How to compliment my boyfriend on his weight loss?

Options

Replies

• randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Tell him you want him.... and tell him a lot.... on the phone, over text messages, through email. That's all you have to say. It will click... trust me. Don't make it about the weight.
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm just afraid that if I up the sex with him or something all of a sudden, he will think I'm more attracted to him since he has lost weight. I'm afraid I will be indirectly saying that if you gain weight back, I won't have sex with you as much because I don't find you as attractive. I don't know. Maybe I'm just over thinking it! I tend to do that!

If he says something like that... just tell him that you noticed that he has more self confidence now... something like that.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I don't see how saying something like "You look like you've lost some weight, have you? Well good job on you" could be taken wrong. But if that's not something you think he would like to hear, just tell him he looks really good. Nothing to do with weight or anything.

You could also bring the weight loss up by saying his clothes are getting baggy and then say good job losing weight.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    bang him

^ What I was going to say.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone on the "Just compliment him" route.

Don't make it about the weight and just mention it casually if you guys are dressing up a little bit more than normal before a date or something.

You are thinking about it a little too much. I understand what you mean but I don't think men are really like that. If he does mention something along the lines of "oh, did you not think I looked good before I lost weight?" then I'd say " (insert significant others name here) I've been with you for 6 years and throughout all of the that time, I've thought you looked good. I'm complimenting you because you are working hard and its paying off and I'm supporting you :)"
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Guys aren't as complicated as you think. We generally don't care whether or not you found us attractive before...we just care if you'd bang us now.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bang him

I second this one.

Or you could just tell him he's looking great today and give him a hug :tongue:
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm just afraid that if I up the sex with him or something all of a sudden, he will think I'm more attracted to him since he has lost weight. I'm afraid I will be indirectly saying that if you gain weight back, I won't have sex with you as much because I don't find you as attractive. I don't know. Maybe I'm just over thinking it! I tend to do that!

Isn't there some truth to that? Being fit is sexier than being overweight... it's okay to admit that. It doesn't have to mean you love him less. Anyway, you should get out of your head and communicate with him about this... not MFP. I'm not saying it's bad to seek advice here, but IMO, a relationship comes first... the communication should primarily be between you two. After all, isn't that how we get to know our significant other?
  • summer92008
    Options
    Alrighty, I think I've got this. Tell me if I'm missing something...

(1) More sex
    (2) More BJ's
    (3) Tell him I want him
    (4) Even more sex
    (5) Tell him he's hot
    (6) A little more sex

:tongue:

I'll try all of these tonight haha
  • sti1imatic
    Options
    You are overthinking it... just compliment him in some way that would maybe make him blush or feel good.

Like if he is taking his shirt off let out a whistle, call him sexy, jump his bones as some had said :)
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Isn't there some truth to that? Being fit is sexier than being overweight... it's okay to admit that. It doesn't have to mean you love him less. Anyway, you should get out of your head and communicate with him about this... not MFP. I'm not saying it's bad to seek advice here, but IMO, a relationship comes first... the communication should primarily be between you two. After all, isn't that how we get to know our significant other?

I agree with the above, but I honestly don't think he'll see it as a bad thing if you tell him you're more attracted to him lately. He'll probably be like, "oh yeah!" Ha ha
  • GFDawn
    GFDawn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, my guy works a physical job and is loosing it too. Isn't it true that it's easier for men?!
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bang him

I second this one.

Or you could just tell him he's looking great today and give him a hug with your mouth :tongue:

FIFY
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's totally okay to like someone more and be more physically attracted to them if they are more physically fit and have all the extras that comes with being fit ( e.g. confidence, outgoingness, adventurous). it's not okay to base love off of how someone looks.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Jump his bones more often...extra cardio for you both too!

Yep, that's my answer.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I don't know the dynamics of your relationship, but I can't imagine myself after that many years of knowing anyone, yet alone intimately, being nervous about complimenting them for any reason.

Tell him how much you have lost, tell him you've noticed he's lost weight, too, high five and then lead him to the bedroom.
  • zman1313
    zman1313 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of like your boyfriend...somewhat insecure and I like to keep things to myself. While it's nice to get compliments I prefer it when someone just tells me that I'm looking good, and not things like "hey skinny man" or "zack, where'd the other half of you go."

I know everybody means well, I just simply don't like the extra attention. I've very intrinsically motivated and I don't depend on other's compliments to keep me going.

I will say though that having a high school classmate (only graduated 3 years ago) literally not even recognize me and try introducing himself to me was pretty frickin great! That's probably the best "compliment" that I've gotten so far
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Just tell him.
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, I think I've got this. Tell me if I'm missing something...

(1) More sex
    (2) More BJ's
    (3) Tell him I want him
    (4) Even more sex
    (5) Tell him he's hot
    (6) A little more sex

:tongue:

I'll try all of these tonight haha

Do you have a much older sister/friend etc. that thinks the same way you do? If so, send her my way. lol
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Tell him the sex is getting worse.

Apparently fat guys make better lovers...at least that's what the thread I just left was talking about.

Seems there is article...http://www.yourtango.com/201085004/why-men-big-bellies-might-make-better-lovers#.VBiRs16OwS4.facebook