Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can men and women maintain a platonic relationship?

Options

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Can be. Just hasn't ever happened in my case. One of closest friends was my FWB for a year. It was just so easy for both of us and comfortable. I realized that it was stopping me from seeing anyone else so i cut that part of our friendship out.
    With my gay male friends however, yes its the best thing ever! We aren't competing for the same guys and there's no sexual tension. Best of both worlds.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Not many guys replying to this thread I notice :laugh:
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Of course! We share the same interests and have the most fun together. Just like some of my close girl friends.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options

I didn't notice, but you're right! :laugh:
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options

haha
  • Chrissy_1516
    Chrissy_1516 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I say yes. One of my best friends is a guy and we have been friends since we were in primary. I feel like he is one of my brothers.
  • JT_Taylor99
    Options
    I think it can exist but with that being said....only as long as there wasn't a past romantic relationship involved. As for me staying over with female friends....the truth is if she is attractive I am going to want to sleep with her. If she is ugly we will best of friends.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course. A lot of my friends are men. How would that work? Would I just stop being friends with them whenever I'm in a relationship? :noway:

But that's not to say there aren't challenges. It would be more difficult if I was dating someone and then, all of a sudden, they had a new female BFF. That would make me :huh: But I recognize my insecurity here - I've been cheated on and I have my moments.
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think as long as there is no physical attraction. At least it seems easier to be "just friends" when neither party is attracted to the other.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    So just curious on what the general consensus is here. I strongly believe it can be done. I've done it on many occasions and feel a platonic relationship can exist between a man and woman.

Yes.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    MOST of my friends are females .. i don't get along with many men.. lol
    i goto visit their homes withe their husbands and families .. i go away on holidays with them all over the world .. i have never crossed the friends boundaries ..its just not worth losing the said friend just for the sake of it.
    I think many people now are more open to the fact that we can be friends without screwing with each other .. if someone has a problem with it then id be questioning them not myself.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

That's because the women think its platonic because they can handle platonic but the guys know they're just trying to gain the trust to get into their knickers first chance they get they will try their luck or slip up when they are drunk :tongue:

i still believe there are guys that are good at 'just friends'.. ive yet to know one if im honest.

tumblr_inline_nb8wmfgg6f1skhmow.gif

scorned much?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think as long as there is no physical attraction. At least it seems easier to be "just friends" when neither party is attracted to the other.

You're not attractive at all. *cough* Be my friend. :flowerforyou:
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    Didn't any of you see when Harry Met Sally! Smh.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

That's because the women think its platonic because they can handle platonic but the guys know they're just trying to gain the trust to get into their knickers first chance they get they will try their luck or slip up when they are drunk :tongue:

i still believe there are guys that are good at 'just friends'.. ive yet to know one if im honest.

tumblr_inline_nb8wmfgg6f1skhmow.gif

scorned much?

HAHA Noooooo not at all just wise to you guys :tongue:

Wow. Really? You think every guy who might be friendly to you is out to get you into bed? Even if they are happily in a relationship or gay?

And OP, yes. It is possible. I have a lot of platonic guy friends (yes, most are straight. In fact one of my besties is a straight male) and no, they aren't trying to butter me up to sleep with me.
  • stonjalm
    Options
    I think it's possible, but rare.
    I have a few friends who are men, but I've also experienced situations where 'platonic' didn't work out...
    It is nice to have a male friend to talk to...talking to women can be so exhausting. haha
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    If they find one another attractive or there's
    any kind of sexual chemistry, it's impractical
    to believe they can be friends in a platonic
    friendship.