WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2014

Options

Replies

• donnamwebb39
    donnamwebb39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am new here and my goals for October are just to keep trying. I have a long journey ahead of me and it won't be easy. I found when I signed up to my fitness pal and actually committed myself (to myself), that I experienced a profound sense of fear. It was strange, and it is something that I know I must conquer to be successful. One step at a time. :)
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Katla...love your helmet. You look nicely colour coordinated. I have a very old yellow helmet.

I just finished watching a PBS documentary called "Bully". It was difficult to watch and my heart was breaking. Stand up against bullying is the message and the call to action.

High time to turn off the lights, and the electronics.

Renny
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Will be back later after yoga, but must come in to say,
    Katla - fantastic! Love the fuschia combo and the lipstick!
    Happy Halloween!

Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am not feeling so hot this morning.. my kidneys are really sore huh
    having my warm lemon water and have a load of laundry in the washer..have DH dinner all set and his lunch set for tomorrow..
    I have fallen off the wagon and havent exercised in a long time, I have to get back into it..the scale keeps moving up and im not happy.. so I will re commit to get myself in shape..
    got a call that my 62 yr old cousin passed away on sunday, so services will be this week sometime..
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Please may I join in. I'm 50, 5'4" and currently 15-20lbs overweight, depending on how optimistic my end goal is! I work from home in a very sedentary job and have low physical energy. I either get a day's work done, or go for a run, or clean the house, or spend time with the children (teen boys) I never seem to have the energy to do some of all of these each day.

My October goals are:

To increase energy by drinking 8 glasses water a day and eating 5 veg a day and 2 fruit.
    To take family to Paris (we live in London) and climb the Eiffel Tower stairs - not the elevators, all the way to the top.
    To finish this draft of the project I'm working on by end Oct.
    To complete the 30 Day Shred.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Popping in for a minute to say

Katla :) you look awesome, I love the pink helmet B) !!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Quick stop.......have to get Gwen to the dr. this am. DD is gone off to lifeguard today and DH is just stirring. Birds have been fed. DD's cold is getting better.

Katla.........You look great in your pink helmet!!! It suits you perfectly! Hope you have many hours of enjoyment wearing it. Now we need a pic of you on your lesson horse!

Gail........Hoping your nephew recovers swiftly with no complications.

Patceoh...........Gorgeous baby!!! Just want to pick him up and hug!

Renny......Thanks so much for the method to find previous posts.......it would have been a shame for all of us to have lost our "history" here.

Deb..........Absolutely amazing transformation.....you should be very proud of your new self!

Off for a cup of tea and shower.
    Hello and Best to all.

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic, very warm and windy today
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good morning friends,

:drinker:

Welcome new comers :flowerforyou:

Gail sorry about your nephew. Diabetes is not an easy condition to manage.

Alison I am sorry for the loss of your cousin.

Today still working om getting to bed earlier. By 10:30 is my goal tonight. I am going to try to make it 15 minute intervals until it is 10:00. I know daylight savings time is coming at the end of the month and I know for the past my body appreciates it if I get ready for it.

2014 word: contentment

28257843.png
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! :flowerforyou:

Welcome cherys from London.:flowerforyou: Hope you get to Paris. I climbed the stairs to the second level when I was 16. I'm not sure if you are allowed to do it nowdays. Check.

Meg - glad you are managing to stay in touch with Tanya. Hang on in there! :ohwell:

Pat - well done on the heart check. Trouble with cholesterol is it's nearly all genetic. :ohwell:
    Love the great grandchild! :love:

Barbie - welcome home :bigsmile:

Deb- what a great new photo! Is that your son? :smile:

Joyce - that was some journey! Hope you can relax and the weather is kind. :flowerforyou:

Got to get my photo done today after yesterday's fiasco. :sad:
    I'm a bit baggy eyed as I just couldn't drop off last night. It was 2 am before I finally managed it with the help of milk and whisky! ! ! ! :embarassed:

Love to all. Heather in showery and chilly Hampshire UK
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    One fast question....is there anyway to remove photos once added to a post? I know about the hour edit limit,but after that for pics? Pat
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Katla ... beautiful! And the helmet looks great too!
    Alison ... sorry you're not feeling well ...
    Donnamwebb39 ... Welcome! I've experienced "fear" as well when starting over again on the weight loss ... all kinds of negative thoughts can find their way into my head. You're right ... one day at a time!
    Joyce ... you're there! Now enjoy it!
    Deb ... amazing transformation ... would not think it was the same person!

DS#2 has a migraine! :grumble: Not really surprised. A few bad food choices yesterday and the weather is just crazy here. Tried the new injectable Imitrex. No change as of yet and he's balking at a second dose. The needleless injection was more painful than he anticipated.

Today is a new day on my health journey. I have allowed myself to get completely out of control ... the scale shows it ... and I don't like it one bit. DS#2 and I were supposed to go to the gym today, but that probably won't happen now with the headache. Both he and I have been missing in action for a long time. So, instead, I am going to head into our dungeon of a basement and use the treadmill. (Oh I hate it ... someone here used to call it the dreadmill ... I so relate!)

Have a good day!
    Beth
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you've all mentioned this already ... but the little cog entitled "account options" on the right hand side ... if you open it, it gives you the option of marking all viewed. Then when you come back on, you go right to the last post you read ... regardless of whether you posted or not.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Pat, as a test, I went back to one of my posts and tried to remove a photo. If you click on the photo a box appears with the photo and underneath that is an option that says "delete". I did that and got an error message. Tried again and got the same error. So, I'm not sure if you can delete a photo. Didn't work for me anyway.

This morning it was cold and windy and threatening rain, so I drove the kids to school again. Will only have one to pick up after school as one has a doctor's appointment and the other goes to her singing group after school. So, it'll just be me and the little guy.

Went to the Y and met hubby. We went into the gym and I started working out with the weight machines and suddenly got very dizzy again. I thought the dizziness had been much better lately. So, sat for a while then came up to the studio. I'm sitting for a while and ate a boiled egg and drank some water. Hopefully that will take care of it.

The kiln is red hot so the studio is warm and toasty inside. Nice not to have to turn on the furnace yet. I threw a bunch of mugs yesterday, so today will remove them from their bats (the plastic disk that they are thrown on) and turn them upside down to dry some more before I can trim the bottoms. Then will make handles and apply them probably tomorrow. It sure seems to take a long time to make a mug! I have a TON of pots already that are ready to glaze but I hate to glaze so they are just sitting there in the way. Glazing is my least favorite thing to do. Such a chore.

We went to the trumpet recital last night, which was very good. The trumpet player is married to the pianist who was accompanying him, and after a particularly energetic mexican piece, he said that his lips were sore and he needed some lip therapy, so he went over to the piano and kissed his wife. All the women in the audience went "AWWWW!!!" and all the men groaned. Turned out to be their anniversary. I thought it was really great. My hubby would never do that.

Well, I'd better get busy. I hope you are all having a great day.

Sylvia

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning from rainy Il.been raining the last 2 days.
    HUGS
    jane
  • cajunlady1958
    Options
    I am here because I get no support in my home. My son and daughter in law are young and skinny. I had wls two and a half years ago and I lost 110 pounds, but I have recently gained back ten pounds. I don't want to be a failure at wls so I need a push to get back on the wagon.

Ramona, Louisiana
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Got my 40 minute walk among the mangroves accomplished this morning. Yesterday I made some pumpkin bread and realized that 100 calories was equal to 1/20th of the loaf :lol: so I will be freezing some of it. I might have to bring in the cat to the vet because her eyes are runny and she has puss in one of them (sorry for the gross visual). I think I need a new vet, though, because she treats the animals as if they are human beings. She doesn't realize everytime I spend money on the cat, then me or someone in my family - in other words, a human being - has to go without something. Maybe I can straighten her out? I also have to go to the doctor this afternoon for my pre-op clearance. Sort of a busy day today.

Mary from south Florida
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Did it storm last night. We lost part of the deck. It won't affect the integrity of the deck, was a sunburst decoration. House swayed and swayed, electricity out. We all survived it
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    Kat love the pink Helmet
    Deb , u look like a new person!! Great job!
    Sylvia, I know what u mean about hating glazing....not that I am a potter but an artist (painter) and I hate cleaning my brushes.lol also loved the trumpet player and wife's -pianist kiss!
    enjoy the day ladies and follow your plan.
    This group is great to stay motivated, Thanks ladies!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. My week is going well. Got DGD to school and that is going well. Sunday when I came home from work the neighbors who like to party had thrown beer cans and bottles over the fence in my yard. I was pissed. Picked them up and went over to talk with them. They would not answer the phone. So sit it all on the steps. Ended up going over several times and would answer. So yesterday I called the dad of the girl living there. I only know him because he owns the company that did the work on my house last year. He said he would check things out. Well because the court house was closed I could not find out who owned the house. I have lived here over 11 years and never had any problems with the renters next door. So this morning I called and found out who owns the house and gave him a call. DH thinks I went to far, but I will not have that stuff in my yard. Most of them still had beer in them, if my dogs would of gotten sick I would really have gotten mad. What is wrong with young people these days? thanks for listening. Since DGD has been here I have been eating better and trying to stay busy. DS called and they made it to Vegas and having fun.

DeeDee--I agree I have more time now and the DGC benfit and I do enjoy being a kid with them. Having DGD this week is good for me as keeps me busy and also getting to bed early and getting 7+ hours of sleep. Today after school she wants to learn to knit. So going to try that.

Gail--Sorry to hear about nephew. Diabetic health issues are scary. I try and watch my feel as afraid of having to lose part of it.

Carol--Hugs and prayers for you andDD. Hope they get it figured out.

Beth--Happy b-lated birthday to DH, hope your evening went well.

Cat--your motorcycle ride sounds very relaxing. I do love riding and praying we get ours done and out of the shop before spring. We still have the trike, but since I have gotten back on the two wheel one, I remember how much I love it. I love my fitbit as it reminds me to move more.

We have somethings up for Halloween, yesterday was so windy so didn't do more. Hoping to get some done this week. Also need to go pickup more rock for the rock garden. I just want to get that done, a girl I work with is cleaning hers out and said we can have all the rock we need, so just need to get it, maybe this evening.

Katla--thanks for the picture. You look fantastic.

Pat--Great news from the doctor. GGS is so cute. I just love being a grand parent.

Barbie--glad you are home.

Deb--thanks for sharing the pictures and you look great.

Allison--Sorry to hear about your cousin. Please take care of yourself. I know I am stuggling with eating and getting my steps in. Important thing is we do not give up.

Well time to get somethings done. Plan to clean my desk off today and get bills lined up to pay. Hate that job. But want to get things done before I have to go pick DGD up at school.
    Sounds like the wind is staying down today and that is good.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today's Joke of The Day shows that there may actually be something good about being fat after all:

:smiley:

A cannibal and his son are out looking for food. They are watching people walk down the street. The son suggested a particularly plump woman and the father rejected her saying that she's too fatty. Later on the son asked about a very skinny woman. Again the father refused saying that she’s to skinny. After a while the son pointed out a very attractive woman. "Sure son" the father replied, drooling. “We’ll take her home and eat your mother!"

:wink:

Hubby is coming to the studio for lunch so I brought leftover turkey chili from home. MMMM... I love that stuff, and it has so few calories!

Have a great afternoon.

Sylvia