Vegetarian Mac & Cheese

Options

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I don't like hot dogs in mac and cheese. I don't like condiments either. I have been this way all my life. Are any of u suggesting I start on the condiments now?

No just suggesting you learn the basics of cooking. E The "recipes" you are posting are just horrible
    I suggest you look at the rules on this board.... Why so rude?

Not rude .. would be called honest. She's taking high sodium items adding them together, adding more salt to them. They are horrible health and taste wise.

Maybe you should get your white knight costume off and actually start helping
    And by helping I'm supposed to be a person like yourself?? No thanks.... How do you think she's feeling right now???
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Do you like my recipe? Vegetarian Salt N Vinegar Crisps:

Ingredients: 50g Walker's Salt N Vinegar Crisps (or whichever brand you prefer)
    Method:
    1- Walk to shop
    2 - Choose Salt N Vinegar Crisps (for this recipe they MUST be Salt N Vinegar flavour)
    3 - Check Date on Crisps to make sure they are fresh
    4 - Pay for the Crisps
    5 - Leave the shop
    6 - Open Crisp Packet
    7 - Enjoy!

Umm .. I tried this recipe and I couldn't get in the shop! You forgot to put in "open door" .. you should do this in between steps 1 and 2
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I thought only kids ate Kraft Mac & Cheese.

HOW DARE YOU

This.
    And i am convinced that pasta in the shape of cartoon characters does in fact taste better than regular macaroni. It is science.

Except that some of those shaped pastas take considerably more time to cook. Elbows? 7.5 minutes. Disney Cars Lightning McQueens? 12 minutes.

ANGTFT

Easy Mac, whether elbows or Spongebobs, all take 3:30 to nuke.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options

HOW DARE YOU

This.
    And i am convinced that pasta in the shape of cartoon characters does in fact taste better than regular macaroni. It is science.

Except that some of those shaped pastas take considerably more time to cook. Elbows? 7.5 minutes. Disney Cars Lightning McQueens? 12 minutes.

ANGTFT

I am in no way above eating slightly underdone spongebob noodles. They get 8 minutes and then they GTFoff the stove top.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

Method:
    1- Walk to shop
    2 - Choose Salt N Vinegar Crisps (for this recipe they MUST be Salt N Vinegar flavour)
    4 - Pay for the Crisps
    5 - Leave the shop
    6 - Open Crisp Packet
    7 - Enjoy!

Umm .. I tried this recipe and I couldn't get in the shop! You forgot to put in "open door" .. you should do this in between steps 1 and 2

Same thing happened to me.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

That is like taking a shot of mac and cheese. Not enough.
    It is the whole box or nothing.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I don't like hot dogs in mac and cheese. I don't like condiments either. I have been this way all my life. Are any of u suggesting I start on the condiments now?

No just suggesting you learn the basics of cooking. E The "recipes" you are posting are just horrible

Not rude .. would be called honest. She's taking high sodium items adding them together, adding more salt to them. They are horrible health and taste wise.

And by helping I'm supposed to be a person like yourself?? No thanks.... How do you think she's feeling right now???

Pretty sure she's trolling...

Or feeling very thirsty.
  • oldantired
    oldantired Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    is there a carnivore mac and cheese that i should be made aware of?

because i'd be all over that

By accident I discovered that leftover taco meat and chopped up corned beef mixed with mac and cheese is freakin' amazing!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

HOW DARE YOU

This.

ANGTFT

I am in no way above eating slightly underdone spongebob noodles. They get 8 minutes and then they GTFoff the stove top.

I had never considered taking the "no pasta gets more than eight minutes no matter what" approach.

Thank you for this valuable life hack.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

HOW DARE YOU

This.

ANGTFT

LOL. Look at you and your cute little big boy cup that you can eat all by yourself.

Meanwhile, back in the land of grown-ups, I'm going to need/want more than three bites of mac & cheese.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Method:
    1- Walk to shop
    4 - Pay for the Crisps
    5 - Leave the shop
    6 - Open Crisp Packet
    7 - Enjoy!

Same thing happened to me.

So you lot who are dissing my recipe are you saying I should just go around opening doors? Cos I don't wanna
  • The_Aly_Wei
    Options

HOW DARE YOU

This.

ANGTFT

LOL. Look at you and your cute little big boy cup that you can eat all by yourself.

Meanwhile, back in the land of grown-ups, I'm going to need/want more than three bites of mac & cheese.

Can. Not. Contain. Laughter.

I bet you wear pants when you eat your tiny cup of mac & cheese...don't you?

Amateur.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

I reject the premise that a sane and rational non-troll would post these "recipes" in a serious manner. Clear troll attempt. A little snarky/playful pushback is not rude - it is a rational and expected response.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Gross! So your recipes are basically crap you have thrown together?

Have you ever really cooked? Because even this homely concoction of yours could be made far more delicious by using elbow pasta, real cheese, and fresh peas. You know this right?

The folks on this website are looking for dishes that are healthy and easy. Not stuff they made in college because they were too poor to do better.
  • jmcnealy
    jmcnealy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i have to subscribe to this thread. made my day.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    That is so bad for you. KD is terrible for you! Adding peas doesnt really make it better

This is a ridiculous statement. And wrong. Nothing is 'terrible for you" if it's in a well-rounded diet.

That said, mac and cheese is already vegetarian, because, well, there's no meat in it. You can add peas if you like, but personally that sounds a little weird and gross, especially canned peas. Frozen or fresh only for me, please. I'd rather just have them on the side than mixed in. That's just me, though.

I originally almost put in cut green beans but I figured the peas would have made the dish stand out more.

Stand out? Ummm...wut?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    while I love love love me some package mac and cheese, this version is no more healthy than just eating it as is.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Bloated.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My mother also did hot dogs with mac & cheese pretty frequently. Though I don't recommend it unless you really need a mega dose of salt.

Back when I was pregnant with my first boy, I would add a chopped up tomato and cook it with the pasta. Now that was delicious!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I bet she would feel better if she drank some water... and maybe even ate a piece of fruit.
This discussion has been closed.