Your most stupid injury

Options

Replies

• skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The first day I got my new roller skates for roller derby, I put them on, stepped outside onto my cement patio and fell right on my *kitten*, breaking my tailbone. Didn't even make it two steps out the door! :laugh:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I don't get injured and also I don't bleed. You can just say great genetics :)

So you're the reason I'm so accident prone??? The universe's cruel way of balancing itself out. Dang you! :angry: :tongue:
    101810191020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I broke my ring finger 6 weeks ago while doing DB presses :(

must be a sign LOL
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    These are great!
    First one was my younger cousin Greg not me. Greg tied a towel around his neck so he could be superman. He put the other end of the towel under the cap on the large oil tank and climbed up. Turned around and jumped off trying to fly. Needless to say I saved his life that day. He owes me big.

Now for mine...
    1#We my cousins and myself tied an old sheet in a large tree to use for a hammock. Not low near the ground. Worked for most of the summer too until one day when I got in. Fell probably 10-15 feet landed flat on my back on the concrete driveway. Never went to a Doctor.
    2#Got hit by a drunk driver standing on the edge of a turning lane in the middle of a busy street used for cruising back in the day. Got up walked the rest of the way across and laid on the grass a few minutes. Then jumped up and ran back in the building without telling anyone. I wasn't supposed to be crossing the street. The scared guy told on me. Again no Doctor but scraped my hip and leg up pretty good.
    3# Climbing inside a station wagon. I was climbing from the very back to the front trying not to use the middle section. My stomach actually caved outward to touch the seat. I had to go lay on a hard table for the rest of the night. Again no Doctor.
    4# Tried playing leapfrog once. Sprained my wrist.
    5# Used to hang upside down from the small bar in the middle of my swingset. Fell face first. Had a huge shiner.
    Those I can blame on my youth.

1# I was taking a shortcut under industrial shelving at work and came up to fast almost knocked myself out.
    2# I've multiple times opened a cabinet door then smacked hit my head on the doorframe bending down and back under. Stupid
    3# In my early 20's newly married took up roller blading. Went out with my husband who used to skateboard. You see where this is going? Yes he had me doing jumps. So brave me comes barreling down a sidewalk to jump off. Only to have my legs shoot out in front of me and land full force on my tailbone. My husband laughing his *kitten* off while I'm in tears. I had to sit on a pillow for months. My partner at work lifted things for me. I bruised from tailbone to mid back. Again didn't go to a Doctor - they can't set a tail bone. No skating for me.
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I broke my pelvis while playing soccer
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I broke my collar bone while being born.....true story

- I refuse to take responsibility for it though.
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Burnt my leg on our toaster :huh:
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    Broke my toe a few months ago running up the stairs and trying o take more than one at a time. Didn't quite make it and slammed my toe into the back of one step.
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in hs my badminton partner in gym was so bad and I called getting a shot and she sang anyways, hit me in the nose and I got a black eye.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a laundry list but some of the dumbest

Broke my thumb playing fooseball........
    Shattered my tibula and fibula in 4 places walking ( I really need to make up a better story for this one......like I broke it saving a bus load of puppies being taken to the orphanage by Nuns,from going off a cliff
    Pulled a steel bike rack over on my ankle breaking it

But the best..... I shot myself in the eye with a Red Ryder BB gun

Dad got me a RR BB gun when I was younger. One afternoon I thought it would be a good idea to take it outside and try to pop my big punch balloon. I should have stopped when the first BB richocheted and hit me in the forehead. But nahhhh I didn't and the next one hit me square in the colored part of my eye. 6 days in the hospital and I was all good to go.
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    During a heavy bag workout at my boxing gym, I threw a hook and I guess my glove came at the bag at a weird angle, and at just the right speed. My glove deflected off the bag and I ended up punching myself in the face. No serious injuries, but my pride took a hit....no pun intended. :embarassed:
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I had taken 60mg of codeine, was really light headed, went to get dressed, lost balance, put hand out to stop my fall, fell on floor, hand went across a metal grill, and end of finger on left hand snapped upwards.

I sat there on floor, looked at finger as it was bent upwards, thought mmm, doesnt hurt any more than normal, so straightened it, and put tape around it.

Sat there at computer talking to my friend in the usa, told her what had happened, she said, is it bruised under neath?

I said mm, no idea will look, so looked and said yeah all purple, then she called me a goof and told me to go to hospital.

I waited till next morning, by this time pain was getting worse, went to walk in centre, booked in, said, mm think I broke me finger....

After the x-rays at hospital found out had snapped finger bone cleanly in half lol

Moral to this story is, never try get dressed standing up when on opiates, baaaaad mojo lol
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    In 4th grade I trip over my untied shoe strings and fractured my left wrist. Sad thing about it was it wasn't my first fracture. Fractured my right wrist in 2nd. And about a year ago I was walking along the sidewalk and stepped off the sidewalk without realizing and wound up busting my knee.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hit my head really hard on my locker in jr high. My head and pride hurt really bad that day. Fell backwards into a bathtub at a hotel one Summer. I believe there was a granite backsplash... Yeah I hit my head on it! I took a nice long nap afterwards
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,689 Member
    Options
    I was trying to show off to my wife that I could do a head stand on my elbows like they do in yoga. No problem with the head stand. Then I tried to "L" my leg out. Pain shot down my low back. Anyway for the next 3 weeks, I could bare bend over. Crocs were my friend for that time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I broke my collar bone while being born.....true story

- I refuse to take responsibility for it though.
    My daughters collar bone broke while she was being born, but she broke my tailbone so I think we're even.
  • Schnickelfritz7
    Schnickelfritz7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At a large trail ride in Minnesota, I used a mix of skin-so-soft and rubbing alcohol on my horse to keep the mosquitoes at bay (they hate the smell). Just as I got done, someone wanted to ride the horses across the river, so I jumped on...and smoothly slipped right off the other side and bruised my tailbone upon landing in the dirt!
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    PE... A billion years ago. Stretching before starting the class with one of those air-kicks I teared a damned muscle. How's that even possible??
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I broke my foot while chasing a deer because I wanted to pet it. No, I wasn't drunk. The deer just looked so soft and friendly so I wanted to pet her and she ran away. I tripped on a rock or something and caught myself with my foot rolling under me and fracturing some of the bones. It was all good fun.