Over 170lbs Gone WITH PCOS!

Options

Replies

• newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with PCOS, and only after getting on MFP did I understand how exactly this disease works. I'm happy you shared your trial by fire. It helps to see how someone can get through it and to know how difficult it is. I understand why you went on this journey and why you are stil going, but I wanted to tell you that you look beautiful in all your pictures.
  • aem91409
    aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Your amazing, and, not that I think you ever will, but don't ever forget it!
    There is nothing you won't get through!
  • manderthegreat
    manderthegreat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's great to hear. I suffer from PCOS too and losing weight right now is such a struggle. I work so hard and see little results. Looks like a trip to the Dr is in order and I want to make sure I am on all the meds I need! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Angiehanzen1013
    Angiehanzen1013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this; such a powerful journey!
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Your strength and determination are amazing! You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • sdort156
    sdort156 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't usually read these whole things, but I did with yours. You are amazing. Congratulations on everything!!
  • tugica
    tugica Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WOW!Congratulations!You are such a inspiration :D
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that they found something to help you! I also have PCOS, so does my mom. If I'm not hyper vigilant I gain weight like it's my job. I weighed 230lbs when I was 21 (I'm 5'9) and that's the most I can remember weighing that I paid attention to. When I was in HS I was very overweight and got diagnosed with hyperinsulinemia also then. I have been on birth control since I was 15 to control my PCOS, dysmennorhea, and endometriosis which I think is one of the only things that help me keep it under control.

You are an inspiration and you look beautiful! Although you look beautiful in every picture you posted, not just your most recent.
  • Plussizebritt
    Plussizebritt Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Amazing Story. You look great!!
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring post :flowerforyou:
  • godswill206
    Options
    Wow...it can be done!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    This is beautifully typed and was inspiring to read! Thank you for sharing your journey this far.
  • creativeace
    Options
    So happy for you!!!!
  • LovingMe0587
    LovingMe0587 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring because I have PCOS too and have found it difficult to lose weight. I have to say I love your optimism!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. It really is inspiring to me. I am so proud of you!!!
  • candidcamster
    candidcamster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A-MAZING! How much did I need to read see this right now, you lady are an inspiration! <3 Thank you so much for posting your story w/pictures, love it! BTW You look beautiful!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

You look a hell of a lot better at 220 than I did. You weigh 40 pounds more than I do an may look better than I do now!

Awesome!! :)
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are one tough lady. What a survival story. Congratulations!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    *APPLAUSE*

You are fantastic! Thank you for sharing your story. Speechless, here!
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Aw, congrats! <3
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    "I will die with this, but it's not going to kill me. I chose to fight, when I felt like lying on my couch and dying."

Wow, just wow. Thank you for sharing your story and giving us a sense of what it looks like to have an indomitable spirit. Amazing transformation both physically and mentally. You are an inspiration to us all! And btw, you look fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!