Food you never thought you'd like.... but do now?

Options

Replies

• SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes. They always reminded me of ear weax and the smell would make me gag! Now i love em!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and green beans, never would've even looked at them before!
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Salmon. Totally. I have recently fallen in love. For the longest time I thought it was terrible because it was too 'fishy.' Turns out, I just had bad salmon. :frown:
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Vegetables in general. I was okay with a few (green beans, broccoli, bell peppers), but I had a serious fear and loathing of almost everything else. Now I eat lots of veggies and I enjoy them. Even brussels sprouts!

However... I will never, EVER like beets. I've tried. They're yucky.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mmm pickled beets! My favourite!

I never thought I'd even want to try bok choy. But I did and it doesn't taste like anything! Which counts as me liking it lol. I used to hate broccoli because my grandma always made it steamed to death. I like it firm, and love it smothered in gravy or asian sauces.
  • cm985
    Options
    vegetables and fruits
  • lolly715
    Options
    I remember hearing about Elvis' peanut butter and banana sandwich years ago and thinking it was the grossest combo ever. Always been fine with bananas but can't stand peanuts, so never tried PB. I've only just started eating PB this year and yesterday tried some with banana as a pre-workout boost. So good!
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Most veggies and some fruits:
    Bananas (dad make me take a brown one for snack in 2nd grade)
    Mushrooms
    Sauerkraut
    Tomatoes when they're roasted or cooked on something
    Cabbage

Still can't do:
    fresh tomatoes, they make me absolutely gag
    Beets
    Corn, but I'm working on it

The only meat I've had, but refuse to eat is bear. Another traumatic food experience with my father.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, but only if they are sauteed in butter.
  • vegankalequeen
    Options
    Sweet potatoes! I used to think they were too sweet and gross. But I realized it was because I would have them at family gatherings where they would be mashed and made up with all kinds of sugar. But I now I just love a baked sweet potato with cinnamon and Natural peanut butter!!
  • Eserra0510
    Eserra0510 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would like things like quinoa and couscous, Whole wheat pasta, brown rice pasta etc but now I like them quite fine.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I've actually been craving (and eating) caprese salads lately...astonishing since I used to despise raw tomatoes. I've advanced to buying real buffalo mozzarella and using better olive oil just to set off the tomato flavor properly.
  • lenarashminraj
    lenarashminraj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    greens, asparagus, Hummus..... but now i love them..
  • SeattleRaven
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower or rutabagas. Or roasted parsnips. All pretty tasty done right.

I still hate lima beans and fava beans. Still hate raw onions and garlic.

And I love liver (pate/liverwurst and breaded fried chicken livers).
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I grew very fond of broccoli when I was dieting. When I told my mother, it was one of the most emotional reactions I've gotten from her in a while. Apparently I really hated broccoli growing up. Or I have a dysfunctional relationship with my mom.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Cherries. Growing up, I was never exposed to fresh cherries, only maraschino (which I still don't like).
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Lamb
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.

:love:
  • baubisson
    baubisson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Definitely spinach as well, I hated it as a kid until my tastebuds grew up a bit. There's an iranian dish called "ghormeh sabzi" that's basically a stew of lamb, kidney beans, dried lime, and turmeric, all in a base of boiled spinach, and I hated it throughout my life until very recently. Spinach is so damn good for you and it pairs well with a surprising amount of stuff, everything from cream cheese to jalapenos.