How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Every day, and I log it in a spreadsheet so I can track progress over time. The bumps make no difference, just watch to see if you're sticking to the general incline of your plan (or to a roughly a straight line if you're maintaining). I love watching it make itself - it's been the thing that's actually stopped me caring about the numbers and caring more about the big picture.

oimg?id=1BTP8KsoczLLoRHnVARSfnfIt24yjwLWnFzCu0U8CWMo&oid=1560554827&zx=azcefgrs2r36

ETA: the weight loss last weekend was because I had the flu, and the subsequent gain was my body recovering.
  • dancedivine
    dancedivine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Every single day... multiple times per day. My scale is right next to the toilet in my bathroom, so it has become a habit for me to step on the scale when I get off the toilet. lol.... I don't mind it, though. There is usually a 2-3 pound difference between the morning weight & the evening weight. Now, when I stop weighing myself everyday, I also stop concerning myself with things like food and exercise. I need that daily accountability to stay on track....

But, like all things... Everyone is different, so you gotta do what works for you! :)
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I look every morning out of curiosity but i only take weekly result seriously as I can fluctuate up to 6lb depending on time of month and fluid variations etc. If sticking to my deficit though i always lose or stay same from week to week so far.
  • pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh myself once a day, every morning after I wake up. Usually I will see fluctuations which is expected from daily weighing but I only add my Friday weight every week to MFP dairy.

So I weigh everyday for maintenance, but only record once a week for records.

This is me!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Okay I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I do... BUT I don't do it to see the weight lose.

I use my Wii and I do a body test every morning.

If you dont have one - You stand on the Wii Fit Board and it measures your balance and weighs you.

My balance is terrible so I am trying to improve this and I want to keep an eye on my BMI - which it also does, and when it measures these, there is a button to see your weight and it is SOO tempting to click it.

But surely if I keep in my calories, drink enough water and exercise I shouldn't be disappointed by the number on the scale?

So how often do you weigh yourself?

Same! I get out of bed, pee, and start up the Wii Fit first thing every morning. I know my deficit, I know my diet, I usually know what to expect when I get on the scale. One day I was up 3lbs from 24 hours ago for seemingly no reason (still can't figure it out). And it kinda knocked the wind out of my sails because I had only lost 2.9lbs at that point, so it obliterated all my progress! So I had a couple of bad days, and it took 11 days to zig zag back to my original weight, then on the 12th day I wooshed down another 0.9lbs.

So be careful! Even if you think you'd be fine with a random gain, you won't know until it happens. I still weigh every day, including the days after I've eaten a bunch, but I definitely learned something during that 2 week 3lb madness, and that is to only care about the new lows, and ignore every other number :)

P.S to other Wii Fit users - I always hated the balance thing, but you can avoid it by just not being on the scale when it counts down, and it skips right over it :D I only just realised this after having my scale for about 3 years lol.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, once before exercising and once after so I know how much water to drink to rehydrate. I'm not currently logging my weight but when I did I would log it once a week. I logged first thing Sunday morning wearing the same outfit every time so I couldn't blame my weight fluctuation on my shoes.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Every Monday and Friday.
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh myself everyday but the fluctuation of weight drove me crazy. I'm trying to only weigh myself once a week. :noway:
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I understand that my weight fluctuates based on what I have or have not drank/eaten. There has times where I have gotten drunk and lost 5 pounds the next morning and then later in the day I have gained it all back lol...
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Everyday coz I lose everyday
    Are you being sarcastic? How does one lose weight everyday?
  • twiggysunshine
    twiggysunshine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In the Morning when I wake up and the evening before bed.