How to compliment my boyfriend on his weight loss?

Options

Replies

• aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'll wrap my arms around hubby every now and then and comment on how much easier it is or how much room I have in my arms (it used to be a much tighter fit and at one point, I had trouble getting my fingers to touch).
  • summer92008
    Options
    Alrighty, I think I've got this. Tell me if I'm missing something...

(1) More sex
    (2) More BJ's
    (3) Tell him I want him
    (4) Even more sex
    (5) Tell him he's hot
    (6) A little more sex

:tongue:

I'll try all of these tonight haha

Do you have a much older sister/friend etc. that thinks the same way you do? If so, send her my way. lol

Lol, I do, but she is married. Sorry!
  • summer92008
    Options
    I'll wrap my arms around hubby every now and then and comment on how much easier it is or how much room I have in my arms (it used to be a much tighter fit and at one point, I had trouble getting my fingers to touch).

We have this thing where he put his arms out in a big circle and I twirl around inside his arms like a ballerina without touching him at all lol. I can easily get my arms around him, but I don't think he will ever grow smaller in this aspect. He is naturally a big guy - wide shoulders, big chest, and big arms! He played football as a linebacker (is that what it's called?) so he is your typical tall, big guy.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Either you are way over-thinking this, or your hubby is so ridiculously sensitive that it's amazing he can function. I'm going to go with the former, since it's more charitable.

Just say "You lost weight, you look great."

Then jump his bone.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    All the above is great.
    You know how MFP is....sex, beejs, etc.

When all the above is done....
    Just a simple reach out and hold his hand and when he looks at you...he'll know he's loved no matter what!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    All the above is great.
    You know how MFP is....sex, beejs, etc.

When all the above is done....
    Just a simple reach out and hold his hand and when he looks at you...he'll know he's loved no matter what!

defenced+_7cedc48e7c961a678e36e1e5f8606a89.gif
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm on page 2 and no one has suggested 'Just break up'?

What is MFP coming to...?
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, I think I've got this. Tell me if I'm missing something...

(1) More sex
    (2) More BJ's
    (3) Tell him I want him
    (4) Even more sex
    (5) Tell him he's hot
    (6) A little more sex

:tongue:

I'll try all of these tonight haha

/thread
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Everyone already has great answers, but I personally just always slap my husband's butt and tell him "nice buns". Not sure how effective this is.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    One thing you can do is say how impressed you are with the work and dedication he's put in. Because that's true, right? This is a hard thing to do! There are other things you can talk about too- has his energy level increased? Does he seem happier or more relaxed?
    As far as body image goes, I think you just need to be careful to not insult what he was before. YMMV, but people who say "Wow, you look so much better!" make me feel kind of awful; people who say "Wow, you've always been lovely, but you really look great these days!" make me feel like a beautiful sexpot goddess.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    You could says " Wow.. I have so much space on the bed, or couch.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    bang him

^^ This. Plus BJs.
    x10
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Be Jolly.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You've dated 6 yrs. and he hasn't popped the question yet? Maybe you should ask him. If he is extremely insecure...run. LOL
  • ibafishinfool
    ibafishinfool Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just tell him.

Simple as this.
  • lvsglass
    lvsglass Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am kind of in the reverse situation. I'm the one who has lost a great deal of weight. My husband has been sensitive to me and careful how he says things. But what I have appreciated the most is him telling me that he notices my body changing. I like it when he tells me how good I look to him. I like it when he tells me he can't keep his hands off of me after 25 years of marriage. I like it when were hanging out with his buddies or family and I catch him staring at me with the proud twinkle in his eye. So, from my experience being on the receiving end, I would advise you just to let him know how much you love him and how good he looks to you!
  • summer92008
    Options
    You've dated 6 yrs. and he hasn't popped the question yet? Maybe you should ask him. If he is extremely insecure...run. LOL

Well we are still both young. We are waiting for me to graduate college (getting an MBA of Accounting to be a CPA) so we can be stable, afford a house and whatever we please before we get married.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

:huh: Not everyone wants to get married.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    We have this thing where he put his arms out in a big circle and I twirl around inside his arms like a ballerina without touching him at all lol. I can easily get my arms around him, but I don't think he will ever grow smaller in this aspect. He is naturally a big guy - wide shoulders, big chest, and big arms! He played football as a linebacker (is that what it's called?) so he is your typical tall, big guy.
    Thats cute.

There are so many football names. Right guard, linebacker, full something...but Yeah, those guys are big!

I'd just tell him he looks great. Wheat ever way comes naturally. Just say it. :)

You don't have to pretend to find him more appealing. If he has always been appealing, that should suffice.