:explode:

On a more positive note, there were sweet treats at work today that someone brought in (probably so that they don't eat it). :blushing: The dish was within reach of me but I did not touch it.:noway: Maybe this is why I'm having this craving now. :huh:

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing much better with their cravings.:flowerforyou:

Way to go Debbie! That took some will power!
  • emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    L1-D3 DONE!!!! 27 more to go!!!! I am feeling it for sure but I could make it through the warm up jumping jacks and the first set of them WITHOUT.....I repeat WITHOUT stopping!!! Crazy to think 2 days ago I couldn't get through the first warm up set! Feeling good!!!!
    My last soda(Dr Pepper) was Saturday......today I really wanted one so I hear ya on the cravings! But I too walked away! Yeah for taking the first steps in knowing we have control over ourselves....for a while I was not so sure I could control it!
  • angelsandwolves09
    angelsandwolves09 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    i know i'm like 4 days behind but i just got my dvd today....And I finished Day 1....feeling like i'm gonna fall over, lol, but it feels good!! So if i can, i'd like to be in for this challenge!! even though i will be a few days behind... :)
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Of Course Angels&Wolves please join in
  • angelsandwolves09
    Options

Yay! lol Got a question while I"m here....i read somewhere that the shred does more with taking inches off...is that true? Just wondering. I am pretty new to the whole workout scene and everything about it....i tried fad diets before and done simple exercises but nothing like what i'm doing with the shred!! Isn't there a correlation between losing the weight and the inches coming off as long as you are doing strength/toning exercises as well?? (sorry if it seems like a dumb question....)
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options

Yay! lol Got a question while I"m here....i read somewhere that the shred does more with taking inches off...is that true? Just wondering. I am pretty new to the whole workout scene and everything about it....i tried fad diets before and done simple exercises but nothing like what i'm doing with the shred!! Isn't there a correlation between losing the weight and the inches coming off as long as you are doing strength/toning exercises as well?? (sorry if it seems like a dumb question....)

Hello angelsand wolves and WELCOME to the 30 Day Shred.:flowerforyou:

First off, I must say that there is no such thing as a "dumb question".

This is an open, non judgment site. We are all in the same boat together and going through similar challenges. If you're asking it's because you're curious and once you gather more information on health and fitness you will "pay it forward".

From "my gathering of information" over the years, I have learned that fad diets do not work. The reason? They're short term. They are not diets that you will stay with for the rest of your life. You would be better off taking the word "diet" out of your vocabulary because that word represents psychologically, deprivation. After a while you'll fall of the wagon and binge only to go back on a "diet" and go through the same vicious cycle over and over again. Hence the term "yo yo" dieting.

Myself, I just tell people that I try to eat as healthy and as "close to the farm" as possible. Meaning, I'm watching portion sizes and cooking in healthier ways and eliminating as much processed food out as possible, using fresh from the farm ingredients (fresh veggies and fruits etc). So, lots of good old fashion healthy home cooking.

With regards to loosing weight versus loosing inches. You can't spot reduce. When you successfully loose weight you are gradually loosing it all over. So you will notice the scale going down and also loosing inches. However, don't get discouraged if you don't see the scale move down one week because you are also gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. You are going to start toning up and fitting better into your clothes.

This is my second time doing the 30 day Shred. I had excellent results the first time around and I'm very excited about doing this challenge again because I know Jillian delivers.

So stick with this workout and use the food diary. Don't go over your daily calorie count and drink water to keep your muscles hydrated.

Good luck to everyone. We're all on our way to being Shredded.:flowerforyou:

Debbie
  • jroulo
    jroulo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Completed level one day five yesterday. I'm still feeling energized like I want to keep going. Day six today.:happy:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Level 1-Day 4, on a roll and getting better with the endurance. I actually got through all of the ab work at the end without stopping, doing a little happy dance :happy:
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Is this a DVD you can purchase at like Walmart or Target? If so I will get it and start Saturday and then just go an extra week into it. Exercise is where I am the least motivated so if I can join in this group it will give me a bunch of accountabiility.

I bought my DVD on Amazon for about $8 but you can get the DVD at Walmart or Target for around $9-10 easily
  • USAFwifey12
    Options

I have to agree with everything Debbie said. Every person looses differently. If you have been an athlete before your body has to gain muscle back that it has lost which means the number on the scales don't always drop so quickly (this is what happens with me). BUT you do lose inches. Everyone that I have heard who has done this video has lost inches and toned, even if the scale didn't drop but that's a good thing trust me. You want to drop sizes and get more fit, don't focus so much on the scale or you'll drive yourself crazy!
  • tracyalicia
    Options
    I'm laughing at your "don't focus so much on the scale or you'll drive yourself crazy" comment because that is so me! Today will be Day 5 of shred for me, and I don't see the scale moving much at all -- but my pants are pretty droopy. I'm seem to only attribute success to a number on the scale - I need to rework my thinking.

Good luck to everyone, and keep it up!
  • jroulo
    jroulo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 complete. Almost ready to use the audio option of turning Jillian's instructions off.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Day 9 done of Level 1. Getting up at 4am tomorrow to squeeze it in before the shuttle arrives to take us to the airport for our flight to Florida for our week long cruise. I'm bringing my laptop and going to try to get in the shred while on the cruise, if I find it to be too difficult due to noise issues, I'll workout in the gym. Room to do the exercises at least won't be an issue as we're in a suite (Thanks mom). :)

Good work everyone, keep it up.
  • angelsandwolves09
    Options

I have to agree with everything Debbie said. Every person looses differently. If you have been an athlete before your body has to gain muscle back that it has lost which means the number on the scales don't always drop so quickly (this is what happens with me). BUT you do lose inches. Everyone that I have heard who has done this video has lost inches and toned, even if the scale didn't drop but that's a good thing trust me. You want to drop sizes and get more fit, don't focus so much on the scale or you'll drive yourself crazy!

Thanks to both of ya'll!! I managed to finish Level 1 Day 2 and I can already notice my endurance growing!! I can't seem to get the push ups though....is there another exercise i can do that is similar? And it's not that i can't do them because they are hard...just that i can't do them right!! Does anyone have any advice for figuring it out??

Thanks! And good job to everyone!!
  • Dlenakakis
    Dlenakakis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    D2 L1 done and I'm a lot more sore than I thought I would be. I worked out a lot the first 6 months of the 2010, did a mini-triathlon this past June, then fell off the work out wagon and must of hit my head and become unconscious for 6 months because I have now gained back every single pound plus and additional 10! I really thought I would be able to do the DVD and start at level 3 because "i did a mini-triathlon this year" but let me say, I almost had to take the elevator up 1 floor today because my legs are so sore!
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    Took a much needed rest day yesterday but excited to conquer L1D3 tonight! Hopefully I can finish it after doing my kickboxing class at lunch today...
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good work everyone x

Well done debbie for staying strong :)

Day 6 done :D
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    l1d5 done!
  • delfin59
    Options
    I will have to do my day 5 later tonight, have a paper to write :(

Anyway, anyone here already shed some pounds? My scale still hasn't moved yet (if any it actually went up a bit) but today one of my friends said I look slimmer which of course made me happy! :D)
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Thanks to both of ya'll!! I managed to finish Level 1 Day 2 and I can already notice my endurance growing!! I can't seem to get the push ups though....is there another exercise i can do that is similar? And it's not that i can't do them because they are hard...just that i can't do them right!! Does anyone have any advice for figuring it out??

Thanks! And good job to everyone!!

I would say Do The SLOWLY concentrating on Form until she say to get up. As you get mor confident in form then try to keep up