P90X CHALLENGE (JAN 1ST) PHASE 1

Options

Replies

• CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    W3D3 complete!

Upped my weight for the Shoulders & Arms workout....wow.
    Planning on getting even heavier weights in the next couple days, I want to see how hard I can push myself. Very pleased with my progress so far! :)

I am also very much looking forward to the next weigh in. I had acutally gained a bit back before starting the program, putting me at about 170.6 and the last time I weighed in (which I didn't post for it to be recorded since it felt like cheating) I had dropped back down to my 'original weight' of 168.4. 2 lbs off, but not counting on it to be a breakthrough.

This 2 month plateau has been extremely difficult and a huge de-motivator, but each time I've lost I could FEEL a difference in my body. For 2 months, I haven't felt anything. I finally DO now...so I can't wait to see what that scale says! I just hope I'm not expecting too much only to be disappointed. **Fingers Crossed!**
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    W3D3 complete!

Upped my weight for the Shoulders & Arms workout....wow.
    Planning on getting even heavier weights in the next couple days, I want to see how hard I can push myself. Very pleased with my progress so far! :)

I am also very much looking forward to the next weigh in. I had acutally gained a bit back before starting the program, putting me at about 170.6 and the last time I weighed in (which I didn't post for it to be recorded since it felt like cheating) I had dropped back down to my 'original weight' of 168.4. 2 lbs off, but not counting on it to be a breakthrough.

This 2 month plateau has been extremely difficult and a huge de-motivator, but each time I've lost I could FEEL a difference in my body. For 2 months, I haven't felt anything. I finally DO now...so I can't wait to see what that scale says! I just hope I'm not expecting too much only to be disappointed. **Fingers Crossed!**
    You're doing awesome!! It's all about pushing yourself to see what you're capable of. Just wait until you get to the end - trust me, you'll be SHOCKED when you see how many reps and how much more you can lift compared to now. :happy:

I finished W3D3 today too. I'm a little sad that this workout is done until month 3... :frown:
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home :( Plus I just want to wait the 30 days because I've been fluctuating like crazy.

I also have a QUESTION. Are you guys wearing your HRM's for every workout? I'm only wearing for the ones it says to. Thanks!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home :( Plus I just want to wait the 30 days because I've been fluctuating like crazy.

I also have a QUESTION. Are you guys wearing your HRM's for every workout? I'm only wearing for the ones it says to. Thanks!
    The calorie counter on my HRM is wildly inaccurate, but I use it to check my heart rate on cardio days. But it's been way off with that too, mind you the one I have is crap quality. (Saving for a new one)

I don't worry too much about how much it's says I've burned because I don't eat my calories back. I just log a random number when I input my exercise on here. That's just me though.
  • tuduis
    Options
    The calorie counter on my HRM is wildly inaccurate, but I use it to check my heart rate on cardio days. But it's been way off with that too, mind you the one I have is crap quality. (Saving for a new one)

I don't worry too much about how much it's says I've burned because I don't eat my calories back. I just log a random number when I input my exercise on here. That's just me though.

Ya, I have a pretty nice HRM, very accurate at the gym (bike/row), but considering I'm "not really" doing cardio in some of the P90X DVD's I don't use it nor do I record the calorie burn. I just give a good couple hundred calorie guesstimate and it seems to have been working out fine.
  • mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    I am still going strong! So proud of myself for sticking with it!
  • tuduis
    Options
    I am still going strong! So proud of myself for sticking with it!

Keep it up!!! ;D
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Didn't do my work out tonight...went to support the local basketball team!!! And they both won!!! Anyways I am going to do the arms and shoulders with ab ripper X tommorow morning and then do my regular workout tomorrow night!!! I really like this workout system!!! I read somewhere on here a guy was telling people not to buy p90x, I would have to disagree so much!!! It is not only great for your body it is also great for your mind. It is encouraging and motivating to see changes in yourself in so little time... I just had to get that off my mind...Thanks!! LOL!:happy:

I did the shoulders arms and abs this morning and now for yoga this evening!!! I am caught up and feeling good!:happy:
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Didn't do my work out tonight...went to support the local basketball team!!! And they both won!!! Anyways I am going to do the arms and shoulders with ab ripper X tommorow morning and then do my regular workout tomorrow night!!! I really like this workout system!!! I read somewhere on here a guy was telling people not to buy p90x, I would have to disagree so much!!! It is not only great for your body it is also great for your mind. It is encouraging and motivating to see changes in yourself in so little time... I just had to get that off my mind...Thanks!! LOL!:happy:

i read that board too, i do agree though that it is very expensive. But also, if your willing to put in the time, i think P90X is great!!!!.
  • sarina87
    Options
    Just Finished YOGA X

i did really good today and i feel great. I am definately progressing in this dvd. It is still very long but i make time for it.
  • chelsiburnett
    Options

i read that board too, i do agree though that it is very expensive. But also, if your willing to put in the time, i think P90X is great!!!!.

I guess just the way he titled it kinda struck a nerve!! I also agree it was expensive, but I also think the jeans I buy are too expensive and some other things that I do out of bad habit is expensive.. what I am getting at at least it is going toward something healthy and wise instead of spluging and getting nothing out of it in the end! LOL I don't know I just read that and I felt like he was against anyone doing it!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Yoga finished!!! I didn't like this at first, but I am started to enjoy this one also... Gives me time to clear my head..Sometimes i really need that after a stressful day at work.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ha ha...I replied to that board too....but I think I was one of the few that understood what the OP was trying to convey. I knew once I saw that title that he was going to get bombarded...and he did!

I find it extremely sad that is what happens to people who post a different view or opinion as the majority. The discussion boards should be used for the purpose of 'discussion', all too often members are smacked on their butt if they do/say something others don't agree with. Sad.

Anyways......I meant to repsond about wearing the HRM for each workout....
    I do, but that's because I am using my own tracking system at home as well that I don't get on MFP. I'd say 'guesstimating' a couple hundred calories is a safe bet, most likely it's more than that.

OH.....and WTG to the ones keeping up with that Yoga disk....you rock!! :drinker:
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Ha ha...I replied to that board too....but I think I was one of the few that understood what the OP was trying to convey. I knew once I saw that title that he was going to get bombarded...and he did!

I find it extremely sad that is what happens to people who post a different view or opinion as the majority. The discussion boards should be used for the purpose of 'discussion', all too often members are smacked on their butt if they do/say something others don't agree with. Sad.

I agree with you completely about the different opinions I think everyone to each there own, I just thought the title was a bit much cause it struck me the wrong way... I don't mind people giving there opinions, as long as I can give mine also :smile:
    Don't mean anything against anyone or anything and I am sorry if I struck people wrong with my comments....don't mean to come off the wrong way...
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    ok kids, how are you doing hitting the 1800 calories? I've been doing pretty poor at that and think that I'm gaining. :( Do you find that eating all that food helps a ton?
  • sarina87
    Options

I agree with you completely about the different opinions I think everyone to each there own, I just thought the title was a bit much cause it struck me the wrong way... I don't mind people giving there opinions, as long as I can give mine also :smile:
    Don't mean anything against anyone or anything and I am sorry if I struck people wrong with my comments....don't mean to come off the wrong way...

He did come off very strong about it. But that was his frustration and dislikes about the program. I do know alot of people who hate p90x and insanity. And i do know alot of people who love them. Everyone's got different taste's and i understand the negatives and positives about the program. I didn't get struck the wrong way because of the board. After all it was just one persons opinion. I just truly believe that people should try out the program completely before they feel they can judge it. But alot of people cant contain themselves and i can be a hothead at times as well (i blame the italian/irish blood in me :) ). But overall, i do think he was very ignorant and really wanted to scare people away from the program. I just felt this way because of the way he wrote it. But overall, it was really interesting to read all the feedback.
  • sarina87
    Options
    ok kids, how are you doing hitting the 1800 calories? I've been doing pretty poor at that and think that I'm gaining. :( Do you find that eating all that food helps a ton?

My first 2 weeks i was at 1600 calories a day and i was feeling really queezy in my second week. I then got off my butt and went to the store and bought some protein powder and made some shakes and planning on smoothies as well. This week i can definately feel a difference, i have more energy and i can make it through my workouts without feeling sick. Buying protein powder will get your calories up to 1800 for sure. I really do wanna lose weight but i think this program is more about being stronger in all aspects of your life. Right now, i just really wanna make it to the end correctly. If i get weightloss that will be great, but i already know that my clothes are fitting better and i am alot faster at work.
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    YES. I personally find it very difficult to hit 1800, but I aim for an absolute bare minimum of 1600.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    W3D2, Cardio X done! It's amazing how much you can sweat in 43 minutes.

I bought a pair of 1 lb walking weights on the weekend to bring it up a notch for Kenpo, and tried them out today with the Kenpo bit... WOWZERS!!! What a difference that made!! I had to pay extra attention to my form, plus it also forced me to tighten my core even more to stabilize my body during the punches. And it was just one pound in each hand!! I highly recommend trying it.

I am hoping to get some wrist and ankle weights at some point! I've been thinking about it for a while now! I can't wait to try it!!!!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

He did come off very strong about it. But that was his frustration and dislikes about the program. I do know alot of people who hate p90x and insanity. And i do know alot of people who love them. Everyone's got different taste's and i understand the negatives and positives about the program. I didn't get struck the wrong way because of the board. After all it was just one persons opinion. I just truly believe that people should try out the program completely before they feel they can judge it. But alot of people cant contain themselves and i can be a hothead at times as well (i blame the italian/irish blood in me :) ). But overall, i do think he was very ignorant and really wanted to scare people away from the program. I just felt this way because of the way he wrote it. But overall, it was really interesting to read all the feedback.

I agree he came off WAY too strong about it!!! I didn't respond to the post beacuse I felt like all the other beachbody faithfuls said it all!! Sometimes when I'm bored at work I'll sit and read some posts, and I feel like there are some (not many but some) people on here that have very strong opinions about things which is great but sometimes they come off as not being as supportive as this site is ment to be or they don't say it in the right way or with the right tone (I think thats what i'm trying to say)! And as far as it being expensive (one of the things he mentioned).... yes... I agree it is a bit... however in the long run how much does it cost to join a gym for a couple years?? I haven't had a gym membership in a long time (it's always been too expensive around here!) and I know the one I went to was like $35 a month... with at home programs it's a one time cost and then I have everything I need for the next how ever many years it lasts!! Although... my husband and I keep needing to buy heavier weights and that is getting really annoying... but in a good way (just not good on the wallet!!!)!!!!

Anyway... enough said about that.... week 3 has been wonderfu so farl!!!!! I think this has been my best week doing P90x EVER!!!! I'm feeling really good about all the workouts!! Also.... I have graduated from the bands to the pull-up bar (using the chair of course!) and I just feel much stronger this week!! It's been a great week!! Keep up the good work everyone!!!!