everyone from the UK - newbies and oldies - MFP users

Options
1235»

Replies

• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

I haven't opened my EA active yet and have never used a resistance band so can't imagine whether it would work or not. I have done the shred though and it is amazing and give amazing results. It only takes 20 mins a day too, so its easily doable. I normally burn around 250 cals for the 20mins. I bought small weights from argos, think they were £2. 99. I shall get back to you on the resistance band thing as I am aiming to start the wii thing today :)
    [/quote]

Think i might have to invest in this shred i have seen loads of people talk about it with passion... i didnt think much to the resistance band with EA active and just used my weights instead
    [/quote]

oops i was supposed to quote you then it didnt workforsome reason
  • foxysmum
    foxysmum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody....

My name is Sally and I live in West Berkshire, I joined this site late last year but unfortunatley did not use properly and am now heavier than I was then! Am determined however to turn this around, am 5'3'' and currently 177.5lb - I aim to get to about 150.00lb and then have a good look and see what still needs to be done!
    My main focus is fitness as I need to try and keep up with my husband who has recently found a love for Marathon running, I tried running last year but badly strained my acchilies (which was when I put on weight again). I am currently concentrating on Walking my 2 dogs and working out on the Wii, was really enjoying the EA Active 2 until the motion sensors stopped working on me this week-end- Have left my husband on the case here as he brought it for xmas then lost the receipt! (oops).
    Anyway wonderful to see so many other Brits on this site!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from Lancashire, been using MFP for a week, and managed to lose 3lb. Aiming to loose a stone in total, and ideally at leat half a stone and tone up a bit before I hit the big 40 next month.

Louise
  • princess_f
    Options
    hello,im from northumberland too!! on day 2 and i cant stop the hunger feeling!!
  • steve007red
    Options
    ive only been on here a week...I live in Wales!! great site ! great support network!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hiya!
    I'm hannah and im originally from Robin Hood's neck of the woods in Nottingham but now i call myself a londoner lol
    been here for about 3/4months now - i love it!
    main reason for being here is im fed up being the way i am now, im applying to do childrens nursing at university and i cant be morbidly obese and giving people health advice..it doesnt look good! in all i have around 5stone to lose - want to get down to 10.5-11 and then will see where to take it from there :)

feel free to add me :D
  • tashie76
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK in North Yorkshire. I joined a few weeks ago, but fell off the wagon and am desperately trying to climb back on. So am trying to start afresh. x
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Well, all my good intentions this week have gone to pot with a nasty cold which won't take over completely but also won't go away :cry: . It hangs around just enough to make me feel rubbish! Oh well, my husband is coming home with desert and custard - eeek. Will do better next week:smile:
  • LadyTottingham
    LadyTottingham Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi,I'm from derbyshire,hoping to go to canada next year so need to lose quite a bit of weight,si i can fit in a plane seat and hopefully not ask for a belt extension
  • DreamingOfSize10_UK
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in Lytham St Annes, North West Engliand. Look forward to chatting x
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    Hi, I'm from London, only been using this site for 2 weeks, very helpful :smile:
  • xxDenisexx
    Options
    Hi i'm from Norwich,feel free 2 add me anyone x
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    How fantastic to see so many of us from the UK on here. I used to use weight loss resources but couldn't afford the site fees:grumble: I couldn't believe my luck when a colleague told me about MFP - it's fantastic and FREE.

I am from Derbyshire and weigh 14 stone 4 lbs (sounds better written that way than 200lbs!) I am 5 ft 8 and am aiming for 11 stone. 10 stone would be ideal, but maybe too skinny for my height. I long for the day when people tell me I'm too thin though!:bigsmile:
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i'm from scotland too :) born and raised in edinburgh but now live in aberdeen
  • AllieWhiteley
    Options
    Hi there. Just joined MFP. Currently in Banstead (Surrey) but hoping to be in Huddersfield soon. I moved down here to be near my then-boyfriend (now husband) 7 1/2 years ago and got into some bad habits (less exercise and eating more rubbish) which meant that my weight crept up from 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 stone. And there it stayed for a while until I had children. With my daughter the weight came off relatively easily just with breastfeeding, but this time round it's been a bit more of a battle. So last weekend I decided to do something about it. I'm hoping to get back down to 9 - 9 1/2stone (I'm 5" 6). So far I'm not doing too badly. I intend to check for weight loss on Tuesday.

Nice to get to know everyone!
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here from Nuneaton, Warks.

I've got 14lb to lose before my holiday to Cuba in July, but more importantly I want to be fit enough to keep up with my (very fit) partner and nine year old son while where there!!

It's nice having a UK thread, look forward to getting to know my new MFP 'neighbours':smile:

Jenny
  • noble1987
    noble1987 Posts: 132
    Options
    Hello, I'm from Hampshire!

Claire :flowerforyou:
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My name is Paul, I'm 27 and from Dorset, UK

I'm new to this site but have been losing weight for a few months, I used to weigh 19.3 stone and am currently 12.3 stone (lost 7 stone so far), currently 24.7 bmi, really happy how things have been going with the weight loss.

I used to have very high blood pressure and a very fast pulse, both are now perfect and my resting heart rate is around 55 bpm which is half of what it used to be!

Feel free to add me! :smile: