Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ January 11

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Today I completed Turbo Fire - 45 EZ from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X from the P90X program.

Barbie: Glad everything went well. Wow 13,000 steps just by walking around the house, that's great.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all and happy hump day! I had a unit training this morning and I underestimated my workout and how long it was going to take to get ready and out the door so as a result I was rushing a bit. I have to get back into the groove of getting up really early, getting the workout completed, eat breakfast, shower and head out in enough time to not have to rush to work. I think we have about a week left of working from home and then it's back into the office for the next 3-5 months.

Today is a strength training day but since I wanted a better calorie burn I decided to add a little cardio. I started off with the Insanity warm up and boy did I forget how intense that can be. Once that was done I completed the Push Circuit 2 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and I'm happy to announce that I was able to increase my weights on most of the exercises. Push Circuit is mainly shoulders and legs and for some shoulder exercises I lifted 10 lbs and for others I lifted 15 lbs and I definitely feel the burn. I could not make it to 8 reps but definitely rocked out 6 so I reached failure. On the leg exercises I was able to increase my weights from 15 lbs to 20 lbs. I'm happy with today's workout and the progress i'm making.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'm back to my old self and my old routine today.......line dance in the morning.......my walking partner is back from her three week trip to Australia and New Zealand and the weather here was beautiful so we had a fabulous walk for almost two hours.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Getting back to myself and it is feeling great!! Went for a great walk yesterday!! Pretty soon we will be running again can't wait!! My training partner has a little bit of an injured leg so we are taking things slow on top of me being a bit under the weather. 2 to 7 inches of snow are expected to fall today...that will be fun to walk in tonight..:happy: I am just happy to get a good walk in! Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afteroon all. I really don't know why I'm posting so late considering I've been up since 8 am and the workout's been completed since around noon. Anyway, today I completed Burn Intervals and instead of Ab Burner I did Fast Abs from the Kettleworx series. All the ab exercises are performed while holding a kettlebell. I was able to burn over 550 calories in 65 minutes so I'm happy w/today's effort.

I will say that my shoulders are extremely sore from yesterdays increase in shoulder weights and today's Burn intervals. It's a good sore so I'm not going to complain too much.

Barbie & Babygurl: Glad you ladies are feeling more like yourselves and still getting in that workout. Great job!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this group existed! I'm 5'0" so I think I qualify as "fun sized" :) So how do join? and are there challenges going on or anything?
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome to our new comers,

Dad is home from the hospital and I hope things will settle down over the next week or so. I will try to get back on track tomorrow. I did not do too back calorie wise, but I have not exercised in over a week.

Barbie - Glad your procedure went well.

Choco - If you lived closer, I'd have you come skiing with us. It would be fun.

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good. My new goal is to not get congestive heart failure when I am older.

JAM
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    So Ive totally been off of my healthy lifestyle change for 2 days. I guess I just needed a break. Hoping to get back to exercise in the AM. I have moved my alarm clock ACROSS the room so I don't hit snooze!! It's cold here and so easy to just go back to sleep!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: JAM, I am with you with the goal of not having big time health problems when I am older.......everything we do today is part of the road to that goal........i read an article in Oprah's magazine while waiting for an appointment yesterday and the big hype on the cover was the one thing that would help you lose weight and improve your health and (as we could have predicted) the whole article was about exercise......not how to exercise as much as how to get yourself motivated to exercise because there are so many people with a million reasons why they can't exercise.......we are at least way ahead of those people :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: daybyday......I hope you got up today and got back to your exercise routine :bigsmile:

:drinker: Claudia, welcome.........we're glad you joined us.....we don't have challenges because we're such a diverse group and doing so many things, instead we try to log on every day and share what we've been doing in our personal fitness program and share successes and bumps in the road

:bigsmile: Choco, I'm glad your new weights are working well for you....soon they will feel easy and familiar and your shoulders won't ache anymore

:bigsmile: babygurl, glad you are feeling better

:bigsmile: I had meetings and appointments yesterday but still got to line dance class, a 30 minute walk at the dog park, some time on the exercise bike, and some serious walking up and down the hall while taking care of phone calls.:bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY! No real plans this weekend other than to get the errands taken care of. I may head to the redbox today to pick up a movie or two otherwise, it will be very low key.

Today I began my workout by completing the Insanity warm up, then easily moved right into Push Circuit 3. I don't really have a favorite workout but I'm starting to lean more towards Push Circuit 3. I think I am favoring this workout because it's were I feel the strongest. I lifted 20 lbs for every exercise but felt I could still go heavier when completing the Sumo Squat, Bowler Lunge and Single Leg Suma Squat. Since I will not be purchasing heavier weights right away I tried to exaggerate the movement like Chalean says in order to create more resistance. I will say I did reach failure at 6 reps for the Chest Fly, Double Arm Bent Over Row and Bench Press so there's no need to increase weights in that area. I concluded the workout w/a 10 minute stretch w/Stretch 10 from the Turbo Fire program. I burnt over 550 calories in 60 minutes and I feel awesome.

Since I felt great and was STARVING I made some homemade french toast (whole wheat bread, egg beaters and a tad bit of fat free milk w/cinnamon), turkey sausage and a boiled egg.

What a great way to end the work week and begin the weekend.

Jam: I wish I lived closer b/c I would love to experience skiing at least once. I know you said I need to go at least twice to really determine if I like it but I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the snow or cold. I just want to go so I can say "I tried it" and take pictures.

Barbie: You were definitely on the move yesterday, great job.

Claudia: Let me know what kind of challenges you might be interested in. I participate in about 8-10 different threads and some of them are challenges. While you'll get great support from our Fit and Fun sized ppl here the challenges can keep you motivated.
  • jam0525
    Options
    So Ive totally been off of my healthy lifestyle change for 2 days. I guess I just needed a break. Hoping to get back to exercise in the AM. I have moved my alarm clock ACROSS the room so I don't hit snooze!! It's cold here and so easy to just go back to sleep!!

DaybyDay - lol I do this already. It really does help. I keep my alarm clock 3 steps from the bed and have done so for years now. Any closer and I manage to reach it without waking. Good luck!

Choco - I'm like you this weekend. No big plans, just catching up on things.

I may have to leave the clinic I work late at on Wednesdays as I can't work late any more with Dad the way he is. I am going to try to work remotely, but if that doesn't work, I will have to stop going over there. It's 100$ a month, but it is also 1.5 hours in the car and I just don't have that kind of time any more.

Since Dad went into the hospital I have eaten between 1300-1450 calories a day. Not bad, but over what I need for loosing weight and I have not exercised once. So, tomorrow I am hitting the bike for sure. Maybe tonight if I get lucky.

Claudia - Welcome! I've tried challenges here and there with mixed results. Sometimes they are fun but some times they are depressing. As it seems like life gets in the way too much. I have just tried to make small changes and then be consistent in them.

Happy Friday!

JAM
  • Claudia007
    Options
    thanks for letting me join! I've been quite frustrated wtih my weight loss lately. I've been doing pretty well, with aproximately a 4lb loss per month- except this month! I can't seem to lose more than half a pound a week and I'm getting pretty frustrated! I'm only 1lb away from meeting my first goal, yet I can't seem to get there! GAH! so VERY frustrating and annoying :|
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all. It's going to be a lazy Saturday for me now that the workout and the house cleaning has been completed. I wanted to post before I started watching the movie "Salt" w/Angelina Jolie. I heard pretty good reviews about it while it was in the theater so decided to check it out.

Today I completed the Fat Blaster dvd that came as a bonus w/the Chalean Extreme program. I burned 275 calories in 30 minutes. I may add a hula hoop workout later but will make a definitive decision as the day progresses.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    exercise goals:

saturday jan 22: walk @ least 5000 steps
    -drink @ least 64 oz h20

sunday jan 23: walk @ least 5000 steps
    -drink @ least 64 oz h20

monday jan 24: walk @ least 5000 steps
    -drink @ least 64 oz h20
    -george foreman walk n box

tuesday jan 25: walk @ least 5000 steps
    -drink @ least 64 oz h20
    -jillian michaels 30 day shred level 1

wednesday jan 26: walk @ least 5000 steps
    -drink @ least 64 oz h20
    -george foreman walk n box

thursday, jan 27:
    -walk @ least 5000 steps
    -drink @ least 64 oz h20
    -jillian michaels 30 day shred level 1

friday, jan 28:
    -walk @ least 5000 steps
    -drink @ least 64 oz h20
    -jillian michaels cardio kickbox
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello all,

Kissy - what do you think of the Foreman routine you do?

Choco - That is a great burn for 30 minutes.

Claudia - It is easy to get frustrated. We all do. Just take it one day at a time and good things will happen for you.

I bounced up 5 pounds since last week when Dad went into the hospital. I know I didn't eat enough food for it to be actual weight, so I am giving myself one week to get back to my ticker weight or I will adjust my ticker.

Heart disease sodium fact: Any packaged food that has over 500mg sodium per serving is considered to be high sodium. By packaged foods I mean prepared meals in any manner. It was highlighted in the book the doctor gave me about living with congestive heart failure. It sure changed my way of reading food labels.

Have a great day all,

Jeannie
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    the foreman walk n box is AMAZING :-) i love it...lol...i know the routines and they're pretty easy so i can just plug in my headphones and listen to music while doing the exercises
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :sad: :bigsmile: yesterday was a challenging day for exercise......I went to an all day sit down meeting at a location an hour and a half drive from home so I was sitting a lot........I had to have some important discussions at lunch time so I couldn't just get up and walk....and for whatever goofy reason, I ate more than I should have at lunch (the garlic bread got me:sad: but I avoided the cheesecake:bigsmile: )......I made up for it a bit with a sane breakfast and dinner and some time on the exercise bike and walking and jogging in the house...hubby took the dogs to the dog park while I was gone so I didn't even get to take that walk.

:flowerforyou: today is our Isagenix cleanse day so I'm taking it easy and doing the healthy cleanse to get my body on track for next week.....after the colonoscopy prep last week, this cleanse seems much easier.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. A quick post because I'm tired and want to chill out for the rest of the day. Since today is my designated "rest" day I decided to complete the commercial challenge in order to get in some type of exercise. I jumped rope during the commercials of the Packers vs. Bears football game. When it was all said and done I jumped rope at a moderate pace for 30 minutes and burned 275 calories in the process.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday and is prepared to bring it next week.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday all. Well it's official, this is my last week of working from home. My team and I report to begin our record review next Monday so getting organized will be crucial. I already have an idea of what Sunday's dinner will be and I'll have to iron my clothes for the week and prepare my lunch and snacks so I can be ready to go. I'll have to now get up at 5 am, have an hour to workout, shower and be out the door so I can dodge the morning traffic. As a result, I may not be able to post as often or respond as I normally do. I still plan to log my exercise, food and participate in the thread as much as possible but the work schedule can be hectic at times so just not sure how much time I'll have to log on.

Today I completed Push Circuit 1 and since I was still a little sore from the increase of weights in last week's workout I also completed the Recharge dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I'm still a little sore but the stretch did feel great. I did not hula hoop this weekend so i may incorporate a little in before the day is over.
  • Claudia007
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. A quick post because I'm tired and want to chill out for the rest of the day. Since today is my designated "rest" day I decided to complete the commercial challenge in order to get in some type of exercise. I jumped rope during the commercials of the Packers vs. Bears football game. When it was all said and done I jumped rope at a moderate pace for 30 minutes and burned 275 calories in the process.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday and is prepared to bring it next week.

Jumping rope during commercials I such a grea idea!!!!! I may just have to steal that one :)

I've been doing piloxing and love it! you take pitates + boxing = piloxing! I think I prefer kickboxing, but piloxing is just as good :) I hope everyone had a great weekend! Let's all have a great week!