You know you have wavy/curly hair when...

Options
LAT1963
LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
When hair-product instructions begin with " Take a dime size amount to start..." you laugh so hard you fall on your butt.

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Basically, lol!

When the forecast includes rain and a panic attack.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    When you buy hair product by the case...
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When someone suggests going to New Orleans for a weekend and you're like you mean me and my hair? Two tickets required.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    When your hair expands to 3x the size of a normal head of hair when it's humid
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    When you don't ever dare brush it dry, for fear of this happening:

Stop-Frizzy-Hair.jpg
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When your coworker says, "your hair is getting bigger" lol
  • americangirlok
    Options
    When you purchase two or three bottles of conditioner to every one bottle of shampoo.

Oh definitely this!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    When you consider taking a Bikram yoga class and one of your first thoughts is how your hair is going to look after 90 minutes in that humidity...
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    The people at the beauty supply know your name.
  • SarahRuthRuns
    SarahRuthRuns Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love this, this is hilarious. But since I've stumbled upon a place filled with curly haired women, can I ask, in all seriousness, how the heck you get it under control?!?! I'm a no fuss sort of person, and I have always just left the house with my hair still wet and it looked great when it dried. Now that I live in Florida (and it seems to be getting worse as I get older too), my hair is crazy poofy and frizzy and since I've never really done hair, I can't seem to figure it out!!

Go ahead, laugh at me. Then give me your best and easiest tips, please?!?
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When someone suggests going to New Orleans for a weekend and you're like you mean me and my hair? Two tickets required.
    Ha! Imagine living down here. I haven't worn my hair completely down all summer. For the first year at my job, a few people would comment how my hair looks different every day. I guess they're just used to it now.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It takes 50 minutes of an hour hair appointment to wash, brush, blow dry and flat iron your hair enough to actually cut it. This really happened to me. :blushing:
  • americangirlok
    Options
    I love this, this is hilarious. But since I've stumbled upon a place filled with curly haired women, can I ask, in all seriousness, how the heck you get it under control?!?! I'm a no fuss sort of person, and I have always just left the house with my hair still wet and it looked great when it dried. Now that I live in Florida (and it seems to be getting worse as I get older too), my hair is crazy poofy and frizzy and since I've never really done hair, I can't seem to figure it out!!

I'm like the laziest "getting ready in the morning" person maybe ever. What I've been doing lately is not washing it every day, but condition it and rinse that out. Then towel it dry and then I'm putting coconut oil on it, from middle to ends and then combing that through and letting it dry. It's not perfectly beautiful every day, but I've had more good hair days lately than at any other point in my life. But be careful to not use too much- b/c then you have stringy curly hair, not good. Like I probably use maybe about half a teaspoon?
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    When it rains the day of or after you go for a blow out at the salon

It takes more than an hour to "do" your hair (straight)

You show up to work in the morning with wet hair cause blow drying - even with that stupid little attachment- just creates frizz

You have stock in garnier frizz control products (especially the oil- love that stuff, and the spray on gel)

You own several curling irons, big ones, small ones, a couple straighteners, a blow dryer, several large round brushes, and several other products promising easy straightening and it still takes at least 2 hours (atleast for my hair) - my hair in my profile pic took the full 2 hours to make it that way
  • americangirlok
    Options
    Ha! Imagine living down here. I haven't worn my hair completely down all summer. For the first year at my job, a few people would comment how my hair looks different every day. I guess they're just used to it now.

The one time I went I had to cut the pony tail holder out of my hair to wash it the next morning. It was like that episode of Friends where Monica has to get the beach braids b/c of her hair totally poofing out lol.
  • blukitten
    Options

I'm like the laziest "getting ready in the morning" person maybe ever. What I've been doing lately is not washing it every day, but condition it and rinse that out. Then towel it dry and then I'm putting coconut oil on it, from middle to ends and then combing that through and letting it dry. It's not perfectly beautiful every day, but I've had more good hair days lately than at any other point in my life. But be careful to not use too much- b/c then you have stringy curly hair, not good. Like I probably use maybe about half a teaspoon?

I started using the garnier essential oil (I think that's what its called, its a mix of oils like morrocan and others, works great for moisture) and their spray on gel-- it doesn't way it down but controls frizz without it looking like it is stiff with gel

I always leave the house with it wet and when it dries it looks great!

I also don't wash it everyday, I rinse out the gel and put in conditioner so that it doesn't get dry anymore
  • blukitten
    Options
    When you don't ever dare brush it dry, for fear of this happening:

Stop-Frizzy-Hair.jpg

THIS^^^^ :laugh: totally me if I brush it dry
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I personally have a fantastic flat iron that uses infrared rather than heat to keep my hair healthy and shiny. I love it to death, but I'm new to styling my hair. Even though it only takes 30 minutes, it's still 30 minutes I would rather sleep in. Love doing it when I go out. I also think it will be easier when I start working with it. Cost a freaking fortune though ($250+).