WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2014

Options

Replies

• jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Margaret! How'd you get the laughing face??? :astonished: Need that one!

Thanks for the tip about resizing pics, I'll have to try that.
  • paintedlady52
    paintedlady52 Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi all... I'm new here ... please can I join this group? I haven't been on MFP very long. I think it would help to be part of a group similar in age to myself.
    :smile:

73697344.png
  • trulabfloyd
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am struggling with the same 10 lbs that I have for years. it comes off and then comes back. I would love to join and be inspired by other ladies over 50! The challenges are different as we age. I used to cut out bread for a day in my 20's and lose 5 lbs! Any advice anyone can give me dealing with dining out? I have tried starving all day and then enjoying myself but feel this may affect my metabolism. any ideas?
  • trulabfloyd
    Options
    Oh October goals. 1. log every day, not matter if it is OVER. Exercise every day.
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi,
    Working on figuring the new site out. Glad I found it again and have bookmarked it. Not all of the options show up when I'm on my work computer but trying out a few things that I can. :smile:

5341349.png
  • kayak_kutie
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Got my ticker to show up in the first post and now trying to see if I have to add it each post or will it 'stick'.

Also, trying a picture.

Please excuse my testing. :blush:

5341349.png
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    gotta bump this so I can go back and read all these. 55 here!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yay! I finally found us!!!

One of the changes they mentioned is to eliminate tickers. I wonder how you feel about that. I’ve found looking at people’s tickers very motivating. I like looking at my own ticker, too. It reminds me how far I’ve come. Am I alone in this?

I can live without tickers, but I’m so happy I don’t have to live without this wonderful group!

DH is progressing and that makes me happy. He has been coming downstairs and yesterday went shopping with me at two different stores. I’m not sure I’d call it fun, but it was really satisfying and helped me see how much better he is doing. I think it made him feel better, too.

Today I have an appointment with the dentist for a checkup and maintenance. I missed my scheduled appointment because DH was in the hospital, and they were very nice about getting me in quickly.

Friday I will meet my new riding instructor for the first time, and have my first lesson with her. She says I’m of an age that I don’t have to have a helmet. I wonder how wise that is, and would appreciate advice from those who are riders. Do you use a helmet? What features should I look for?

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

October Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Trying to test the ticker:
    45477098.png

I wish MFP had a preview post function so I could check it out before actually adding the post.
  • kayak_kutie
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I see you have to add your ticker to each post if you want it. :disappointed: Umm...don't have the option to load a picture anymore. My first one came out small. How did you all get your pictures large? :confused:
  • Katla49
    Options
    Thanks so much for the ticker instructions! I LIKE the tickers. Since I use a word document to type all of my responses, I just saved it at the bottom of the page. I’ll see how that works.
    B)

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

October Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!

30881843.png
    B)
  • kayak_kutie
    Options
    Found out if you click on the words for my picture it opens up large.

Sorry for all of the rambling posts....
  • loruddy
    loruddy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    fallen off the wagon recently, not a good month so far. I seem to go into self destruct when I'm close to my goal weight. November 2012 5lbs from target, gained weight, again in May 2013 and back in October last year I was 5lbs from target, then put on 16lbs before I got back on track and joined MFP in July, now I'm doing it again, gained 2lbs in the last few weeks, how can I stop this trend.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    146200.png

Do not be discouraged.......MFP will work the bugs out.....there have been changes over the years that I have been posting....they just take time to get used to and for the goofy parts to get fixed :smile: :grin:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    :'( I am having so much trouble figuring out this new way of doing things. I lost the first part of my post and can not seem to find it. I also missed you all yesterday. At weigh in yesterday I pretty much lost what I had gained last week, so do hope that means I am back on track.
    Brenda--Glad you are doing better, just take it slow and easy.
    Lesley--Good to hear things are going better.
    Sylvia--Does your shoes have good support? I know I can tell the difference with the shoes I wear. Love the picture. I do like being able to put a face with a name. Thanks for the info on finding things. This is going to take awhile.
    Joyce--your dad sounds kind of like mine. He would make up songs and if we were in the store and a song he liked came on over head he would grab us and dance. At the time I would get upset, but now the memory is nice.
    WOW!! I can say I do not like this new form, it took me along time to find us again, But then I do not do change well. I started this yesterday and like everyone else couldn't post. So weigh in was yesterday morning.Well weigh in this morning was better than I expected. I lost most of what I gained last week. So I hope that means I am back on track. Yesterday was my day off and I did get alot done. So am feeling alot better. Some how this ended up in the middle and not the start.
    Jane--Hugs and prayers for your friend.
    Heather--Glad you are home safe and sound. Sounds like you had another fantastic trip. Picture of DGD is so cute.
    Katla--Glad to hear DH is doing so well.
    Margaret--Thanks for telling us about the yellow star. I do not like this new forum, type is so small and hard to figure out where I am.
    Well I am going to try and post this and see if I can figure this out, what a headache.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • Kataniki
    Kataniki Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning! This is my first post and I hope to find community and support now that I've started using MFP on my phone to track my food and exercise. My name is Kat and I am 51. I have 3 sons who are 19, 22 and 25. I am pretty active - play soccer, sail competitively and go hiking fairly often and try to walk every day. I was working with a personal trainer but took a break for the summer. I also eat pretty healthy but obviously more than I need as I am at least 50 lbs overweight. Breaking things down into baby steps seems to work best for me and keeps me out of emotional eating.

I look forward to meeting you all and sharing the journey to wellness!
    Kat
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I have been gone for a while. I am currently on Leave from work to get my depression under control and my house in order. This year has been tough and even though Bodi is okay he is never going to be the same and that really took a lot out of me. I will try to pop by more often again. I have missed you all.

Robin, Bodi and Ritter. :)

704020.png
  • Katla49
    Options
    Welcome back Robin. I hope we see you regularly. :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jb to get laughing icon type in laugh not laughing between the two colons. Here goes I will attempt adding a picture.This was taken at Swedesburg on the way to St. Louis.

l6fuctgg3mcq.jpg

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Want to see if my ticker turns up. I don't want to add it each time.
    Thanks Sylvia for the emoticons info as well. :flowerforyou:

Heather

Boo!

27681614.png

Yeah, done it! :drinker: