January Move your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Please add 4 more for me today (so far--maybe more later).
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    +4
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i have just started so i am taking it one mile at a time. =) any support would be appreciated, feel free to friend me.

exercise.png
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Walked 4 miles today.
  • KCmom
    KCmom Posts: 124
    Options
    Checking in today with a total of 7 miles (6.5 running plus .5 walking).

exercise.png
  • gehlerc
    Options
    Add another 2 for me today.
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    + 3 Biggest Loser Power Walk miles. I need pick up my pace this week... I thought 2 miles a day of walking- jogging --only-- would be a piece of cake when I set my goal.. its not time wise.

THANKS Dinos!!!! :drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Way to go everybody! First week down!!!!!
    I used the treadmill twice today, 3 miles this morning and 3 miles this evening!!! Had to walk off some See's Peanut Brittle!!
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Need to make a correction to my 1/9/11 total miles. I was scheduled to walk 4 miles, but only walked 2.5.

I'm beginning to realize that trying to put in miles on the treadmill at the end of the day is more exhausting for me than when I do it in the morning or afternoon. :noway:

So, again, total miles walked on the treadmill today 1/9/11 = 2.5miles

Here's to another day tomorrow :drinker:
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @ winterborn welcome to the challenge.
    @ nemrenu: It's a lot harder and more time-consuming to clock miles on foot. A distance that takes me 1 hour to ride on the bike, will take me roughly 2 hours to run it and 3 hours to walk it. An extra difficulty is that running doesn't allow for coasting :ohwell:

Total miles in the challenge 557.7 by 26 active people (27% of 2,035 miles targeted). :happy:

I went for a 6 mile hike on Sunday morning to Mt Parnitha, just outside Athens. This is at the start of the hike:

IMG_0045-1.jpg

On the way
    IMG_0040.jpg

The next picture is a little misleading. It's not as high as it seems with the low clouds, it's only about 4,800 ft high and I'm standing at the top looking SE. The mountain to the right is Penteli, where the Parthenon marbles came from. Further back is the Aegean Sea.

IMG_0031-1-1.jpg
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Great hike Dinos, thanks for sharing the photos!
  • gehlerc
    Options
    Thanks for sharing those photos from your hike, Dinos.

I've always wanted to travel to Greece. Perhaps as a group, those of us in the MYA Challenge who are from outside of Greece should plan a reward trip if we make 100% of our goal? Not realistic, but nice to fantasize about. Of course, don't know what your reward would be, Dinos! :smile: We'd all make you work taking us on beautiful hikes / runs / bike rides in the area.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    no miles sunday either as i was busting my a@@ at home cleaning up the downstairs from christmas still....putting away the kids new toys, weeding out old toys, rearranging the playroom/dining room to make it a better layout, laundry, making up 2 of the 3 beds clean....i pretty much did not sit down from 11-7....i was exhausted.....lunch time walk today and a walk after work is the plan to get some miles on the books for a great start to the week....
  • gehlerc
    Options
    +4 miles for me today.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    I know I just ran on Saturday, but JEEZ, it seems like forever since! I'll be going to the gym in about two hours to log some more miles though!

Great job everyone and THANKS for sharing those wonderful pics with us, Dinos!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 3 miles. Total miles 20 out of 50..leaving me wiht 30 miles left

Have a great day!!!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, A bit better today, walked for 5 miles and have just done a zumba class so feeling happy :happy:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    just did 2.91 mile walk for my lunch break....updated siggie
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I Moved My *kitten* 4 more miles today - (2 - beach walk and 2 - C25K) The run thing is getting better!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    @ winterborn welcome to the challenge.
    @ nemrenu: It's a lot harder and more time-consuming to clock miles on foot. A distance that takes me 1 hour to ride on the bike, will take me roughly 2 hours to run it and 3 hours to walk it. An extra difficulty is that running doesn't allow for coasting :ohwell:

Total miles in the challenge 557.7 by 26 active people (27% of 2,035 miles targeted). :happy:

I went for a 6 mile hike on Sunday morning to Mt Parnitha, just outside Athens. This is at the start of the hike:

IMG_0045-1.jpg

On the way
    IMG_0040.jpg

The next picture is a little misleading. It's not as high as it seems with the low clouds, it's only about 4,800 ft high and I'm standing at the top looking SE. The mountain to the right is Penteli, where the Parthenon marbles came from. Further back is the Aegean Sea.

IMG_0031-1-1.jpg

I'm just going to keep plugging at it....You too!! Beautiful pictures :smile: