So my family bought take out...RANT

Options

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Reading this had almost made me want to go start a "mean people thread". But alas, I'll have to wait until Friday.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Reading this had almost made me want to go start a "mean people thread". But alas, I'll have to wait until Friday.

Oh, I like those. I stepped outside my box and was nice on this one. But I could be mean on one of those...
  • mccindy72
    Options
    I kind of wonder about the assholery of the responses on this thread. I can't imagine that if most people were staying home to finish a chore, gave money to family and put in a take-out order and then received something different than what was ordered (especially less) that any of you would not be upset. Not everyone has the optimal, supportive family. If OP chooses to premake her food for the week to stay on a calorie plan or due to a limited budget and they are resentful about it, perhaps they were rude enough to not buy her the ribs she ordered and get her a salad. Or perhaps they just wanted her money to buy their soda, as she said in her earlier posts. I'm baffled that you all seem to be so rude about it. Yes, she could just get in the car and go buy the food she wants, but the point is, she stayed home to finish her laundry, so she didn't want to go. Now she has to stop doing that to get food. It doesn't say how far she lives from town, so who knows if she can even order out? I know it's fun to be snarky, but sometimes it's better to be supportive.

So what should she do?

No seriously. You want to lecture everyone else at the quality of their responses, what advice do you have to give?

Because since I don't have an answer for "Change the entire way your family behaves" I went with "move out."

I didn't feel I needed to give her a solution. She was just ranting. That's what girls do... rant. We just want to rant about something that made us mad..... guys make the mistake of trying to fix it. Silly guys! We don't want you to fix it, we just want you shut up and listen.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    no one touched grannys tomato and bread! I must ask why? ...could it be because her stuff was labeled with a permanent marker! like adults do when they share a house and want to make sure no one throws out or uses their stuff...hey this is how roomies do it we all have been there.....granny rocks!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

That's what girls do... rant. We just want to rant about something that made us mad..... guys make the mistake of trying to fix it. Silly guys! We don't want you to fix it, we just want you shut up and listen.
    [/quote]

LOL Now that makes perfect sense. :laugh:
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    So many people in a bad mood here today.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    no one touched grannys tomato and bread! I must ask why? ...could it be because her stuff was labeled with a permanent marker! like adults do when they share a house and want to make sure no one throws out or uses their stuff...hey this is how roomies do it we all have been there.....granny rocks!

Do you know if OP's stuff was labeled with her name? have you asked?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I mean, seriously, it's not that hard. Plus, there are so many plot holes in this story that it's not even funny. I'm seeing a lot of follow-up CYA posts from the OP to build her up.

I may be wrong but I'm seeing the same holes.
    [/quote]

I'm seeing all the same holes as well.

The story started off the sister accidentally gave the food away, she never first mentions giving money, she thinks they hear the order. She also lives rent free, so if they did not hear her order and bought her a salad and used the change to buy themselves drinks, chalk it up to household expenses.

But whatever really happened, you are 21 years old, this would be behavior you are used to, so why expect differently. To have a different outcome you need to make a change, so either deal with, buy your own food, or move out. Whining about it solves absolutely nothing.

Not all women just want to rant, some of us have issues and come up with a solution.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I mean, seriously, it's not that hard. Plus, there are so many plot holes in this story that it's not even funny. I'm seeing a lot of follow-up CYA posts from the OP to build her up.

I may be wrong but I'm seeing the same holes.

I'm seeing all the same holes as well.

The story started off the sister accidentally gave the food away, she never first mentions giving money, she thinks they hear the order. She also lives rent free, so if they did not hear her order and bought her a salad and used the change to buy themselves drinks, chalk it up to household expenses.

But whatever really happened, you are 21 years old, this would be behavior you are used to, so why expect differently. To have a different outcome you need to make a change, so either deal with, buy your own food, or move out. Whining about it solves absolutely nothing.

Not all women just want to rant, some of us have issues and come up with a solution.

I'm sorry... but I wasn't particularly mentally and emotionally capable of coming up with solutions at 21 either.

It is what it is.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Plot holes in an angry rant... lol.

I'll bet you all thought Godzilla was a fab movie. That sucker was more full of plot holes than Swiss Cheese.

Angry 21-year-old girls aren't usually making sure they get all the details straight when they rant. Ask any cop or DA getting witness testimony. Horribly unreliable.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'd have gone with the toast and honey. Nom Nom Nom
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Do you have a car?

LMAO I read this quick and thought it said cat!!! hahahahaha
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Time to move out I think. Label your food or walk to the store and get something?? The walking will burn extra calories.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I kind of wonder about the assholery of the responses on this thread. I can't imagine that if most people were staying home to finish a chore, gave money to family and put in a take-out order and then received something different than what was ordered (especially less) that any of you would not be upset. Not everyone has the optimal, supportive family. If OP chooses to premake her food for the week to stay on a calorie plan or due to a limited budget and they are resentful about it, perhaps they were rude enough to not buy her the ribs she ordered and get her a salad. Or perhaps they just wanted her money to buy their soda, as she said in her earlier posts. I'm baffled that you all seem to be so rude about it. Yes, she could just get in the car and go buy the food she wants, but the point is, she stayed home to finish her laundry, so she didn't want to go. Now she has to stop doing that to get food. It doesn't say how far she lives from town, so who knows if she can even order out? I know it's fun to be snarky, but sometimes it's better to be supportive.

So what should she do?

No seriously. You want to lecture everyone else at the quality of their responses, what advice do you have to give?

Because since I don't have an answer for "Change the entire way your family behaves" I went with "move out."

I didn't feel I needed to give her a solution. She was just ranting. That's what girls do... rant. We just want to rant about something that made us mad..... guys make the mistake of trying to fix it. Silly guys! We don't want you to fix it, we just want you shut up and listen.

Let's not speak for all girls now, please.

Yes, she was just ranting. And that's what some people do. But this isn't gender specific.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 21. I'm a student who studies from home, because I need to use all the money from the work I do to pay my books and study fees. My parents refuse to pay for it. So unless I go live on the street I can't move out.

They didn't pay for my food. I did.

They used the rest of my money to buy coke.

They comment on EVERYTHING I eat.

"You can't eat meat! It will make you bulky..."
    "You can't eat that, it will make you fat!"

As I said she took MY food and fed it to the dog. There is dogfood in the house. Do you expect me to eat that? :-/

Yes I could go buy my own food. But it's a little despicable to take my money for your own use. And to decide FOR ME what I should and shouldn't eat.

College is a priviledge not a right...if you can't pay for the stuff and make ends meet well then...this is what I tell my kids
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Plot holes in an angry rant... lol.

I'll bet you all thought Godzilla was a fab movie. That sucker was more full of plot holes than Swiss Cheese.

Angry 21-year-old girls aren't usually making sure they get all the details straight when they rant. Ask any cop or DA getting witness testimony. Horribly unreliable.
    I don't believe anyone thought Godzilla was a fab movie. Maybe in relation to the last Godzilla they made?

Also, was this rant actually about food?

And also, Godzilla? Fab? Oh, you! :)
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    So....when will you post the 'mean people' thread?
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So....when will you post the 'mean people' thread?
    Oh, but that must wait until Friday! Happened a day early last week and threw my whole schedule out of whack!