3 years of dedication and 315 pounds lost.

Options

Replies

• larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Such a fabulous and inspirational journey. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
  • babsadoodle
    Options
    Congratulations! I really like your well-balanced approach to cravings. It makes sense ... no guilt ... but healthy moderation! Glad you shared your story!
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    wonderful! very inspiring!

I appreciate what you said about exercise, I'm going to make the effort to do more.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your hard work :D
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • PhatGirl8924
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!
  • AprulCuster
    AprulCuster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stogie40 wrote: »
    I didn’t want to post in the success area until I reached my goal, but today officially marks my 3 year anniversary of my new lifestyle, and my daughter said it will help inspire others. This time 3 years ago I was leaving the hospital with the determination to get healthy and be a bigger part of my daughters’ lives. For too long my health made me an empty seat. It has been a long, hard, and lonely road, but I can honestly say, I never looked back and never faltered. I wanted to get healthier more than anything, because that meant being there for my family as much as possible. I read and researched as much as I could about eating healthy. In my case, diet was the only way I could loose weight and get healthy, because working out was not an option due to a serious issue with one of my legs. To everyone reading this, know that a clean diet is the key to being healthy. Every pound I lost was from diet alone. I’m not saying this is an easy lifestyle, I’m saying it’s the best lifestyle IMO. There are plenty of people that say, they can eat this and that everyday and still loose weight, but yet are they getting healthier? Just because you loose weight doesn’t make you healthy. I understand stopping the crappy food isn’t easy, we are going against a lifetime of eating a certain way. In many cases, food is our addiction. With our addiction, we can’t just quit it, we have to smell it, touch it, taste it, and consume it everyday, just to survive. I’m not saying give everything you want up. I have cravings bad, but I get over them by having a few bites. Like when my daughters get French Fries, I’ll steal 5 or so from them, or I’ll grab a few Pringles, just enough to take the edge off. If I don’t, I find myself fixated on my latest craving. I’ll stare at it, and loose myself in the though of eating it, much like a dog begging. I also allow myself to splurge on holidays, one meal of calorie and carb overload won’t make you fat, just like one salad won’t help you get healthy. Just remember this is to get healthy not a punishment. Moderation really is the key. When I left that hospital 3 years ago, I had a handful of prescriptions that I had to take 3 times a day. It took 2 1/2 years, but I am off all my meds, and I owe it to a clean diet. I eat lean proteins, healthy fats, lots of raw veggies, half my body weigh in ounces of water almost everyday, and I keep my carbs low. Not Atkins low, but lower. Carbs are great for long distant runners, but not my big ol butt. It takes longer for carbs to break down, so it takes longer for our body to go into Ketosis. Trust me, it is so worth every sacrifice you make to get healthy. It may be 80% diet, and 20% exercise, but it’s 100% mental. I would wish you all good luck in your journey, but luck has nothing to do with it. You need strength, and with that, stay strong and never give up.

b3dda71b-f9ae-4cc2-9466-3962f63218ba_zps04bee592.jpg

• AprulCuster
    AprulCuster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Un-freakin-believable! You amaze me,,, strength is not a big enough word to describe what it took, you are beyond willpower! I applaud you for loving yourself enough to fight that hard :) next time I feel to tired to workout or wanna give in to unhealthy lifestyle I van promise myself to think of you ,,and push thru!
  • tasious89
    tasious89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    congratulations on making it this far. you are a true inspiration and this is proof it can be done. dedication, will power, change! thanks for sharing x
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Good on you. Hard to even comprehend the effort you put into your transformation. You look wonderful.
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspirational to me on so many levels. Congratulations on your success!
  • debzombotti
    Options
    I am so proud of u. I also am on a journey 25 pounds down and still trying hard. I still have about 100 more pounds to loose such a long journey. You have inspired me to take it one step at a time!
  • ugogirl5050
    Options
    INSPIRATION TO ME. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!
  • sweetbamaTLC
    sweetbamaTLC Posts: 170 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Incredible. Congratulations!!!!
  • CherylynBen
    CherylynBen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Your story is incredible and you should be so proud!! Congratulations and I'm glad you brought up the point that you should look to eat healthy, not just lose weight. That's my mission. Though I am physically capable of exercising and I do, it became a mission of health before pounds for me, this time. I think that's why I am succeeding so far. 1 pound away from 60 pounds lost. Quite a way for me to go still, but I think I'm succeeding at the rate I am because I'm eating so clean and I feel wonderful and I actually want to exercise and I have energy, because of the food I'm putting into my body. Good for you to not go the surgery route. I've contemplated it and I've seen it work, but I'm just too scared and I want to believe I have the power to change me without surgery. Thanks for sharing your story and, again, congratulations!!!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    AH-MAZING!

Congratulations to you and your new mindset and lifestyle. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult that journey has been. Incredible!
    You look fantastic!
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I smiled so big when I saw your pictures. You amaze me.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    amazing just amazing. You are an inspiration and will be to others who are a similar size. If you can do it so can others :)
  • renfen
    renfen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are my hero.
  • danieleast1987
    Options
    That's amazing! Good on you doing this for your daughters. One question, did u ever lose ur way during this amazing transformation and if so how did u get back into the correct mindset? I always find that when I lose my way or have a cheat meal I then unfortunately give up altogether. Any advice from your experience? Well done again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!