7 day cleanse diet,who's with me?

Options

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Hi cotony !
    it sounds like if that diet had a different name that is not ''detox or cleanse'' people would be ''oh okay or sure''

i know all that detox bull**** or any diet bull**** won't make your life change forever.
    I lost 50lbs without any diet,but this I wanted to try because I want to make myself be a little more strict,it doesn't mean that i'm following that ''diet'' 100% like it's written. It's just a little plan so I can be back on my 'old-healthier-eating-path'

But thanks anyways

Fair enough. I knew you would receive many negative replies. However, the various week-long "cleanse" plans may shake someone out of their rut, their old habits, and make them try plans that are life-long. You said you lost 50 ls without a "diet" so you know your schizz.

If you are healthy, then WTH, have fun and do it.

(Said with tongue firmly in cheek:)
    All you other stick-in-the-muds with your little personal plans and sloooow weight loss, and even slooower muscle gain are a real drag on the fix-me-quick elixirs, diet books, and Dr. Oz. How could you be mean to such a nice man? You, yes you, are personally responsible for the destruction of a multi-billion dollar business. I hope you are happy with yourselves.

What in the actual f?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    it sounds like if that diet had a different name that is not ''detox or cleanse'' people would be ''oh okay or sure''

i know all that detox bull**** or any diet bull**** won't make your life change forever.
    I lost 50lbs without any diet,but this I wanted to try because I want to make myself be a little more strict,it doesn't mean that i'm following that ''diet'' 100% like it's written. It's just a little plan so I can be back on my 'old-healthier-eating-path'

But thanks anyways

You want to get to a healthier eating plan and you think dropping 17# in 10 days is healthy...I think I'm gonna need to find out what your definition of healthy is.

I AM NOT FOLLOWING THAT ''PLAN'' 100% LIKE IT IS WRITTEN.

Losing 10-17lbs in a week is sick,I know that.

i just want to take the basics.

what are you saying for vegans then?
    ''OMG, you are crazy not eating meat or eggs that is terrible?!''

LOLz at comparing a short term fad diet/detox whatevers to a legit way of eating.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I guess before making any post i should share my whole history and weight loss/gain past,because it seems like people assume that i am some girl with few pounds to lose but i want the lose fast because i need to get in to that little red dress that i bought by next Tuesday.

First - this may be harsh but you probably should have bought a dress that actually fit you in you had to wear it so soon.

And second - just because you lose the scale number doesn't mean you'll lose the inches, especially if you are trying to crash diet.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

But thanks anyways

You want to get to a healthier eating plan and you think dropping 17# in 10 days is healthy...I think I'm gonna need to find out what your definition of healthy is.

I AM NOT FOLLOWING THAT ''PLAN'' 100% LIKE IT IS WRITTEN.

Losing 10-17lbs in a week is sick,I know that.

i just want to take the basics.

what are you saying for vegans then?
    ''OMG, you are crazy not eating meat or eggs that is terrible?!''

LOLz at comparing a short term fad diet/detox whatevers to a legit way of eating.

I know right?!?!? She has yet to tell me what Veganism has to do with this thread in any way.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hi cotony !

But thanks anyways

Fair enough. I knew you would receive many negative replies. However, the various week-long "cleanse" plans may shake someone out of their rut, their old habits, and make them try plans that are life-long. You said you lost 50 ls without a "diet" so you know your schizz.

All you other stick-in-the-muds with your little personal plans and sloooow weight loss, and even slooower muscle gain are a real drag on the fix-me-quick elixirs, diet books, and Dr. Oz. How could you be mean to such a nice man? You, yes you, are personally responsible for the destruction of a multi-billion dollar business. I hope you are happy with yourselves.

umm.....WUT?
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I guess before making any post i should share my whole history and weight loss/gain past,because it seems like people assume that i am some girl with few pounds to lose but i want the lose fast because i need to get in to that little red dress that i bought by next Tuesday.

First - this may be harsh but you probably should have bought a dress that actually fit you in you had to wear it so soon.

And second - just because you lose the scale number doesn't mean you'll lose the inches, especially if you are trying to crash diet.

wait...did someone actually believed i bought red dress and i want to fit in it?

you are actually kidding right?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Hi cotony !

But thanks anyways

umm.....WUT?

I guess someone missed the whole deal about him being investigated and getting ripped into during a Congressional hearing?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    In.

I have cake. Someone come sit on the couch with me.... ??

tumblr_luzjkdQchp1qzcuvq.gif

Pass the cake...please...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfUS_tU6AehsDzjaUvZT-i1rJ_X3WCASrgwHARVuD5VzkUydYw

2573xau.gif
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Hi cotony !

But thanks anyways

lolz
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So... let's look at the timeline:

"Who wants to do this cleanse!?"
    "I wasn't going to ACTUALLY follow the cleanse, I know it's dumb!"
    "Why didn't people tell me the cleanse was dumb!"
    "I know better than to do a dumb cleanse"
    "I just need to fit into a dress I bought that's too small"

OP - see why this didn't work out the way you wanted?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

wait...did someone actually believed i bought red dress and i want to fit in it?

you are actually kidding right?

"I guess before making any post i should share my whole history and weight loss/gain past,because it seems like people assume that i am some girl with few pounds to lose but i want the lose fast because i need to get in to that little red dress that i bought by next Tuesday."

^Please see the bolded. If that weren't the case, then realize you might need to learn how to word things correctly so people understand what you are trying to say. :flowerforyou:
  • cottony
    Options
    So... let's look at the timeline:

"Who wants to do this cleanse!?"
    "I wasn't going to ACTUALLY follow the cleanse, I know it's dumb!"
    "Why didn't people tell me the cleanse was dumb!"
    "I know better than to do a dumb cleanse"
    "I just need to fit into a dress I bought that's too small"

OP - see why this didn't work out the way you wanted?

well actually this worked better than i thought,all your answers amused me very much,thank you
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    2eogy0j.gif
  • cottony
    Options
    ehhh...this is fun to read,i'll go get some popcorn
  • betternextyear
    Options
    What's the program?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    well thanks for all the negativity anyways,not even one ''you shouldn't do that or try something different like...''

just pure sarcasm

thank you friends,thank you

Hi, first off, I want to apologize. I was quick to use sarcasm when you posted. I would like to redeem myself. A big part of myfitnesspal is the idea that losing weight quickly is not necessarily the best for you. And quite a few people that have been here for awhile have learned that quick "jumpstarts" and cleanses tend to not only give short term results, but can damage you in the future. Cleansing is a bit of a fad in the 21st century, when people were told that if you were to lose weight quick, you could get off on a good footing towards "normal" weight loss. What those cleanses don't address is that losing weight is about consistency and taking care of your body. It doesn't teach you how to eat at a deficit or why certain foods are better in moderation than others. It is restriction and more than 90% of the time leads to binging and gaining the weight back plus some. Here are some great links (from a post I made as an former dieter and habitual cleanser) that I have found helpful when starting over or after losing track for awhile. I wish you all the luck, and you can pm me if you need anything.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1432136-meanie-hater-reinvented

Wow Mikki, it's like you have become more mature suddenly in one day. Like it is a special day or something. But no, that can't be. Just any other day. No cake required. Now get your mud mask wearing face back to work!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    What's the program?

Eat at a deficit. That's it.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    Options

You'd be better served getting a hobby that isn't trolling internet forums like a bored teenager.
  • cottony
    Options

You'd be better served getting a hobby that isn't trolling internet forums like a bored teenager.

wow someone's getting grumpy,i'm not a troll and not being disrespectful to anyone,so chill out.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    Options

There's no need to project your feelings of anger and inadequacy on me or anyone else here.

No one's "grumpy", save for you.

You don't have the ability to upset me, I can assure you.

You expose your inadequacy by trolling internet forums.

I simply laugh.

Troll level: middling amateur.

wow someone's getting grumpy,i'm not a troll and not being disrespectful to anyone,so chill out.