Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Massive Lifestyle Change- No results! :(

12346»

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2014
    JackDomingo I have witnessed with my own eyes people who have had surgeries and have never been the same for it and were worse off GI health wise! They couldn't eat or process really much of anything and gained it all back because the mental piece was never addressed

• Discipline is an absolute must if you can't do so, then you do derseve what you look like now.. Everything needs hard work. There are ways to cut corners like surgery. Or taking the long root of proper dieting either way mind set is the MAIN stepping stone everything is part of will power..
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    This is probably an oft-posted subject, but I need help! About 3 weeks ago I decided enough was enough, I felt sick and fat all the time. I am a 30 year old woman, 5'8" and 190lbs. I was eating all day, had a sugar addiction, and was drinking a 6 pack of corona 3 times a week. Also, I was almost completely sedentary, occasional walks. I knew what to do, so I did it!

-Cut down on booze, I have a couple glasses of red wine occ.
    -I quit SUGAR! yay!
    -Cardio 30 minutes 7 days a week
    -Morning yoga and stretches
    -Cut out white flour, bread, pasta, all that
    My diet now consists of eggs, beans, nuts, venison, chicken, vegetables, fruits, and brown rice, sprouted grain bread.
    Totals about 1800 cals. when I know I was eating around 2500 before.

I have completely OVERHAULED my life and I have nothing to show for it.
    190 this morning.
    I don't want to lose hope, but I feel it coming, "the give up"

ANY advice appreciated!

I have been in your spot, and honestly I wore my self down to the point where I couldn't take it anymore, I was doing all of that and not losing anything, I can tell you what worked for me, and what is still working. Take what I say with a grain of salt because i do not claim to know what i am doing :) I currently eat about 1200 calories a day, when I started I went to the gym once a week, I go a bit more now, but I eat my I burned it cals as I call them. I still eat carbs and fat I cut back a lot on the sugar though. Just my personal experience but i feel like the day after the gym I am always a little bit heavier. Don't give up see if you can't just change it up a little bit, do some different exercising, swimming seemed to do a lot for me. But keep your head up. Are you at least feeling healthier? Good luck to you
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    The number one thing that helped me is eating out of a small bowl (or on a saucer) This took the guessing out of it for me. I ate correct portion sizes and that automatically changed to fewer calories. I eat about 1400 on the highest end on any given day. Maybe lower your intake and watch your portion sizes. You will see change in a week by doing that one thing.