WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2014

Options

Replies

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I really don't like change! I want the old system back!!! And there aren't enough emoticons.

Yesterday was miserable without MFP.

I got new orthotics for my shoes yesterday and they made matters worse, not better. It seems like the arch support is too far back on the right foot so it made my feet hurt plus my back. The shoes are only about 3 weeks old. I got them trying to cure the back pain, but no luck. I tried working on my posture and holding my massive floppy abs in while walking. I do tend to look down when I walk because I'm afraid of tripping. So, I will try again.

We went to a jazz concert on campus last night and it was really good. I made orange chicken and rice for dinner. Hubby liked it, after he added his salt. There is enough left to take for lunch today.

I am trying to attach a photo. I clicked on the icon that looks like a page with the corner folded down. It let me choose a photo from my ipad. It really was easy, but if haven't seen if it works yet.

an3n2fwywt14.jpg

So long ladies! Have a great day!

Sylvia

The photo worked! And edit worked, too.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I told my husband I was in withdrawal yesterday not being able to see all of your posts!! It will take me a while to get used to this new format ... and I'm not keen on change ... so I'll rail against it for a while!!

Truly MFP could use more instructions.

Joyce ... I read that you will no longer be able to have your ticker on your posts. Maybe in a later update? When you go to post there's a task bar at the top ... the folded paper icon allows you to add a photo/file?

I DID get my autumn display up on the house! The problem with your suggestions was that they were logical and contained common sense!! I rarely work that way! :D

Oh, I do not like how my little picture is all skewed out of shape ... not good at all! Will be changing that soon.

Have a great day ladies!
    Beth in Western New York
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    nice picture Sylvia~ lovely to put a face to a name,,, your beautiful :D
    Kimnteri friend me, and I will accept
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    9qnul8eyv7yw.jpg
    Not sure this is working as 1 st reply froze my iPad.....The faces are not needed....already have tons of them to choose from on iPad.

Beth,we had 2-3 Apple trees,lots of grapes,asparagus,rhubarb etc.Most ppl would ask if they were picked or say they would take some.Didn't happen.Only one neighbor took whatever she wanted.Guess free didn't matter.

Only what is above posted
    had a long letter,but it is missing 2/3 reds of my post ??
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Testing...........hmmm, this will take some gettin' used to. I missed you all yesterday. Well, let's see if this "takes".
  • mollywhippet
    Options
    I didn't get to post this yesterday, so here it is today.

Oct. 7 totals:

Steps, 10,259
    Distance: 4.28 miles.

And yesterday's joke of the day:

:)

Little Johnny was at football practice one day and the coach said

"Who here thinks they can jump higher than the goal posts"

Immediately little Johnny said, "Ooh me sir me"

The coach then said, "But Johnny you are the worst in the team!"

Then Johnny said, "I know, but goalposts can’t jump!"

:D
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Well this is different for sure, been gone with family problems just trying to keep up.
    hopfully will be able to find you all again, take care lovely ladies

juanita in sudbury
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I missed all you beautiful ladies yesterday, I don't post every day but I do read! I don't like this new format at all :\ . Had a hard time finding is thread too :'( Hopefully things will get easier.

Have a wonderful day ladies!

Hugs,
    Dee
    Dee
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'm here!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    There is a lot to learn about this new format and I'm not sure I am in a learning mood this morning :pq60v7q6pcdi3.jpg

There's a sort of rectangle on the toolbar that will allow you to select a photo from your own collection on your computer......Yippee <3
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Well, this is definitely different. Won't we have such fun trying to figure it out! :p I tried to post a pic from my PC but so far, no luck with that.

Michele, I don't see any little bubbles! LOL!

Have a good Weds all, I woke up early to see the blood moon, no luck with that, either.

jb in Portland
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Wanted to post a pic of the grandchildren, but it's still coming out upside down. :'(
    I've booked my passport photo, contacted DS about going up to London and I've booked the Brighton hotel for my friends. Hooray! ! ! ! I always feel it's such a responsibility, booking for other people, but I am confident that Blanch Hotel will be a good choice as it's No 1 on Trip Advisor. :D
    Gradually getting a grip on this website, but miss the moving emoticons.
    Heather x
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,067 Member
    Options
    jb you might need to resize your pictures. I had that problem when I wanted to add pictures to my profile page. My new camera had too many mega pixels.
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Heather when you post you will notice a small circle with a scalloped edge with a white center in the upper right hand corner of your post.. Just reread your post. Yes it does look like a cog wheel. When you click on that it will say edit. Click on edit (it will turn blue) and it will give you one hour to make changes. It is a three step process. You also need to hit save post when you are done. I practiced on this post and lost an edit because I did not save post. If you click on it again it will tell you how much rime you have to make changes. After an hour you no longer can edit that post. Glad you figured it out. I am still saving this post for practice and hopefully it will help someone else with this new format. I too think I will like the picture addition. Thanks for the tip to find coffee drinker. I thought he was lost in the change. :drinker:

Heather when you click on the picture of your darling granddaughter the picture turns. :smiley:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    fss8ghcxpw8o.jpg

Well, my gorgeous granddaughter is sideways, but that's better than upside down! She's in one of the outfits I bought her for her birthday.♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
    We might be going to see them on DH'S birthday on the 17th. :D

Heather in autumnal Hampshire UK
  • Dragonflize
    Dragonflize Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi ,,,,,Trying this again,,,,:) Seems like a great place to start a new day right here ! :):)
  • mollywhippet
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I found a list of tips and tricks for the new forum under "getting started"
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10000070/new-forum-tips-tricks#latest

It tells how to get our tickers back and how to find the missing emoticons.

This is a list of possible emoticons, but apparently not all of them work on this board:
    http://www.emoji-cheat-sheet.com/

You just type a colon into your message and a letter and a list pops up of possible choices. I typed a colon and the letter k and got to choose several kisses icons.
    :kiss:

Colon then the word drinker and another colon is supposed to give you the beer mug guy.
    :drinker:

Heather, BEAUTIFUL baby!

Sylvia
    In Kansas, where the sun is shining and the birds are singing. Rain tomorrow.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    : + c = :cookie: That's a cookie?? Looks more like a dog paw print lol :mrgreen:
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jb
    :laugh:
    I found laughing icon by : then laugh followed by colon.
  • mollywhippet
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've gotta try a few of these:

:scream_cat:
    :scream:
    :notes:
    :sob:
    :honeybee:
    :rose:
    :cherry_blossom: