Over 170lbs Gone WITH PCOS!

Options

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is amazing and you should be so freaking proud of what you did. It is awesome!!!!!!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and your recovery, and on your beautiful baby girl. :) So happy for you.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your post!! I, right now, am doing my own battle with PCOS and weight loss!! Your story is soooo inspiring!! I am still over 300 but it is coming off with watching my carbs and metformin,, I am so happy for you that you have overcome so much!! Congratulations!! From a PCOS Cyster!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.
    You are a VERY STRONG person !

I've known things about PCOS but not to this extent.

High five for being such a survivor! It was so 'not fair' to be given another punch after giving birth to your little girl. yet, you did what you had to do.

You Look Amazing.
    High Five
    Again, Thank you for sharing.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I had heard of PCOS but didn't really know what it was. I love your attitude about life.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I hear so many stories of women with this condition. I think I never fully understood what it meant. Thank you so much for sharing your story - you are incredible. You're a survivor, a fighter, and I love your spirit. Never give up! :)
  • docklanders
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic work. Truly inspirational.
  • the0th3rjen
    the0th3rjen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! I appreciate each and every comment, and am so thankful that I could help and inspire others! I'm glad that I was able to give hope, especially to those who are living with PCOS/those who have family members/friends with PCOS. I know how hard that road is. Don't ever give up! There are so many treatments out there for us, from natural to medicinal routes, we CAN do this! We CAN be healthy! Don't ever give up!

Many of you had commented about my doctor as well. I love her so much. Dr. Brenda Crowder was the woman who diagnosed me in 2003. She had been my doctor since 1996, but had never judged me for being overweight. She wasn't a doctor who ever said a word or told me to simply "lose weight". It was when I began to have complications that she started looking for a solution, other than just "lose weight". I'm thankful every day for her. The other doctor in the picture is Dr. Hinton. I am thankful every day for this man as well. He was the doctor who delivered Savannah, and was my OB/GYN throughout my pregnancy (Dr. Crowder no longer practices obstetrics). These are two of the most important people in my life.

10400731_54191482871_2734871_n.jpg?oh=1ddc2fdf64355c192f134f787a68733b&oe=54CA1433&__gda__=1417934618_1eebba47efaa7335033d33b17c709b9c

This was taken when Savannah was two weeks old when she was discharged from the hospital.
  • marthalgutierrez92
    Options
    Awesome, and inspiring!

I have no other words i'm so happy for you!
  • Shellbarr
    Shellbarr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you are awesome!! thank you so much for sharing your inspiring story!!!!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome you were finally able to connect with doctors who were truly ready to help you. My mom always says she hates going to the doctor for things - she gets insane hot flashes every single hour, 24 hours a day with her menopause and her doctor thinks she's just acting overly dramatic and crazy. Hang onto those docs!!! They are RARE!!
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your story! I'm so glad you found some docs willing to look beyond "just eat less and move more", and glad you got the help you needed!
  • Xena1987
    Xena1987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! I also have PCOS and am having trouble conceiving. next step is the Metformin but i have heard some not so great things about it. I remember a doctor of mine just told me i was too fat to have kids and go on a diet. Well I am on a diet now for my self and my health but have since got a new doctor!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, it gave me a whole new perspective on some of the obstacles that others have to overcome in their lifetimes.

You will be a fantastic role model for your daughter!
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I don't know what to say, but I just needed to post a comment on your story.... It was heartbreaking and awe-inspiring....

Wow I am so pleased that you're making progress, getting your life back and looking so beautiful.

Congratulations to you.

xXx
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful and inspirational! Congrats on all your hard work and your amazing attitude! :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Amazing and very inspirational. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and congrats on your amazing milestone and achievements.
  • NaRmI10
    NaRmI10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Story!
    Thank you for sharing.. :)
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :smile: That is an amazing story, you've been through a lot..thankfully you are better and going strong. I am also living with PCOS, I was diagnosed a year ago, but my case is a very mild case. The weight is what I am struggling to get off. it isn't easy and I have to really work at it.

Blessings to you. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!