You know you have wavy/curly hair when...

Options

Replies

• kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah- when you wonder for years why you can't grow your hair past shoulder length. then finally realize that the curls just camouflage the fact that your hair is mid-back length :laugh: I guess I always decide to finally get split ends cut off before the weight of my hair pulls out enough curl to make it look longer
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Please...don't get me started on THIS.
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When you can look at a picture of yourself with it straight and say, "It looks like I'm wearing a wig!"
  • kikisf
    kikisf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you have to check your luggage or stop off at a drugstore as soon as landing because 3 oz of conditioner isn't going to get you through even one wash.
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    Options
    My hair is SUPER wavy in the back, like basically curly, yet not in the front. Meaning the front has no volume or curl, just puff. What would you do with that?
  • Winchesterfied
    Winchesterfied Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When straight haired people complain about having frizz and you just look at them like, "girl please"
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    you have to check your luggage or stop off at a drugstore as soon as landing because 3 oz of conditioner isn't going to get you through even one wash.

Lol or your suitcase is heavy as hell because of all your full size hair stuff and irons!

Eta spelling
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options
    When straight haired people complain about having frizz and you just look at them like, "girl please"

Lol I can't even acknowledge those comments. Or if they say they wish they had curly hair...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When you can't ever go to bed with wet hair, or even slightly damp hair because it will be so scrunched up on the side of your head in the morning that even rewetting it won't make it even with the other side.

This is the one I relate to. I have wavy hair that mostly behaves, but my hair needs to be completely dry before going to bed. Although, if my hair was longer this may not be such an issue.
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    Options
    When your hair looks better if you don't comb or brush after a shower. I still think this is weird.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I call wavy hair "bendy".

Wavy haired peeps don't suffer as much so when they try to relate, NO. just no.

I was always jelly of the wavy haired girls. My daughter has wavy hair and I'm glad. No child should suffer the wraath of the coarse curl.... obvs if that's what you get ya live & ya learn :grumble:

Yeah, my hair is just wavy. I only related to the sleeping with wet hair situation. None of the rest. And actually my hair only just recently became more wavy, maybe because it's shorter than usual (I usually have it very long).
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

I call wavy hair "bendy".

My bottom hair and back hair is wavy, and the top front curly. If I flatiron it, it's wavy and has big curls by the next day.

Better to just work with the curl.
  • Winchesterfied
    Winchesterfied Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Lol I can't even acknowledge those comments. Or if they say they wish they had curly hair...

I hate that! If they knew the effort it takes to make curly hair look semi-decent then they'd take that comment right back.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    Options

I hate that! If they knew the effort it takes to make curly hair look semi-decent then they'd take that comment right back.

Lol then there's the peeps that feel sorry for you and your hair... someone told me they'd kill themselves if they had my hair! Harsh! Hearing that when you're a kid will scar you. Of course as a kid I didn't know what the heck to do with my mess lol!
  • Christineclendaniel
    Options
    And this one might be TMI, but funny.....

When a night of hot sex equals the entire next day trying to comb and condition out the rat nest of doom ball....ugh...why cant I look cute after sex :P
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    So in.
    When your stylist says that you have the thickest hair of anyone she's ever cut. Ever. Cut & blowout takes about 2 hrs.
    When you buy coconut oil for your hair, not to eat.
    When you spend hours reading naturally curly blogs.
    When you're always trying to find the perfect method/product/accesories for your hair!
    A couples weeks ago, I brushed my hair when it was dry just for fun...
    IMG_7687_zps6ab31c9e.jpg
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Use baby lotion or regular conditioner instead of hair products or gel. It keeps your hair nice and frizz free all day. If you miss a spot and it's a little frizzy, dampen your hands and run them over the spot and it's fixed.

I've got waist length curls (longer when it's straight) and that's what I do.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Options
    Use baby lotion or regular conditioner instead of hair products or gel. It keeps your hair nice and frizz free all day. If you miss a spot and it's a little frizzy, dampen your hands and run them over the spot and it's fixed.

I've got waist length curls (longer when it's straight) and that's what I do.

Agreed, I put conditioner (Pantene curly) on my hair and leave in....it looks good all day, until I sleep on it.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    since I've stumbled upon a place filled with curly haired women, can I ask, in all seriousness, how the heck you get it under control?!?!
    I use lots of conditioner (left in for as long as possible) & very little shampoo (used when I'm actually dirty or sweaty).
    Don't brush when dry, of course.

If you can find this book, read it for the "help my hair!" tips.
    http://www.amazon.com/Lorraine-Massey-Curly-Handbook-Revised/dp/B00HTK4KIC/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411619387&sr=1-4&keywords=curly+girl+handbook

Oh, and I usually braid it when wet, sometimes even in the shower.
    That's the best way I've found to keep it under control.
    Sometimes I wear hair sticks - twist it up into a bun, put in the sticks, & it stays.

hairsticks15.jpg
  • JayaNagarajan
    JayaNagarajan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    When you don't brush it if it's not wet or you'll end up with a rat's nest.

When you buy hair product at Costco.

When you go through conditioner about three times more than the average human.

When the first thing a doctor said about you when you were born was a comment on how much hair you have (that was literally the first thing the doctor said to my mom after I was born. "What a head of hair!")