Why simply be normal, when you can be a freak?

Options

Replies

• TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yeah, still condescending.

I actually find it really amusing and even a little endearing that you find moderation to be "normal" and a point of insult. If anything, moderation is the opposite of the norm. Either overindulging or severely restricting yourself is the norm from what I can see. If eating in moderation/IIFYM makes me "normal", then by all means. Be the first person ever to call me normal.

Interesting...almost all the haters don't have pic of themselves on their profile..or only face shots. Why is that?

That's right, because you are cyber bullies. You can't back up what you preach. I note that I'm quoted as being condescending...but no one has said you don't practice what you preach. Pls...go back to your normal lives.

It's ok really.

Why aren't the really fit people saying something...why...because they know the incedible will power it takes.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    First, pls understand a few thing...note where I posted this..in the motivation and support area. So if I'm trying to motivate people and have them build their will power...is this not the correct venue?

The comment about pasta and bread seem to have hit a nerve. I'm not saying you have to stop eating them, I'm saying, don't over indulge. As long as it fits your macros...go for it. Personally, I go higher on my proteins than carbs, but as long as you hit your macros...that's what matters.

No, you said stop eating them (the things you love the most):
    Also, I'm asking you to give up those things that you love the most...possibly bread or pasta and this one is going to hurt..no booze. For one year, go dry.
    The booze part, I'm sticking to. Think about it, what does drinking alcohol do for many (most?) people. It mellows them. It may provide them a shot of courage. Maybe makes them more confident. Ok, what does being freak fit do. You definitely have more confidence. You actually become intimating to some people, or they may immediately think you are stuck up. Just the opposite infact. Some of the most fitest people I know are the most endearing. Why, because they are comfortable with themselves.

Also, pls note, I’m not saying you will be the strongest or the fastest or the person that can run the fartherest..although I think you have a good chance of it..instead, I’m saying that if you make this a lifestyle change, you will be running at +95% of your potential. Trust me, not too many people walking the streets are at that level.

So again, for those who practice moderation. I have no qualms with you. God loves normal people, he made so many of you. :tongue:

Sorry, had to lop one counter volley. But for those who want to literally be more than they ever imagine. Jump onboard.

Let’s smash it.
    High-horse.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

I actually find it really amusing and even a little endearing that you find moderation to be "normal" and a point of insult. If anything, moderation is the opposite of the norm. Either overindulging or severely restricting yourself is the norm from what I can see. If eating in moderation/IIFYM makes me "normal", then by all means. Be the first person ever to call me normal.

Interesting...almost all the haters don't have pic of themselves on their profile..or only face shots. Why is that?

That's right, because you are cyber bullies. You can't back up what you preach. I note that I'm quoted as being condescending...but no one has said you don't practice what you preach. Pls...go back to your normal lives.

It's ok really.

Why aren't the really fit people saying something...why...because they know the incedible will power it takes.

So because I don't have full body shots in a bikini/bathing suit/underwear, I'm a bully and can't back up what I preach? What the heck do you believe I'm preaching?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    More to life than your physical appearance.
    And certainly more to life than having others bow down and worship your body.
    That said, I spent a year training hard and eating well and at one point was at 11% bodyfat, which for a woman, and one with COPD (68% lung function), was good enough for me.
    I also came first in my first 5k, in spite of my crappy lungs.
    But all of this did not make me happy or any more fulfilled really, as that has to come from within and from having a well balanced and rounded life.

It is a shame you could not motivate without looking down from a lofty height on those who do not choose the path that you do.
    There are plenty of ways to break the mold of normality without it having to be fitness/diet based.
    You are really not that special or unique.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    And after posting on the board for the first time in several months, it sure didn't take long to be called a cyberbully.

*curtsy*
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options

It's ok really.

So because I don't have full body shots in a bikini/bathing suit/underwear, I'm a bully and can't back up what I preach? What the heck do you believe I'm preaching?

Seriously?
  • genki90
    genki90 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

It's ok really.

"You are cyber bullies"??!?!?!?!? :laugh: I just can't stop laughing!

It seems that you are the hater here. You hate your past self and everyone that resembles that. You seem full of fears and insecurities and hiding all that behind your perfect muscular body. I wonder if you trully love yourself, or just your new body.. :indifferent:

Anyway, what do I know? I'm a cyber bully.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'll just be sitting over here on the awesome couch with my bread, pasta, chocolate, and wine. :drinker:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    FWIW:
    IMG_20130922_014749_zpsee4497e7.jpg

Actually as it turns out I can't. I lifted weights for a couple years and lost a lot of weight and looked pretty good. I ate what I wanted in moderation. But then I started experiencing extreme pain in my left leg. Turns out I have a bone tumor in my hip that now prevents me from doing most exercises such as squats. I'm now trying to lift myself up from the bottom I've fallen to and trying to find some sort of exercise that doesn't make it worse. Insult me again, please.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    FWIW:
    IMG_20130922_014749_zpsee4497e7.jpg

Actually as it turns out I can't. I lifted weights for a couple years and lost a lot of weight and looked pretty good. I ate what I wanted in moderation. But then I started experiencing extreme pain in my left leg. Turns out I have a bone tumor in my hip that now prevents me from doing most exercises such as squats. I'm now trying to lift myself up from the bottom I've fallen to and trying to find some sort of exercise that doesn't make it worse. Insult me again, please.

I really hope things improve for you.
    That must be very challenging to live with and kudos to you for continuing to find ways to improve and maintain fitness in spite of it.
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'll just be sitting over here on the awesome couch with my bread, pasta, chocolate, and wine. :drinker:

Oh all of my favorite things. Care to share the all of the contraband foods?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I have popcorn and tacos, who wants to come watch the show with me?

PS I've heard it's fun to be normal.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I have popcorn and tacos, who wants to come watch the show with me?

PS I've heard it's fun to be normal.

Meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

ALL the fun!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I plan on being me..whether that is normal, freaky, extraordinary, or other...that's fine. But I'll do it without trying to make changes that I know aren't going to be long term or ones that will set me up to fail.

Do you realize how many people go on restrictive diets that fail? Do you know it can take just one cookie to freak out and rage quit? Yes, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get to your competitive level, but right now, most people looking to lose weight need to build their will power and confidence...as well as just getting down the whole deficit and exercise deal.

Not everyone has the same goals but trying to look down your nose at those with "normal" goals is as bad as those that might scoff at those who end up reaching past normal for bodybuilding/powerlifting goals.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    When I wrote this last night, I thought...if I reach 5 people..it was worth it...5. Well, looks like it was worth it.

For those of you who don't want to take the plunge and stay normal, fine. But how many of you I wonder have swam with sharks, went black water rafting, handgliding...ran up Diamond Head in 20 mins...why? Just because you could.

Sure, walking into a room and knowing you are the fittest person there isn't appealing? Ok

Having strangers stop you in the mall to ask health advice seems a bother. I get it.

Having your significant other bushwack you at every chance because you are now the dream person. Ya I know, that isn't appealing either.

You want to walk down the street and not be notice. Then pls go over to the how to lose weight section cuz chances are you don't have the drive to make it stick. Sure you could be in that 10% that hit a goal and maintain. But I think you may be fooling yourself.

When you get to be a freak on the other hand..you have totally changed your lifestyle..you hit a goal and actually get depressed...why...because you think someday you may actually run out of goals.

And obtw...I've been there done that. Go look at my profile...I have a pic of the before. 2.5 years ago I could have been someone reading this.

So those who signed up..let's do this. For others...good luck.

Or...

I can be normal and have friends.

0/10
    Would not "bushwhack"
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Of course! It's nighttime here, so I'll be going for the sweets.

Chocolate-collage.gif
  • DamePiglet
    Options

Chocolate-collage.gif

In!
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options

Chocolate-collage.gif

Yes! Chocolate. *insert happy dance here*
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Chocolate-collage.gif

I'm drooling already. Damn being over my calories! :laugh:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Chocolate-collage.gif

In!

I'm having a giant bowl of home made mac and cheese for dinner, while still hitting my macro goals. But I threw a beer into the husband's chili that he's having for lunch next week, because now that he's lifting I can't have random women bushwhacking him....