AWESOME! You are a survivor!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looking fabulous
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This is such a beautiful story, and one very close to home. My best friend has suffered from PCOS her entire life as well. She's at the point, in her 30s, that she's completely given up on the idea of ever living a "normal" life and/or having a baby (which she wants more than anything else). I'm going to pass your story onto her to hopefully give her hope to believe she can decrease her symptoms that make her feel so insecure, lose weight, and maybe even get pregnant eventually. Thank you so much for being brave and sharing.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring and shows someone who simply did not give up no matter what. My daughter also has PCOS but struggles with hypoglycemia (of course caused by too much insulin released when she eats refined sugar) and struggled with bad acne in high school which is also a side effect of it. She however didn't have the weight issue thank goodness but ended up in the ER many times due to severe pain and the college she went to was always worried that she was having trouble with her appendix so they always had to rule that out. After being on the depo shot for about a year and struggling with those side effects she is now trying it without the shot and now has a lot of cysts in her breasts which they are telling her will go away eventually.

But you are one person who had the cards stacked against you and have shown that you can do it and get healthy with enough determination and positive support around you. Great job.:drinker:
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    OMG

This brings tears to my eyes. Im so glad everything worked out for you.

It was a long and hard road but you did it!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome. I have PCOS and for a long time I was told the same thing as you. Just put the fork down, stop eating, you're not exercising. But with a good doctor and the right prospects you can really do it!

You're just awesome. ^^.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You are so amazing and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story! Big hugs!:smooched:
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! :flowerforyou:
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow, just incredible. I'm in awe of how strong you are and have been throughout your journey, as a fellow PCOS sufferer you give me hope! Congratulations on your amazing lifestyle change.
  • shoppergirl98
    Options
    You are amazing that you can go through all that and still come out with a great, positive attitude! You look great! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss adventure!
  • Ginger_Poomkin
    Ginger_Poomkin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a story! <3
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing. You are an inspiration. xx
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You should be very proud of yourself for many reasons.

What comes to mind is because of your struggle and willingness to fight and experiment with trial and error, over and over...you have helped blaze a medical trail for others.

Your name will be part of history and your story shared again and again.

I thank and applaud you for being you!
  • Lauryn2888
    Lauryn2888 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! It can be done!
  • godot77
    Options
    Incredible! Congratulations!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration! I'm so happy for you. I praise the doctor that took the time to find out what was wrong. She is a hero. Congratulations!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!