7 day cleanse diet,who's with me?

Options

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I guess before making any post i should share my whole history and weight loss/gain past,because it seems like people assume that i am some girl with few pounds to lose but i want the lose fast because i need to get in to that little red dress that i bought by next Tuesday.
    If you crash diet you will lose water weight and some muscle. Your skin will look saggy and grey and gross. Your hair won't be shiny, since you'll be missing out on essential fats and proteins. In fact, you might even lose big clumps of hair, depending on your body and how long you go on a crash diet. Maybe you can drop 4 lbs of water weight and muscle in 10 days. The second you go back to eating real food, you will gain back everything you lost, and more.

Personal note on fitting in to clothing. In 2 weeks (so, 14 days), I went from wearing a dress that wouldn't zip up the whole way, wouldn't even come close to closing, to fitting perfectly for an event. I ate at a slight calorie deficit: netting ~1500 calories a day and exercised, eating back all of my exercise calories. Seriously, the zipper was a good 2-3 inches from zipping, a gap of 1.5 inches at the top of the zipper.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    well one thing for sure if someone posts something that is not very smart or crazy diet then everyone will come up to say something
    BUT if someone posts something like ''sharing advice or anything,they'll get 3 or 4 comments.

It actually sounds pretty sad.

I should post some even crazier diets here and i will get comments for sure

In my post history you'll see that I post all of those links in a lot of "I'm back", "I'm new here", "Newbie" threads, etc...

It also depends on the time of day things are posted.
    I guess before making any post i should share my whole history and weight loss/gain past,because it seems like people assume that i am some girl with few pounds to lose but i want the lose fast because i need to get in to that little red dress that i bought by next Tuesday.
    [/img]

Nope. I didn't assume that about you. We see these posts every single day from every single size. People say they want a jump start (no such thing)...so maybe you shouldn't make assumptions about what you think other people assume.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    In.

I have cake. Someone come sit on the couch with me.... ??

tumblr_luzjkdQchp1qzcuvq.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I heard there was some butthurt here, and I'm not disappointed.

Anyway, my answer is "No, I'm not with you."

Unless it's an apple cleanse. I like that one.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

what about the sugar free gummy bear cleanse?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I just got an amazing deal on some Honey Crisps. Be jealous.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Geezus H. Christ! This is the cabbage soup diet, not a freakin' detox. Is that what they're calling it now?

P90x was the Atkins and now is Paleo. .. . .gotta mix up the names to keep 'em coming back for more...
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Cabana Banana Diet! Who's with me?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Why didn't you buy a dress that fits? I mean, if I had some event to go to, I'd try on dresses and choose the one I liked most that fits well and I look good in. I wouldn't try to squeeze myself into something smaller with "plans" to fit into it by the time the event rolls around. Usually those "plans" backfire on you. Either you still don't fit into that dress, you look/feel like crap from crash dieting or both.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Cabana Banana Diet! Who's with me?

Does it involve Cabana Boys? If so.... in.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    In.

I've got the ice cream! I'll join you on the couch!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    dlrcyu.gif
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

262630d1396123093t-very-disappointed-crackberrys-post-yesterday-double-facepalm.jpg
  • DiabolicalColossus
    Options

Why didn't you buy a dress that fits? I mean, if I had some event to go to, I'd try on dresses and choose the one I liked most that fits well and I look good in. I wouldn't try to squeeze myself into something smaller with "plans" to fit into it by the time the event rolls around. Usually those "plans" backfire on you. Either you still don't fit into that dress, you look/feel like crap from crash dieting or both.

This is the best response to that excuse EVER. A thousand times thank you.

OP, I will not join you in a "cleanse".

My liver and I are doing just swimmingly, thanks.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    In.

Pass the cake...please...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfUS_tU6AehsDzjaUvZT-i1rJ_X3WCASrgwHARVuD5VzkUydYw
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money of cleansing products. If it has some sort of pseudo effect on you, then by all means go for it. PASS.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    it sounds like if that diet had a different name that is not ''detox or cleanse'' people would be ''oh okay or sure''

i know all that detox bull**** or any diet bull**** won't make your life change forever.
    I lost 50lbs without any diet,but this I wanted to try because I want to make myself be a little more strict,it doesn't mean that i'm following that ''diet'' 100% like it's written. It's just a little plan so I can be back on my 'old-healthier-eating-path'

But thanks anyways

Sorry, but there is nothing healthy about this. Just eat healthy....starting now.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi cotony !
    it sounds like if that diet had a different name that is not ''detox or cleanse'' people would be ''oh okay or sure''

i know all that detox bull**** or any diet bull**** won't make your life change forever.
    I lost 50lbs without any diet,but this I wanted to try because I want to make myself be a little more strict,it doesn't mean that i'm following that ''diet'' 100% like it's written. It's just a little plan so I can be back on my 'old-healthier-eating-path'

But thanks anyways

Fair enough. I knew you would receive many negative replies. However, the various week-long "cleanse" plans may shake someone out of their rut, their old habits, and make them try plans that are life-long. You said you lost 50 ls without a "diet" so you know your schizz.

If you are healthy, then WTH, have fun and do it.

(Said with tongue firmly in cheek:)
    All you other stick-in-the-muds with your little personal plans and sloooow weight loss, and even slooower muscle gain are a real drag on the fix-me-quick elixirs, diet books, and Dr. Oz. How could you be mean to such a nice man? You, yes you, are personally responsible for the destruction of a multi-billion dollar business. I hope you are happy with yourselves.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    This thread has "little girl with the red dress on" ripping thru my noggin. . . . .ugh. . . ..stop the insanity!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

thank you friends,thank you

So the post with the link about detoxes and cleanses wasn't positive and sarcasm free? Or did you just conveniently overlook that one?