7 day cleanse diet,who's with me?

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

thank you friends,thank you

You asked the question "who's with me"... you got answers... maybe not the ones you wanted... you didn't ask for people's opinions about the "cleanse" or whether you should do it or what to do instead. But you're welcome.

yes I know what I was asking but all those stupid comments makes me angry.

what if it was a person who really doesn't know what is the healthiest way to lose weight and keep yourself healthy? those comments are really sarcastic.

but well if people are like that in here...okay

Well then the negative comments should then be a segue into asking other questions... such as, "Ok, if no one wants to do it then why? What would be a better alternative?"

Oh, and I see you are new in the forums.... cleanses and detoxes are brought up all the time... there are always going to be "sarcastic" (using that term very loosely here) pop up when this topic is brought up.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i would do it with you, but i eat keto and i dont' eat fruits
    sorry and good luck :drinker:
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

You asked the question "who's with me"... you got answers... maybe not the ones you wanted... you didn't ask for people's opinions about the "cleanse" or whether you should do it or what to do instead. But you're welcome.

what if it was a person who really doesn't know what is the healthiest way to lose weight and keep yourself healthy? those comments are really sarcastic.

Perhaps your missed this link someone posted on the first page. I'll post it again:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1159755-looking-for-a-detox-cleanse
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you did get one really very valuable post here, that link on the "detox or cleanse." It's a great place to go for a serious answer.

Sometimes, the old folks here just get our undies in a bundle when we see cleanses, detoxes, quick fixes... hang in there. At the end of the day, you do what you do. But if you just start reading, you'll quickly see the overall theme here...

Calorie Deficit, Move More, Eat the Pizza... :)
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    the-office-no.gif

OMG that made me LOL! :laugh:
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Just a couple of observations:

1.If your OP has a link and that you're going to start something, it is assumed you're doing exactly that plan. It wasn't until later that you clarified you aren't following it exactly. More definition in your OP could avoid some miscommunication such as: "I don't want to do this exactly as written, I was thinking of taking elements X, Y, and Z and incorporating them into my plan".

2. [quote' what if it was a person who really doesn't know what is the healthiest way to lose weight and keep yourself healthy? those comments are really sarcastic.

[/quote] I believe those comments *would* help someone who legit didn't know better, because it would make them stop and read. The people on here are not jerks, they're helping. No one is going to pander to anyone, though, when a simple search of the forums would pop up this discussion a thousand times. Hence some level of sarcasm.

3. Any kind of detox or specific diet is just a scam. I don't understand why you feel the need to do it in order to become more strict with yourself. If you want something enough, you'll do it, even if it doesn't have a fancy name or structure to it.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    IF by cleanse you mean shampooing our bodies in a cleansing of dirt manner, then yes. But I've been doing that few a couple decades now.

Start with your face, you dirty dirty dirty girl.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options

just pure sarcasm

Well then the negative comments should then be a segue into asking other questions... such as, "Ok, if no one wants to do it then why? What would be a better alternative?"

Oh, and I see you are new in the forums.... cleanses and detoxes are brought up all the time... there are always going to be "sarcastic" (using that term very loosely here) pop up when this topic is brought up.

i've been here for over a year but i'm not logging in as much as others.

the deal is that i am not reading every single post that comes up,many people start the same post over and over again
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    it sounds like if that diet had a different name that is not ''detox or cleanse'' people would be ''oh okay or sure''

i know all that detox bull**** or any diet bull**** won't make your life change forever.
    I lost 50lbs without any diet,but this I wanted to try because I want to make myself be a little more strict,it doesn't mean that i'm following that ''diet'' 100% like it's written. It's just a little plan so I can be back on my 'old-healthier-eating-path'

But thanks anyways

You want to get to a healthier eating plan and you think dropping 17# in 10 days is healthy...I think I'm gonna need to find out what your definition of healthy is.

I AM NOT FOLLOWING THAT ''PLAN'' 100% LIKE IT IS WRITTEN.

Losing 10-17lbs in a week is sick,I know that.

i just want to take the basics.

what are you saying for vegans then?
    ''OMG, you are crazy not eating meat or eggs that is terrible?!''

What does someone being vegan have anything to do with this post...what so ever?

I'm a vegetarian. If someone wants to be vegan I'd say do it for the right reasons, don't do it because you think you'll lose weight. I'd also advise them to make sure they research to get all their macros.

You weren't asking for advice.

You wanted people to suffer and follow you on this ridiculous fad diet and now you're butthurt because people were honest. They might have been snarky, but we see these threads every. single. day.

Most people posting these don't want real advice, they want someone to pat them on the head and validate that what they are doing is okay. That's NOT going to happen here. We aren't here to support dangerous unhealthy diets...which posting/promoting them is actually against the TOS.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    i It's just a little plan so I can be back on my 'old-healthier-eating-path'

So... why don't you just go back to your "old healthier eating plan?" Why do you need a cleanse, which basically will do nothing more than "cleanse" your wallet of cash?

I don't get it but it's true, a fool and his money are soon parted. I need to come up with some trendy diet plan and make loads of cash.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    there ain't no cleanse like an MFP cleanse cuz an MFP cleanse is NOT ALLOWED :devil:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

just pure sarcasm

People got cranky really fast because:
    1. There is a "don't do detox cleanses" thread pinned to the top of this forum. If anyone comes here excited to try a new cleanse, it means that person did not read the intro threads.
    2. You defended the idea, saying that the problem was that it used the word detox, that people wouldn't be all NO STOP if it had used another word. That's just not true. Any diet that promises more than 2 lb loss a week is hooey.
    3. A simple google search will show you that green tea extract/ginicia cambogia is a scammy product that Dr. Oz just got in trouble for touting. One of the manufacturers just settled in court for making false and misleading claims.

I don't think anyone gave you any diet and weight loss advice because most people here who are successful at losing weight use the MyFItnessPal weight loss plan. As in, they log what they eat in their food diary. Some people (like me) also weigh their food.

Eat how you want to eat for the rest of your life and you will be successful. Buy into fads and scams and you'll end up weighing a few dollars less.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You want answers to the questions you weren't asking...here ya go...

Everything I've learned in 2.5 years...

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer

It's about moderation not deprivation. There are no good/bad foods, only bad eating habits. Do or do not, there is no try. You have to want it, you have to work for it, you have to realize that only you can do it.

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1217573-so-you-want-to-start-running

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above this one then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Excuses??? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/06/02/the-no-excuses-play-like-a-champion-challenge/

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Want to lift heavy things?
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Stronglifts Summary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

Stronglifts Womens Group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • cottony
    Options
    well one thing for sure if someone posts something that is not very smart or crazy diet then everyone will come up to say something
    BUT if someone posts something like ''sharing advice or anything,they'll get 3 or 4 comments.

It actually sounds pretty sad.

I should post some even crazier diets here and i will get comments for sure
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

just pure sarcasm

i've been here for over a year but i'm not logging in as much as others.

the deal is that i am not reading every single post that comes up,many people start the same post over and over again

You don't have to read every single post... but reading at the very least the pinned ones at the top of forums would be a good idea as there is a lot of pertinent information that will help you lose weight a lot healthier than any cleanse, detox, fad, or pill.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    the-office-no.gif

+1
    1roZvra.jpg
  • cottony
    Options
    I guess before making any post i should share my whole history and weight loss/gain past,because it seems like people assume that i am some girl with few pounds to lose but i want the lose fast because i need to get in to that little red dress that i bought by next Tuesday.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I guess before making any post i should share my whole history and weight loss/gain past,because it seems like people assume that i am some girl with few pounds to lose but i want the lose fast because i need to get in to that little red dress that i bought by next Tuesday.
    does it really matter why?

a cleanse is ridiculous regardless of the reasons behind it.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

No, when you post about doing a cleanse people assume you're uneducated about nutrition and the safe and healthy way to lose weight. A lot of those posts were helpful but you're too defensive to see past the sarcasm.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

Oh! It's because of the little red dress you bought. Well that is different. I was afraid this would turn into the "I have to loose 20 lbs before my wedding in 2 weeks" thread. whew. That's a relief.

Wait.... I am using sarcasm again, ain't I? I have to stop doing that.