Evening/Night time snack

Options
13»

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    last night was honey wheat pretzel sticks and lots of teddy natural.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Before I lay down in bed and read off my kindle I usually have a glass of almond milk with vanilla and cinnamon...sometimes sweetened. Or maybe a hot chocolate :drinker:
  • NastyNinja
    Options
    I used to have a hard time with late night snacks. Now I do 2 peices of snack cheese to fill me up before bed. Not usually high in calories either. Just an idea.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Half a PC Thin bagel (I like Cinnamon Raisin) - 80 Calories for half, with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Jalapéno Cheese - 23 Calories. The combination is delicious, it's light so won't affect sleep. It's just the perfect amount to tide you over for the night. I've been known to have the entire bagel, but still only the 1 cheese wedge. It's an extra 80 cal, but worth it some days. lol.

Based on Half bagel Thin, and one Wege:

17.5 Carb
    3.5 Protein
    5.5 Sugar
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, fiber one bars, pretzels, coffee, cereal..a good chunk of my calories are at night
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My diary is open so you can see
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Do you try and limit certain macros like carbs and fats etc or just go for it and keep it a small portion??

Neither... if it fits your calorie and macro goal then eat what ever. Meal timing has little to no effect on weight, total cals do
  • conoramck
    conoramck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Some really good stuff in this thread. Have to try these Quest bars out, they seem expensive though
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Some really good stuff in this thread. Have to try these Quest bars out, they seem expensive though

They really are but I still find them worth investing in if you're decently busy to help hit protein and fiber goals. Just don't eat them every day like I like to do xD
  • Lumpy52403
    Lumpy52403 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese as my last food intake of the day, since it provides slow-digesting protein.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with honey, then whatever I have the macro/sodium room for.
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple with a pinch of sugar and cinnamon on top :)
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits. Usually yogurt, cereal, oatmeal...etc.
  • Jaseau
    Jaseau Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After I have checked my macros for the day.... I usually have either 1C Cottage Cheese OR a PBJ and 1C low fat milk. seems to get me through the night ok.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I treat myself every night too a Skinny Cow Truffle ice cream bar. It is only 100 calories.

I really need to jump on some of these Skinny Cow treats. I still Avnet tried them but that sounds super yummy.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Ice cream or a couple squares of chocolate. Recently I found a new one...a couple of graham crackers with some brown sugar/cinnamon cream cheese.
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Gotta have my Sargento reduced calorie cheese stix, Skinny Popcorn...and some type of fruit!! :laugh: