Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ January 11

Options

Replies

• kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    no i haven't tried blueberry tea....i have not done ANY of the workout vids i've been wanting to do...HOWEVER...i've been getting @ least 5000 steps in everyday .......today i PROMISE & make a vow to myself...lol....that i WILL DO jillian michaels cardio kickbox today
  • ratchet999
    Options
    Hello everyone, this looks like a cool group! I was thinking that it might help me out to join one of these message boards, to help me lose weight. Is 5'4" too tall? :)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! I had to get up and at em early this morning because I had a very early hair appointment. I got up at 5 am and Rocked out the first part of today's workout. I completed the Burn It Off dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I was supposed to also do some ab work but did not have enough time this morning so will complete a little later after my errands have been completed.

Ratchet: Welcome and 5'4 is not too tall because I am also 5'4 and have been participating in this thread for about a year now.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: our wifi hasn't been working on my laptop for two days so I have had limited internet access.....today it is back and that makes me happy....:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Yesterday was our 22nd anniversary and hubby chose a fabulous restaurant with twinkling lights, a fire in the fireplace, romantic music, and yummy food.......I didn't even try to stay with my usual eating plan but exercised as usual and ate my usual healthy food all day and brought half my Parmesan crusted cod home to eat today.....the big change was that I ate the pumpernickel bread and the flourless chocolate cake for dessert and even had a bite of hubby's turtle cheesecake. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: As long as I don't use last night's splurge as a springboard to eat more bread and dessert, it will be fine
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Got a two mile run into today. It felt good to get out a run but I struggled a little due to beeing sick. I had to stop and walk a couple of times to catch my breath but was able complete it on 10 minute miles!! I'm pretty happy about that.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I keep having this snack reoccurring everyday on my food diary: Lindor truffles. I hope now that I ate the last one they will stop showing up on my dairy.

That sounds like me during the holidays. I think I bought a bag every other day! It's my weakness.

I am having such a chocolate kick...I'm "under my calories" from all this dancing but I seriously need to cut it out. Alas, my relationship with this beloved food will have to end :(
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Dad is in the hospital with the beginnings of congestive heart failure. I brought him to the emergency room yesterday before noon and they will probably keep him 4-5 days to get everything straightened out. I had left instructions for him to go to the doctor's last week because I had that feeling, but Mom refused to change her hair appointment and make him get a haircut instead. She always thinks "he's being lazy" and refused to co-operate with me or the home health care people. I just had another long talk with her that things have to change around here and Dad has to get the care he needs too. The doctors lecture me about his diet ( got 3 yesterday), but it is hard because I work and she still cooks. Her final word to me was since I don't like what she buys, I can just do the shopping for her from now on! That is OK by me as I have to go shopping for us anyway. When he comes home he will be on low sodium no processed foods diet. So he will be eating what I am supposed to be eating too.

Daybyday – Welcome back and good luck getting back on track. It gets easier every time you do it. We all have to regroup now and then.

Flipchick – One good day leads to another. You can do this.

Choco-Be sure to post a picture of your painting. That sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate. We go ski/boarding about 5 times a winter. Not as much as I’d like to, but as much as we can afford to. Just so you know, you will have to try skiing at least twice to know if you like it or not. The first day is mostly spent involuntarily sitting down a lot. Lol It’s not until you can get to go up and down the lifts that you find out if you really like it or not. Snowboarding is the same way. Until you can go more than 20 feet without falling, you won’t know if you will like it or not.

Welcome Tiger! This is a fun group. Glad you found us and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Ratchet- Welcome. I was going to make a joke about shrinking over the years as I use to be 5’3”, but decided not to. Yes, please join us.

Babygurl- I do hope you feel better soon.

Well, I must go now

Have a great day all,

Jeannie
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy Sunday! Hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far. Last night my friends and I headed to Sips n Strokes to celebrate my birthday and I had a BLAST. We bought three bottles of wine (although I only had one 8 oz glass), cheese and crackers and spinach dip/chips. The best part of last night was that I rocked a small tank top and small sweater and a pair of size 4 jeans......Yippee....Yippee. It appears I'm currently fluctuating between a size 4 and 6 jeans depending on style. The jeans I had on last night fit just the way I like them to so I was extremely happy. My current profile pic is the outfit I wore last night. I also got a funky new hairstyle to start this year and birthday off right and to match my new attitude.

I spent 5 1/2 hours in the hair salon yesterday (perm, cut, rinse, curl) and had to drop a friend off at the airport therefore I was unable to complete the second part of yesterday's workout (ab work) so I told myself I would do it today.

I got up super early this morning and rocked out the HIIT 15 dvd from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X from the P90X program. Once that was complete I got dressed and headed to the store for this week's groceries AND to purchase heavier weights. I am moving up from 15 lbs to 20 lbs. I probably can handle 25 lbs or 30 lbs for leg work but didn't have it in my budget to get 2 sets of weights.

After I finish posting I will participate in the comercial challenge again this week but instead of jumping rope I plan to hula hoop, Walmart didn't have a weighted hula hoop so I'm going to just use the old school one for the time being. I don't expect to get a high calorie burn but just want to stay moving.

Babygurl: Glad you're feeling well enough to at least give jogging a try. Something is better than nothing as long as you don't kill yourself in the process. You'll be back to yourself soon I hope.

Barbie: HAPPY 22ND ANNIVERSARY:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: You deserved a day to not worry about calories. You did a great job w/sticking to the normal routine until dinner so kudos to you.

Jam: Sorry to learn your dad is not doing well and that your mom is not really cooperating. I'm sure that can be a stressful process. I'm trying to convince a few of my friends that trying out skiing would be fun. They're really not going for it right now.
    I have added a picture to my profile page that shows the painting that was created last night. I have no artistic ability but am happy with the final product.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Choco

62387jbwjgxpn5b.gif

Your celebration sounds perfect and delicious
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    sw: 177
    cw: 177

here is my exercise schedule for this week:

MONDAY JANUARY 17:
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX
    -SELF WORKOUT

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 19
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

THURSDAY, JANUARY 20
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 3

FRIDAY, JANUARY 21
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

SATURDAY, JANUARY 22
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

SUNDAY, JANUARY 23
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JACKIE WARNER UPPER BODY
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 3

NUTRITIONAL GOALS THIS WEEK:
    -DRINK @ LEAST 64 OZ WATER/DAILY
    -NO FRENCH FRIES/MUSHROOM SWISS SNACK WRAP/BURGER
    -DO THE SPECIAL K CHALLENGE THIS WEEK
  • ratchet999
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! Its nice to see what other people are up to with their mission to lose weight and get in shape, and I could really use the motivation.

Does anyone else on here use the Wii Fit? I like it, and it feels like I get a workout, but with all the time it takes between working out, I'm not sure it is efficient. I usually just want to workout as fast as I can so I can get on with my day. 30 min of working out usually takes an hour with all its talking in between the workouts...
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy MLK Day! I'm dragging a little bit today because I've not been sleeping well but I did get up and rock out today's workout. Today I completed Push Circuit 1 from the Chalean Extreme program and hula hooped. I was able to increase my weights to 20 lbs for the bicep curls, all the squats and the overhead tricep extension. I know I coul lift heavier for the weights but was able to feel my legs shake a little bit with the one leg and heel squats so overall I'm happy w/my effort.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and today has gotten off to a good start.

Ratchet: Hope you find this group motivating. I don't have the Wii so can't offer any insight in that area.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I've only done Wii Fit twice at someone else's house and I thought it was fun.....it seemed perfect for someone who wasn't a big exercise fan......if you want a fast, heavy duty workout there are probably better choices.....we have Wii Sports and love it for entertainment.

:flowerforyou: today I'm doing the prep for my colonoscopy and can have only clear liquids so my day has been filled with chicken broth and apple juice
    I put it in my food diary and had to laugh at the sodium totals for the chicken broth and the carb totals for the apple juice......thanks to MFP I'm not having any trouble downing a ton of liquid.......the worst part starts in about 15 minutes......I don't think there's anything good you can say about it except that when I weigh myself tomorrow I'll like what the scale says. :laugh:

:flowerforyou: with such limited nourishment I don't feel much like exercising and being a bit nervous about the procedure, I've found walking up and down the hall is my exercise of choice for the day.....I should get at least 11,000 steps today which is my current goal

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Choco, you look fabulous in your new picture :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Barbie: Thank for the compliment and good luck w/your procedure. Are you giving a sedative or is the procedure completed while awake?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Barbie: Thank for the compliment and good luck w/your procedure. Are you giving a sedative or is the procedure completed while awake?

they are going to be knocking me out completely.....that was my choice :smile:
  • kizzy_muss
    Options
    MONDAY JANUARY 17:
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX (ACHIEVED)
    -SELF WORKOUT (NOT ACHIEVED)

my first day of FINALLY doing the cardio kickbox and for a 30 min workout i burned 105 calories...SWEATED LIKE CRAZY towards the end....UNFORTUNATELY though i didn't make it to the self workout...

TODAY after i go to sleep and wakeup this is what my day looks like:

TUESDAY, JANUARY 18
    -WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS
    -GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

BONUS: (IF I HAVE TIME)
    SELF WORKOUT
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Barbie good luck with your colonoscopy my mother had this done a while back and said it wasn't near as bad as she feared. The worst part was the prep...sorry.. that's always the fun part huh...once you get that out of the way it's just the nerves..:flowerforyou: ...hang in there..I wish you luck!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: yesteday I was so nervous about doing the colonoscopy prep correctly that I walked around the house a lot even though I didn't do any formal exercise and by the end of the day I had more than 13,000 steps on my pedometer:bigsmile: the prep wasn't as bad as it could have been thanks to my long time drinking of lots of water everyday.....thank you MFP:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: the nurse who got me set up this morning is an old friend so that was comforting and the procedure went well and they found no problems so I don't have to go back for ten years:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I had it done under anesthesia so they said I'll be a little dopey all afternoon and no driving or going for a walk for 24 hours but I can still do some walking around the house if I don't decide to spend the afternoon napping.

:flowerforyou: thank you all for your kind words and good wishes....I was nervous and it helped to have friends wishing me well
  • kmferguson
    kmferguson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined the site yesterday and stumbled across this group. I'm 5'1" and weigh 120 lbs. I have a dozen or so weddings to go to this year and would love to get down to my high school weight (100-105 lbs). Excited to get started and to fit in to some old jeans!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options

they are going to be knocking me out completely.....that was my choice :smile:

That would of been my choice too. Hope all goes well.