Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Most people weigh in on Wednesdays, however you can weigh in on whichever day works best for you!

Welcome all!

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Our thread is now for 2011!!! Wow!!! Happy New Years Day, ladies!!! Hope you all had a safe and fun evening! My husband and I stayed at my FIL's house to watch some football. We are waiting patiently (or impatiently really!!!:laugh: ) for our hosue to be done. It was suppose to be done Dec. 15, and now they're still working on it....we have to be out of this rental house by Jan. 15th so....they need to hurry!!! I'm so ready to get in and start getting my nursery together!

My school vacation is coming to a close...teachers go back on Tuesday. It's been a nice, relaxing one though! I just keep telling myself I only have 12 more weeks and then I'll be off for 4 months with my little princess! (1 week Spring break, 6 weeks maternity leave, then 2 months summer) I am so blessed to have that much time off...our timing was excellent, lol. :laugh:

I haven't posted much lately - but I read the posts everyday to keep up with what's going on. TWINS is so exciting!!! And I hope those of you feeling down or sick get an extra boost of energy! Sheri, I am sorry you are feeling so badly. I'd keep telling my Dr. too! Try to take it easy!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Trish. I'm a SAHM to a beautiful, hilarious, brilliantly smart 2yo girl. I'm trying to drop the last of my weight before TTC this coming fall.
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Neat! We've been TTC for about a year now - I have PCOS so weight loss has been an important goal on my part. My hope is with enough weight loss I will OV more regularly.
    Superfrustrating, not to mention $$ - tons of ov predictor tests - blah!
  • vanishingirl77
    Options
    Hello! I'd like to be a part of this! I'm almost 34 and have been TTC #2 for two years now. My first son was conceived right away (I weighed 245ish I think) and I'm not sure why I'm having problems, but have been hesitant to seek medical advice because my weight is so high right now. Pretty sure I'll just be told to lose weight.

I have a relatively active job, and would like to lose as much fat as possible before becoming pregnant again (although at my age and two years TTC getting pregnant takes priority over losing weight (as in, not going to try to lose it first!).

Just thought I'd introduce myself and wish everyone a very happy new year!!
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too and was just about to purchase a saliva ovulation predictor microscope, (b4 I got pregnant). they're about $30, so it might be worth it instead of buying the disposable kits. also, some dollar stores have OPK and Pregnancy tests. it might cut down on the costs. HTH :D

Happy New Year everyone! Hope the new year brings happiness, health and success to everyone! XOXO
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Our thread is now for 2011!!! Wow!!! Happy New Years Day, ladies!!! Hope you all had a safe and fun evening! My husband and I stayed at my FIL's house to watch some football. We are waiting patiently (or impatiently really!!!:laugh: ) for our hosue to be done. It was suppose to be done Dec. 15, and now they're still working on it....we have to be out of this rental house by Jan. 15th so....they need to hurry!!! I'm so ready to get in and start getting my nursery together!

My school vacation is coming to a close...teachers go back on Tuesday. It's been a nice, relaxing one though! I just keep telling myself I only have 12 more weeks and then I'll be off for 4 months with my little princess! (1 week Spring break, 6 weeks maternity leave, then 2 months summer) I am so blessed to have that much time off...our timing was excellent, lol. :laugh:

I haven't posted much lately - but I read the posts everyday to keep up with what's going on. TWINS is so exciting!!! And I hope those of you feeling down or sick get an extra boost of energy! Sheri, I am sorry you are feeling so badly. I'd keep telling my Dr. too! Try to take it easy!

Wow I can't believe 2011 already. I'm so glad you get that much time off with your little one. It will give you so much time to bond and really get used to her without having work in the way. I'm ready to get my nursery started, but right now the room is full of Man Cave stuff so I think it won't be done until February or March which is cutting it close. But we can be flexible, babies don't require much at first, food, diapers, and love.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! Had a fun night at my sister's house with my niece and nephews. Surprised I was able to stay up long enough to watch the ball drop :laugh:

2010 was a great year and I'm looking forward to everything that 2011 will bring for all of us.

Now to make it through the last day of big meals and holiday goodies!! Hope everyone has a great first day of the year!!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
    I'm super excited because my doctor's office called yesterday to confirm my appointment on Monday & the recording said I was scheduled for an ultrasound! :bigsmile: I wasn't sure whether or not they'd do an ultrasound at 12 weeks. I also found the heart beat again yesterday morning so dh could hear (he was out of town the first time I found it). :heart:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years everyone, we watched the ball drop.... on east coast time, lol! Mommy and the kids only made it to 11, good thing we watched it at 9 with some family. Not feeling much pain yet today but have to hit the market and get ready for work on Monday. So not looking forward to it but don't see the doctor til the following Friday and cant afford any more unpaid time off.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Yay, I am glad I found this. My name is Rachael. I am 12 weeks pregnant and so excited. This will be my first baby. :) I am excited to find people with the same goals and who will also help motivate and inspire.

Some of my challenges currently are getting enough water (it makes me sick in the morning, and I don't want to wake up all night going to the bathroom if I drink too much in the evening). Any recommendations? And getting enough protein. My doctor told me that I should be getting 90 grams of protein a day. I realized I normally only ate about 40-50. So this a huge jump. I have been eating eggs, yogurt, milk and protein shakes. For some reason I can hardly stand chicken or fish any more. It just makes me sick.(The joys of morning sickness :) ) How do any of you get enough protein?

I finally buckled down and got my Zofran prescription! Hallelujah, yesterday was a totally different day. I should have done that sooner. Congrats to all of you mommy's to be and good luck to those trying.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Happy New Year! Happy baby birth year for most of us! Dh took the oldest 8 to a movie and then when he returns dh and I are going out to dinner and a movie. Right now I am home alone w/ my two littlest. We have had some flu/headache thing for days, now I seem to have a slight cold or it is a continuation of the other illness. I have also had a bladder infection. I just hate those. I fight my bladder infections w/ uva ursi and herb, cranberry and cranberry juice. I didn't work out yesterday or today and cut my workout short Thursday feeling poorly. We start school back Monday, honestly none of us are looking forward to it, but thankfully we only have 16 weeks left and should be done the end of April. I will have a month or so off before the baby arrives. I always like having that time to go more inward w/ myself preparing for a a birth and new baby. January and Feburary are always ard months for all of us. It is so cold, the school seems so long still, mucking through snow and mud doig livestock chores. We put a new offer on the farm we were trying to buy, the other people's closing fell through so we have another opportunity to buy it. I pray it goes more smoothly than all our other attempts last year. I seem to have gained about 4 lbs extra this week, Christmas week. I feel mad at myself about it, but some could not be helped drinking juice for the bladder infection. I hope I feel tip to next week and can resume more normal eating and regular working out schedule.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Yay, I am glad I found this. My name is Rachael. I am 12 weeks pregnant and so excited. This will be my first baby. :) I am excited to find people with the same goals and who will also help motivate and inspire.

Some of my challenges currently are getting enough water (it makes me sick in the morning, and I don't want to wake up all night going to the bathroom if I drink too much in the evening). Any recommendations? And getting enough protein. My doctor told me that I should be getting 90 grams of protein a day. I realized I normally only ate about 40-50. So this a huge jump. I have been eating eggs, yogurt, milk and protein shakes. For some reason I can hardly stand chicken or fish any more. It just makes me sick.(The joys of morning sickness :) ) How do any of you get enough protein?

I finally buckled down and got my Zofran prescription! Hallelujah, yesterday was a totally different day. I should have done that sooner. Congrats to all of you mommy's to be and good luck to those trying.

Try sparkling water, it is the only thing I can still drink. I drank this my last two pregnancies and it saved me! I am surprised and happy your dr mention a great need for protein. It is especially important in pregnancy. There are many high protein sources, of course meat, but also eggs, nuts, lentils, beans, cheese. Do any of those appeal to you? Lentil tacos are one of my favorite meals as the rest of my family. Nuts are an excellent protein source and pack a huge amount in a small portion. Also there is always protein bars which help me through the first trimester. Protein every few hours will also help w/ nausea.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Cool thread! My husband and I were TTC #2 for the past several months, but we're taking a break until April due to work responsibilities that would not make a fall/winter maternity leave possible for me. Since we're on a break I'm taking time to really get some weight off. I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight for my daughter, but I really want to get back into a healthier weight. I don't want to tip the scales at over 200 like I did at the end of my pregnancy last time!
  • kericarey
    Options
    I am a work at home mom to a brilliant 15 month old baby boy. Gained 20 lbs since my last pregnancy due to post pardum depression and a newly found chocolate addiction. TTC baby #2. I changed myself to a strict diet of .5 bagel and cream cheese/ 1/2 cup coffee for breakfast, lean cusiene for lunch, yogurt snack, and 500-600 calorie healthy dinner. I lost 5 pounds of water weight and probably undigested chocolate just this week. I started Jillian Michaels Yoga and I speed clean my house every morning. I started taking my prenatal vitamins again as well. Also, 1200 mg of fish oil. ( I despise any food from the water so i take these twice a week just for the omegas) Would love to be part of this group.

Current weight: 150
    1st goal: 140 by feb 1st/ loose the love handles
    2nd goal: 130 by march 1st
    Ultimate goal: Concieve soon!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS, as well as thyroid problems. First baby was conceived right away. It was more of a "don't mock God" lesson, LOL. I had told EVERYONE, jokingly, that it would take an act of God to get pregnant right away. Yeah...

I used my basal thermometer pretty religiously, seemed to help a lot.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am a work at home mom to a brilliant 15 month old baby boy. Gained 20 lbs since my last pregnancy due to post pardum depression and a newly found chocolate addiction. TTC baby #2. I changed myself to a strict diet of .5 bagel and cream cheese/ 1/2 cup coffee for breakfast, lean cusiene for lunch, yogurt snack, and 500-600 calorie healthy dinner. I lost 5 pounds of water weight and probably undigested chocolate just this week. I started Jillian Michaels Yoga and I speed clean my house every morning. I started taking my prenatal vitamins again as well. Also, 1200 mg of fish oil. ( I despise any food from the water so i take these twice a week just for the omegas) Would love to be part of this group.

Current weight: 150
    1st goal: 140 by feb 1st/ loose the love handles
    2nd goal: 130 by march 1st
    Ultimate goal: Concieve soon!

Welcome! You should add some fruits and veggies to that diet! Maybe one with breakfast and lunch?
  • Lisak22
    Lisak22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Alright ladies...i need some advice...Soo i took my test tuesday night, it was positive...all 6 actually...anyways thursday, i started spotting...went to the doc, drew blood, did an ultrasound, and they said they saw the water sac...nothing else. I had to go again for blood tests, and one last time monday so they can compair my levels...

is this normal?...im still spotting, some times its heavier than others....they told me not to stress, sit, no heaving lifting, and well go from there...

i cant help but be worried, and nervous....:cry:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Alright ladies...i need some advice...Soo i took my test tuesday night, it was positive...all 6 actually...anyways thursday, i started spotting...went to the doc, drew blood, did an ultrasound, and they said they saw the water sac...nothing else. I had to go again for blood tests, and one last time monday so they can compair my levels...

is this normal?...im still spotting, some times its heavier than others....they told me not to stress, sit, no heaving lifting, and well go from there...

Spotting is extremely normal in pregnancy, especially early on. A baby and a HB cannot usually be seen by U/S until 6 weeks give or take a few days. If your levels of hormone are not rising adequately it could be a progesterone issue. You can start taking wild yam now or wait until you get the results and if they determine it is necessary you can take progesterone suppositories until the placenta makes its own progesterone.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I don't know a whole lot about it but I do hear that spotting can be normal. I am sure you are in good hands with your dr. When do you get the results of your levels? I know its hard not to worry. I will be thinking about you!