Loose Skin - My Experience

Options

Replies

• amehh91
    amehh91 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm so pleased to find this thread - thank you! I am just at the beginning of my weight loss really but I too have wondered about loose skin. Can I just say you look amazing?

I'm 23 and have stretch marks from my son (didn't get them until 8 months when they just exploded everywhere) and I have continued to get a couple of small ones here and there In my arms and thighs since. I know age is on my side but at the moment I just can't imagine that my hanging belly and stretch marks will ever let my skin tighten and it is really useful to know that the skin may take longer to catch up once the weight is gone.

I'm not much of a water drinker but I'm cutting back on the diet coke, upping the water and moisturising and using bio oil now as well - every little helps (I hope!) thank you again!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    What a great post. I have lost 146 pounds and plan to lose another 30-40 pounds. Loose skin is already an issue. (I have lost 16 inches in my waist).

I am pretty sure only surgery could correct this situation. I also have a hernia and take mult. Meds. Including a blood thinner. Earlier this year I was in the hosp. for a procedure. My blood pressure kept dropping and dr’s had to stop before they even got going – the risk/reward wasn’t there. It was to take 5-6 hrs.

I have read a panniculectomy can remove 5 pounds or 30 pounds or more etc. depending on patient. Surgery can take a few hours or be more extensive. Then there is the age thing – I’m not 45 anymore.

My plan is simple. I will continue to stay on target to lose exactly as always planned. I will then need to stabilize and see what exercise / time can do for me. In the end, I will follow whatever advice I am given by cardiologist & family dr.

Your post just reminds me of what the reality will likely be.

ps - you look great!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It's something many of us need to hear.
  • FitFLNana
    FitFLNana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow - thank you so much for being vulnerable to this crowd :) How exciting to know progress continues :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I have also struggle with lose skin and I needed to hear this!!! :)
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much, hope my end results are anywhere as good as yours but atleast i know there is hope !
  • KatieKansan
    KatieKansan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh My Gosh girl I think your stomach looks amazing.. Don't forget that things like this are always a big deal to us personally but other ppl dont see it like we do. All that hard work has paid off! I have loose skin on my stomach as well and I have just kinda learned to love and except it. It took me a while. But I love your story and you look wonderful!!!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I think you are amazing for sharing that! Thanks so much! We must all remember that we are not perfect (not a single one of us) but I would rather end up with loose skin than continue to kill myself weighing way too much. Take care and keep up the great work!
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this and congrats you look amazing!
  • Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you look great!
  • pam_williams
    pam_williams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It is inspiring.
  • JJ88000
    JJ88000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, I'm terrified of lose skin, but I'll need to accept it one way or another. Congrats, and you look amazing.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is great! You have a lot of guts...much more than I do. I used to be worried about this....but no more! My stretch marks and loose skin are badges of honor to me. I EARNED them!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I don't have guts, I'm just learning to accept where I am and I thought there were eniugh negative posts about this to last a lifetime,
  • ac65885
    ac65885 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. :) Nice to see a good story there and good for you :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    This thread was linked in another one about loose skin and I've got to say how wonderful it was to read and see the pics. I'm like everyone else with thinking the loose skin is better than the fat. Glad to see there's some room for improvement but I'll be happy with however it turns out. Thanks for sharing.
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this post! I have been over what I should weigh all of my life. I have ALWAYS wanted to wear a bikini and never have in my whole life. This helps! :)
  • dsmay03
    dsmay03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Great job!!!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You're beautiful and the most important thing is your health. I have lost 80 pounds over the last year and have my fair share of loose skin as well. I am very happy with my improved health and fitness level.
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great post. I am at the beginning of my journey and posts like these make me see that it is a long process and there are great achievements the entire way. Congrats! All I see is a beautiful victory!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!