My trainer wants me to lose 79lbs in a year

Options
124»

Replies

• annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I lost 49lbs in 4 1/2 months close to 5 months but with good diet and exercise you should not fail in the long run. I say long run because you ARE going to have the days where your food was way over calories or didn't exercise for days.. but guess if we never fail we will never know the great part about getting back into it. I love that I like different foods now then before, I like that can actually work out and not be so tempted to quit after 20 minutes. Get your mind right with positive people and things. Good Luck!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Unless you have health issues that impede your ability, then yes, it is completely possible.

I'll also be honest and say that I'm jealous of those of you who can - I have health issues that make such quick loss impossible (well, there is a way, but I could die, so it isn't really an option). Do as much as you can do safely... that's all anyone can ask.
  • axw7454
    axw7454 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can do it and so can I! I joined a gym mid-July and did not drop any weight the first month. I started tracking my food with MFP and realize why the weight was not coming off. One dinner out to eat was the same calorie count that would take 3 Zumba classes to burn off! It was an eye opening experience for me. I am now eating high protein, low carb, and making healthier choices if I go out to eat. I've lost 8 lbs in three weeks and have a goal to loose 30 by Christmas. We can do it!
    That's the biggest thing I'm learning! All the eating out was really holding me back, those calories add up a lot quicker. Not to mention how many carbs they usually have.Tracking has definitely helped open my eyes to why I wasn't seeing progress. Thank you! And good luck on your goal too. You're right we can do this!
  • VernerDixon
    VernerDixon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    He must be crazy. Ugh I know it's possible but honestly I haven't been even under 200lbs since middle school. I'm terrified that I won't make it, and worse that I'll make it and still hate the way I look.
    So far I'm keeping my goal at 30 lbs by Christmas. Cardio 6 days a week and lifting 3 days a week. Also, low carb high protein focused.

Boy I don't want to fail... :frown:

Don't be afraid of success. Seriously. Don't let you be the reason you don't succeed.
    Get it.
  • axw7454
    axw7454 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am definitely trying to surround myself with positive people, you all are so encouraging. I'm really glad I posted this!

Side note... I don't have any kids lol not sure where some of yall got that from. Someone said son another said daughter. Maybe I missed something haha :laugh: .
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    follow the trainers advice. I am a trainer and have had clients loose up to 25 pounds in 6-8 weeks. Mostly it is learning hoe to eay healthy and getting your body moving. Small steps and you will reach your goal. Break it down to smaller bits amd it won't be so overwhelming. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!:huh:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    When losing a lot a weight in one year, you should definitely consult your doctors as well. Losing a lot of weight fast can put strain on your heart causing a lot of issues, mainly heart diseases and failures. Thats why its better to lose weight at no more than 2 pds a week. You can definitely do it with a lot of will power, I would just say make sure your doing it in a healthy way :smile:

Huh?!?
  • afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've dropped 77 lbs since last summer, and I haven't set foot in a gym. Just diet change and 30 minutes to an hour of cardio 3-4 times a week (stationary bike or walking).

Even if you don't lose the whole 79 lbs, you will still be so much closer to where you want to be. Don't be intimidated, just don't give up! That's all that matters.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Very attainable. 1.5 pound loss per week for one year = 78 pounds.

I've been at this since March with a goal of 1.5 loss per week. Some weeks I don't quite get there, some weeks I drop 2.

When I average it out over the last 29 weeks, I'm a bit ahead of my goal.

If you want it, it can be done, and done safely. Good luck!
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Lost 100lbs. in 13 months between February 2009-March 2010. It's totally possible. In the beginning you may lose a lot at first, then it'll gradually slow down. My biggest month was my first...I dropped 17lbs. in 30 days. Just keep on pushing through!! You can do it!
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It can be done for sure and in a healthy way. I started out changing my eating habits and exercising three days a week for 7 months after December 2013. I weighed in at 305 on the 28th of December and I am now as of today 247.6 lbs. That is a 57.4 lb loss in 10 months. I am shooting for 230 to 220 by Christmas which is possible and solid with muscles. I lost 30 lbs in 7 months with normal exercise and since July when I got strict on my eating and exercise I have lost 24.4 lbs as of this morning.

Dont think of this as a diet which can lead most to fail. Look at this as a lifestyle change where you are eating better than you did before and moving a lot more to experience life and being outside. My eating habits also range from 1800 to 2500 calories a day which my BMR is 2000 and my TDEE is 2900. It will take discipline at first and then it will become second nature after a while of doing it. You got this and can succeed at it and achieve all your goals. Drive forward and enjoy life doing it.

Edit: Here is my statistics for the last 7 months..

9d46889cd98332390ab91bbdfbbda9d1258a.jpg
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Better to aim for 79 and fail by losing sixty than aim for 50 and succeed. Always aim high. If you fall short, big deal. Rocky lost...but he succeeded.

79 doesn't sound like too many to me, if you're obese. Not unreasonable or too fast or anything. I would ask my doctor first, of course. Not the trainer, not my friends or family and not MFP people. Doctor. For sure.

Then, go for it. You have nothing to lose but fat! :D
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    It can definitely be done! Why not at least try? If you don't quite reach your goal, it's not the end of the world. Say you end up losing only 50 pounds in a year. That's still 50 freaking pounds! That's going to make a huge difference!

There's no harm in trying. Don't beat yourself up if you don't quite make it, but also know that you CAN do it. The most important thing is that you're working on being healthier and that's awesome.
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    works out to just over 1.5lbs/week. Very doable if you're determined. You log everything you eat/drink and stay within his recommended calorie limits (assuming he knows what he's doing) and you get at least 15-30 min of light to moderate activity per day. These are all generalizations of course and nothing is simple or linear when talking about changing your body, but that's the gist.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose that much in a year. But weight loss is only one measurement to gauge your success. Rather than fix on a specific, arbitrary number based on a generic mathematical formula, consider also tracking your progress in terms of, for example: change in percentage of body fat; change in linear measurements (bust, waist, hips, etc.); change in clothing sizes (perhaps being able to fit into clothing which was previously too tight); improvements in strength and cardiovasular conditioning; control of appetite (satiety) and blood sugar levels (a BIG plus on low carb diets); variety and livability (working your diet to its best advantage).

You can do it!
  • 2thesexydress
    2thesexydress Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am definitely trying to surround myself with positive people, you all are so encouraging. I'm really glad I posted this!

Side note... I don't have any kids lol not sure where some of yall got that from. Someone said son another said daughter. Maybe I missed something haha :laugh: .

LOL,,,, maybe we are predicting your future xx