I challenge you to lose 5 Pounds This Month January 2011

Options
I challenge you to lose 5 pounds this month. That is a little over 1 pound a month. If you can do that every month this year by Christmas of 2011 you could be 60 pounds lighter. Doesn't that sound great! Or by the 4th of July you could be 30 pounds lighter. That sounds pretty darn good too!

Who wants to join me in this New Year to be healthier and in better shape in the upcoming year!

Let's do this together.

Terri

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I know I posted this last month but I think it gives you and idea on what you need to do to lose 5 pounds this month.

1 pound = 3500 calories! 5 pounds =17,500

To lose 5 pounds you need to create a calorie deficit through diet and exercise that equals 17,500 calories.

That sounds like an awful lot but lets break it down to a daily basis. There are 31 days in October so divide that out and you need a deficit of 564.5 calories per day. Now the challenge is figuring out how to do that. Exercise and eating less! Sounds easy but you need to a make a plan to make it work!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'M IN!!!!! :smile:

I'm ready to start afresh after the new year..hopefully by July I will have met my goal of 120lbs :love: I'll update on the 1st with my starting weight...
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted.
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump, will post on the 1st
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    I am in :smile:
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am in!!
  • elysetoplin
    Options
    i'm in! i'll post my starting weight on saturday.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Let's do this!
  • MISTTIMI
    Options
    Yeah let's go! :smile:
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too. I will post my start weight on Sat.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I accept the challenge!!
    I plan to stick to it this time as I would like to be 17lbs lighter by March! That is my 1 year "Losing Weight" anniversary and I want to get to my goal.

I am off to purchase EA Sports Active 2 today so I am hoping that gets the ball rolling and me back on track. I will be back on Sunday for my weigh in. Yesterday was not looking good at 147 :sad:
  • fholmes74
    Options
    I accept the challenge.
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Lets do this!
  • Bethany28
    Options
    I'm in! I am in the Valentine's Day challenge as well and I am hoping to lose the 7 that I have gained back in the last 4 months. I plan to get that 7 off by Valentines then get the last 15 off by the end of May just in time for bathing suit season! Let's do this!
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm in ....2011 is gonna be a fat blasting year
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    You know I'm in :) I wouldn't miss my girls for the first challenge of the year!!! I'll be back on the second to post my official weight as I won't be up til way late on the first :drinker: See ya then!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'll be weighing in on the 3rd since Monday is my normal weigh day.

Have a safe & happy New Years all!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Oh you know I'm in...this is my favorite challenge & I wouldn't miss it. I'm planning to hit the 5 lb mark FOR SURE in January! No excuses this time! I'll be changing up my workouts since I have my new Wii, I'm adding another Zumba class, and I'm DEFINITELY going to get back to running!

Here's to January! :drinker:
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I would really like to lose 5lbs in January! I haven't stepped on a scale in about a week now due to travel & Christmas festivities :noway: It's probably been good for me since I tend to obsess a bit about the scale, but I still hope to see the same number as last week!!! I'll be back on the 1st to post my current weigh-in!!!

What days do we check-in for this thread?