Brides on a Mission: Week 1

Options

Replies

• fireheada
    Options
    WOW AMAZING!!!! You are going to look beautiful! How did you post your pix in the body of the post? I tried but I have not been sucessful....... I love the idea of sharing our dresses what a great a motivator!!!
  • JayLee127
    Options
    Love the idea of posting our dresses, Kristen! OK - so mine won't come in until April when I will have my first fitting - which i am nervous about because it is so detailed and I plan (fingers crossed- with weights in my hands:laugh: ) to be 2 dress sizes smaller than i currently am. But I am going to trust that they know what they are doing and try not to freak out and worry about losing the weight i want to so that i can look the way i envision myself in my dress. Unfortunately, the Ysa Makino website won't let you copy and paste the photos of the dresses. :cry: Well, for anyone who is interested, it's Ysa Makino Style 2666_07 on page 3 of the Collections section of the website. Hopefully, I will have good looking shots of me in it in April when I am closer to my goal that I can share. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's though. And Kristen, yours is beautiful!:flowerforyou:
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of posting our dresses, Kristen! OK - so mine won't come in until April when I will have my first fitting - which i am nervous about because it is so detailed and I plan (fingers crossed- with weights in my hands:laugh: ) to be 2 dress sizes smaller than i currently am. But I am going to trust that they know what they are doing and try not to freak out and worry about losing the weight i want to so that i can look the way i envision myself in my dress. Unfortunately, the Ysa Makino website won't let you copy and paste the photos of the dresses. :cry: Well, for anyone who is interested, it's Ysa Makino Style 2666_07 on page 3 of the Collections section of the website. Hopefully, I will have good looking shots of me in it in April when I am closer to my goal that I can share. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's though. And Kristen, yours is beautiful!:flowerforyou:

I took a screenshot to post... this is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you in it!

Screenshot2011-01-07at41417PM.png
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    1. Name: (xcrewgal)
    2. Age: 28
    3. City: Seattle
    4. Occupation: Self-employed
    5. Wedding date: June 4
    6. Fiancés name: (fiance)
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 years next week!
    8. Heaviest weight: 139
    9. Goal weight and date: 125 (120 if I really kick butt), by April 1st (my first dress fitting!)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Jillian Michaels' circuit DVDs, running, yoga
    11. Favorite healthy food: almond butter, broccoli!

Brides on a Mission: week 1
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.5 pounds
    2. High of the week: Seeing the scale move, finally!
    3. Low of the week: A few afternoons took ALL my willpower. So hungry and really didn't want to exercise.
    4. Any big wedding news/updates: We found out my fiances' parents are giving us a honeymoon!!! So generous. We might do Hawaii!
    5. Type of wedding (i.e. destination, traditional, outdoor): Traditional (chapel and country club)
    6. How did he pop the big question: On the boat at sunset in summer. My "happy" place already! Made happier by that wonderful new memory
    7. Share a food tip: When you want to eat the fridge, reach for protein and a big glass of water. It'll fill you up fast and you'll eat fewer calories
    8. Share an exercise tip: Aim low. Really! For those days I really don't want to work out, I tell myself to just "start" the fitness DVD or run 1 mile (instead of my usual 3). Just.do.something!! It usually turns into a better workout once you get started.
    9. What do you want out of this group: Support, and to keep me on track!
  • kgs0201
    Options
    WOW AMAZING!!!! You are going to look beautiful! How did you post your pix in the body of the post? I tried but I have not been sucessful....... I love the idea of sharing our dresses what a great a motivator!!!

Thanks! I'm actually a two dress bride (blushes)... I bought one from David's Bridal that was very simple and it was on my first trip out and then I found it out it was the same dress my cousin's wife wore at her wedding a year earlier! So it no longer felt like MY dress and my mom and I went out just the two of us to a cute boutique and found this one!

How to post images... upload them to Photobucket.com (its free to create an account) and then once there in there, go to the album and select the picture. Under "share" or something like that you'll find a link that starts and ends with IMG. Paste that into your forum post but change the IMG to lowercase "img" and voila!
  • JayLee127
    Options

I took a screenshot to post... this is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see pictures of you in it!

Screenshot2011-01-07at41417PM.png
    OMG! That's it! Love, love, love this dress. It made me so happy to see it here! Thanks, Kristen. :bigsmile: So off to the gym to get rid of my granmother's arms (love you Nani!:wink: ) Stay on track this weekend ladies and keep up with the wedding stuff - it's keeping me motivated!:bigsmile:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    This dress is hand-crafted out of eco-friendly charmeuse. Hemp and silk combine in this fabric to give a lovely sheen and wonderful drape. Hemp grown without the use of pesticides or chemical fertilizers blended with wild peace silk (cocoons are harvested only after the moths have emerged). 60% hemp, 40% silk. Fully lined in 100% silk.

oliviaftt.jpg

oliviabt.jpg

I'm a little aprehensive because it's coming from the states (I live in Canada) and it might cost me an arm and a leg to get it altered...but I love the whole concept of this wedding dress...except I'm going to add a thick halter style top to it so my boobs don't fall out:blushing:
  • fireheada
    Options
    Who makes the dress? I love the style
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    lol which dress are you taking about? mine is from Threadbare Creations...she's got a website...with tons of different dresses...and FYI Mine is $500 US...I'm not cheap lol I'm thrify! I can't justify spending thousands of dollars on a dress when my wedding is eco friendly and very low key...my fiance and his groomsmen are wearing 3/4 length pants and white cotton shirts
  • fireheada
    Options
    Wow that is awsome! Just amazing
  • kgs0201
    Options
    Who makes the dress? I love the style

Mine is Cosmobella. It was a $1000 but worth every penny!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I love both peoples dresses! I haven't done too much dress looking yet. I know I want either a V neck (Kristen I love yours!!! That is also what I am looking for!) or a sweathart neck. I am a little top heavy and do not want to be to "in your face" with the girls. My fiance really likes the sweathart but that probably because the girls are looking right at him...lol.

I can't take a screen shot (I am not that good on computers lol) so here is the website with a dress that I really like so far. http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=2119
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1. Name: (xcrewgal)
    2. Age: 28
    3. City: Seattle
    4. Occupation: Self-employed
    5. Wedding date: June 4
    6. Fiancés name: (fiance)
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 years next week!
    8. Heaviest weight: 139
    9. Goal weight and date: 125 (120 if I really kick butt), by April 1st (my first dress fitting!)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Jillian Michaels' circuit DVDs, running, yoga
    11. Favorite healthy food: almond butter, broccoli!

Brides on a Mission: week 1
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.5 pounds
    2. High of the week: Seeing the scale move, finally!
    3. Low of the week: A few afternoons took ALL my willpower. So hungry and really didn't want to exercise.
    4. Any big wedding news/updates: We found out my fiances' parents are giving us a honeymoon!!! So generous. We might do Hawaii!
    5. Type of wedding (i.e. destination, traditional, outdoor): Traditional (chapel and country club)
    6. How did he pop the big question: On the boat at sunset in summer. My "happy" place already! Made happier by that wonderful new memory
    7. Share a food tip: When you want to eat the fridge, reach for protein and a big glass of water. It'll fill you up fast and you'll eat fewer calories
    8. Share an exercise tip: Aim low. Really! For those days I really don't want to work out, I tell myself to just "start" the fitness DVD or run 1 mile (instead of my usual 3). Just.do.something!! It usually turns into a better workout once you get started.
    9. What do you want out of this group: Support, and to keep me on track!

Awesome news about the honeymoon! That is so nice of them!
  • fireheada
    Options
    I posted mine in my picture section
  • mrsmacg2b
    Options
    Just a quickie - do we post our first weeks weight loss in this thread or add it at the start of week 2?
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Just a quickie - do we post our first weeks weight loss in this thread or add it at the start of week 2?

Add it to the start of week 2 thread: Brides on a mission: week 2
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Is there a Brides on a Mission: Week 2 thread yet? I couldn't find it when I did a search. If so, please post the link to it for us, that way we know to shift our conversation over there.....

Everyone's wedding dresses look lovely. Did you find the dress shopping process tedious or did you just know when it was "the one?"*curious* I LOVE the SAY YES TO THE DRESS, show too. Netflix has the first four/five seasons, so I can pull them up and watch them whenever I want (usually when my fiance isn't around, they make him bored!*LOL*).

I have just over five months to go and I just can't wait.:-) Here is a picture of me in my dress when I tried it on at the end of November. I'm hoping to have it taken in, when all is said and done.:-D I bought the dress and veil off of ebay for $250. The necklace and earings are made from one of my great-grandma's pearl necklaces, I just reworked them to include more modern pendants. When I saw it, originally, on David's Bridal's website, nothing else I saw seemed to compare. I didn 't need to try it on to know that it was the dress for me. I just KNEW!

Fitting003.jpg

Fitting005.jpg

I'm working on finding makeup, hair, and nails for my girls this week. It's tough because I live in rural, Central Pennsylvania. Most places that offer all three are in major cities, which is more than an hour away! Keep your fingers crossed for me that something works out soon.

Shannon
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Is there a Brides on a Mission: Week 2 thread yet? I couldn't find it when I did a search. If so, please post the link to it for us, that way we know to shift our conversation over there.....

Everyone's wedding dresses look lovely. Did you find the dress shopping process tedious or did you just know when it was "the one?"*curious* I LOVE the SAY YES TO THE DRESS, show too. Netflix has the first four/five seasons, so I can pull them up and watch them whenever I want (usually when my fiance isn't around, they make him bored!*LOL*).

I have just over five months to go and I just can't wait.:-) Here is a picture of me in my dress when I tried it on at the end of November. I'm hoping to have it taken in, when all is said and done.:-D I bought the dress and veil off of ebay for $250. The necklace and earings are made from one of my great-grandma's pearl necklaces, I just reworked them to include more modern pendants. When I saw it, originally, on David's Bridal's website, nothing else I saw seemed to compare. I didn 't need to try it on to know that it was the dress for me. I just KNEW!

Fitting003.jpg

Fitting005.jpg

I'm working on finding makeup, hair, and nails for my girls this week. It's tough because I live in rural, Central Pennsylvania. Most places that offer all three are in major cities, which is more than an hour away! Keep your fingers crossed for me that something works out soon.

Shannon

your dress is really pretty!! I haven't even started looking at dresses yet, I am hoping to do that this summer, when i have lost at least some of the weight that I want to lose before the wedding, but I am also not getting married until the end of june 2012. I wanted to let you know that for my sisters wedding we did nails and stuff before the rehersal dinner, and then the day of the wedding we found a place that did makeup and hair. I find that with nails since it takes so long its better to do it earlier... best of luck :)
  • kgs0201
    Options
    I posted mine in my picture section

gorgeous! i love the train!!
  • kgs0201
    Options
    I love both peoples dresses! I haven't done too much dress looking yet. I know I want either a V neck (Kristen I love yours!!! That is also what I am looking for!) or a sweathart neck. I am a little top heavy and do not want to be to "in your face" with the girls. My fiance really likes the sweathart but that probably because the girls are looking right at him...lol.

I can't take a screen shot (I am not that good on computers lol) so here is the website with a dress that I really like so far. http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=2119

oh i love the alfred angelo one! That's a gorgeous sweetheart and it has pockets!!!