Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ January 11

Options

Replies

• babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good evening all..hope everyone has had a good day so far. Got all my crunches in last night and it felt so good I just went for it..I had my Ipod blasting with some Salt N Peppa "Push It" and I ended up doing double my usual! 600 in total. I am feeling pretty darn good about that!!! 40 minutes of Turbo jam, 20 minutes of Pilates, and 600 more crunches tonight.

Kladams- It's back to the pavement for us tomorrow 8miles chick!!:bigsmile:
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    ..I had my Ipod blasting with some Salt N Peppa "Push It" and I ended up doing double my usual!

I love Salt N Peppa's Push It - it really gets me going!!

Today I've done light exercise on the Wii and housecleaning. Tomorrow morning I'll get on the machine from hell (elliptical)!!
  • blondie1238
    Options
    I love Salt N Peppa's "Push It" too! I'm new here... how do you reply directly to someone's quote?? Thanks guys!
  • daybyday
    Options
    I love Salt N Peppa's "Push It" too! I'm new here... how do you reply directly to someone's quote?? Thanks guys!

Welcome! Click on the Quote button bottom right hand corner in the middle.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    :smile: Barbiecat: me too! I have an auto-immune disease so every day I feel good is a blessing...and the times I don't are a good reminder that feeling able to work out is a privilege

:smile: vlwise: I am a picky eater too! Tell me if you find something amazing :P

:smile: Babygurl1: oh go you! that is an impressive number. I need to get cracking on mine!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT: 177

Exercise goals this week:

JAN 1 -Sat-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX AND WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 2 -Sun-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEP, GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 3 -Mon-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ JMS VIDEO (FORGOT THE NAME)

JAN 4 -Tues-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 5 -Wed-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 6 -Thurs-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, JACKIE WARNER WORKOUT

JAN 7 -Fri-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

Nutritional goals this week:

-NO FRENCH FRIES

-NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP

-Log all food every day.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.

-Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday

-BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA

I haven't done any of these since i been out of town visiting my aunt since dec 31st...so i will be marathoning it til i get caught up to today's workouts. I also need to plug in my bodybugg when i get home and upload the info there to see how many more steps i need to walk to catch up to 15,000 steps. Like I said I want to do @ least 5000 steps a day and I'm pretty sure I haven't done all 5000 steps a day...but i do know that i've walked @ least some
  • daybyday
    Options
    I haven't had pop/soda/soda pop for a couple days now. That is my new short-term goal - no pop!! I wish spring would hurry up. It was easier to get in more workouts/burn more calories with the nice warm weather!!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I haven't had pop/soda/soda pop for a couple days now. That is my new short-term goal - no pop!! I wish spring would hurry up. It was easier to get in more workouts/burn more calories with the nice warm weather!!

I hear ya I am so ready for warmer weather!! It has been cold training outside! Last Monday it was in the 30's and raining. Kladams1 and I got our 6 miles in but we were cold and wet!!! Warm sunshine would be really nice!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I have officially started the Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid program. I started w/the transition week, so, today I completed Fire 45 and Stretch 10. Since I decided to jump right into it I bypassed the "new to class" option which was pretty interesting. It took a minute for me to get the moves but I was eventually able to catch a stride. On moves that took a little longer I improvised so that I could stay moving. I'm sure it will get better as I become familiar with the moves but I was happy with the end result. I burned 444 calories in 45 minutes and then another 71 by completing the stretching. I added 5 minutes onto the stretch so i could have a solid hour of working out.

I believe tomorrow will be my first HIIT workout.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I don't live in a place that is as snowy or cold as Indiana or Iowa but NW Washington has many days of below freezing weather and snow...for a long time i just thought I'd have to get used to doing less exercise during the winter and then this year I made one of my goals to find ways to exercise indoors......besides my DVDs (Sweatin' to the Oldies, Leslie's Walk at Home, and Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners) I've found my stash of favorite movies and I put them on and walk, jog, and dance and exercise in front of the TV.....if get far enough away from the TV on the carpet I can jog and dance even when watching TV with my hubby......after so many years of finding excuses, this time I have made losing weight my number one priority.

:flowerforyou: giving up pop was hard for me, but after awhile I didn't miss it.....the same is true of coffee......I never thought I would like healthy eating but one tiny step at a time I have made changes that work and now I like them......someone said, "The only real freedom a human being has is doing what you ought to do because you want to do it". Who knew that someday I would have broiled chicken and steamed vegetables rather than pizza by choice :laugh:
  • blondie1238
    Options
    Frustrated today... I've had bronchitis since last week, and I was hoping to be able to work out again by today. I work night shift, and I haven't been able to sleep much because of the bronchitis either... still not feeling up to working out today! Ever feel like you need to work out, even when you're sick?? I know better than that... but still feel the need, especially since it's been about a week :cry: Anyways, my only goal for the week is that I'm well enough to work out by Wednesday. Sorry for the vent. Thanks :)
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Hi all and Welcome to all tbose who have just joined.:bigsmile:

Hope you are all having a good Monday. I didn't hit he gym this morning but I plan to even if it means I am dragging at work, load music and caffine should keep me awake:wink: I don't know if it is possible to gain a lb & 1/2 or if my home scale is broken but it says my weight is yo-yoing day to day between 219 & 217, I'd like to go with the lower one but I will split the difference an call it 218. :ohwell:

Due to a couple of family memebers hurting themselves over new years eve my family didn't make it to our hangover run, but theres always the april camping trip .

Tomorrows gym time I ma aiming for 45min on the elliptical & the body weight squats/dead lift sets. Doing these sets once a week probably isn't enough to build muscle but it keeps me from hurting myself. Going to spend the week trying to find a fishing hole, and I WILL spend the money this friday to get in archery practice in a nice HEATED, indoor range. (Because there is ICE on the outdoor one):laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I did it....I did it....I did it....after just completing today's workout I have done some type of exercise EVERYDAY for an ENTIRE YEAR! It was a goal I wanted to accomplish and because of all the support I received here on MFP I was able to do it....WOO..HOO!!!!!!

Today I completed my first HIIT workout from the Turbo Fire program and am I glad it was only 15 minutes. I absolutely loved the music and the routine but it kicked my booty. I am so glad that I will only being doing HIIT 15 for the first month of this hybrid program because I don't think I could hang with HIIT 20, 25 or 30......just the thought of it is making my body hurt....LOL. I know by the time I'm done with the first month I'll be able to rock out the rest of the HIITs but glad I don't have to worry about that right now.
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am still here - or I guess I should say I'm back. :) I was on vacation for the last two weeks of December and ended up getting the flu. We also went home to visit family for the holidays and we were a day late returning home due to bad weather. So it was not the most relaxing vacation and to be honest I'm not feeling at all rested or recharged. Regardless, today I headed back to work and I'm working on easing back into normal routine.

My goal for this year is to get my husband on board with this whole healthy living & weight loss thing. On my own I can exercise regularly, but I find the eating part to be a challenge. It's hard to make healthy choices when I have someone pulling me in the opposite direction a lot of the time. My husband does seem to be coming around to the fact that he needs to make some changes, so I'm hoping that we can both finally start making progress.

Good luck to everyone in 2011! I'm sure we can all do this. :)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

We hooked our Wii up to Netflix over the holiday. Netflix has some good workout DVDs that you can stream. Hopefully, this will give me enough choices over the winter.

I hope to get back to walking the dogs this year. Our old dog can't go any more and it just sort of just stopped us from going at all. Rosie has the most beautiful big brown German Shepherd eyes that break my heart when I try to leave her behind.

I am back at work today from winter break and realized that I am not as "over" the stomach flu as I thought I was. Hubby just called and he is going home sick. Once I am better I will set some goals for 2011 besides loosing the last 10 pounds.

Happy Monday all,

JAM
  • sweetiekayk
    Options

We hooked our Wii up to Netflix over the holiday. Netflix has some good workout DVDs that you can stream. Hopefully, this will give me enough choices over the winter.

I didn't realize that. I have netflix. I should hook it to my tv. Thanks.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I bundled up in extra layers today and went for a walk on the Olympic Discovery Trail then got the dogs and took them to the dog park and walked for 40 minutes while they played......later we put on a movie so I could ride the exercise bike for a three 20 minute sessions.....after the cleanse day on Sunday I've had two days of very healthy eating so I feel like I'm a good start for the new year. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: right now I'm feeling healthy and I wish a speedy recovery to all of you suffering with winter colds and other ailments

:bigsmile: dancer, you look great in your picture :bigsmile:
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

I didn't realize that. I have netflix. I should hook it to my tv. Thanks.

OMG! I had no idea either...I know what I'll be adding to my instant que.
  • daybyday
    Options
    Okay so this morning I chose not to get up and exercise. Will I beat myself up....no. I can do it later if I want. Wednesday's are usually crazy at work so I decided to get some extra zzzz's to fire my brain!!
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I did it....I did it....I did it....after just completing today's workout I have done some type of exercise EVERYDAY for an ENTIRE YEAR! It was a goal I wanted to accomplish and because of all the support I received here on MFP I was able to do it....WOO..HOO!!!!!!

YAY! Congrats!!! :drinker: :drinker: