Overcome the Craving!!

Options
13»

Replies

• everydayepiphanies
    everydayepiphanies Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This morning I packaged up all of the leftover wrapped candies from the holidays, such as Lindor Truffles, Ghirardelli chocolate, and almond roca. I gave it to my husband to take to work and share with his coworkers. I'm so happy to have that stuff out of my house!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo craving a glass of wine! Been so good all week - but I know I shouldn't!!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    i was digging through a hidden part of my purse and found 4 individually wrapped chocolates that I'm not sure why they're in my purse or when they were put there, but I want one so badly. I keep telling myself that I'm not hungry (I'm not) and that I don't know how old the chocolate is so I shouldn't eat.

Stupid thing is that I can't bring myself to toss them in the garbage. I have my almonds for later, so hopefully that'll keep me from eating potentially rotten chocolate.
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I turned down jam and custard doughnuts!!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem when co-workers bring in birthday doughnuts. They are from a local bakery and are the best glazed doughnuts in the world. Yes, the entire world! :laugh:

But since it isn't very often, I do partake in a little. I limit myself and only have one in the morning and maybe a couple of the hole-bites, then I make sure to keep the rest of the day and exercise in check.

But I think that is progress, where as if I didn't pay attention, I could easily eat 3 or 4 in one day.

I don't want to totally say no, that makes me feel like I'm depriving myself. :noway:
  • kcrojas630
    kcrojas630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did not partake of the carne asada tacos we made at work yesterday! very hard since the aroma was coming into my work trailer.
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am trying really hard not to drink any alcohol from Sunday to Friday and this week I succeeded. I don't a lot during the week, but when my husband cracks a beer it was tough to drink my water, but I did!! Also normally in Fridays I have a bacon egg cheese english muffin and today I decided to have cheerios instead. It was tough but I felt mush better about it!!

Congratulations to everyone in the saying no victories
  • Serenity79
    Options
    I hurt my leg today and my husband wanted to cheer me up and offered to buy me some marshmallows (which I love). I said thank you but no thank you. He said he thought they would be OK because they're low in fat and that he was going to go get them for me, but I held firm and told him there's still calories in them and they still have to be accounted for!!

Also he has two huge tins of sweets left over from Christmas and he keeps them in our bedroom - chocolate is my downfall. But I haven't touched these ones at all! I'm very proud of myself :bigsmile:
  • AshBee092
    AshBee092 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started on here this past week and really hit the gym hard so far. However, I was invited out to dinner twice this week to two of my favorite restaurants and politely declined. What did I do instead? Went to the gym! I turned down Hooters wings and beer while watching basketball for the gym and watching basketball, this is a big deal for me!
  • heavenrain
    heavenrain Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also work in the food industry and it can be very hard. I try to take my breakfast and lunch, so i don't eat at work.
  • Serenity79
    Options
    I'm feeling pre-menstrual and my usual chocolate cravings are kicking in. I had some calories left to play with and I was so tempted just to blow them all (and lets be honest probably more) by digging into a tin of chocolates and 'logging them' :tongue: But I realised I would only be cheating myself after doing so well for the past 3 weeks, so I had a glass of orange juice and enjoyed the sweetness of that and then allowed myself ONE chocolate and then put the tin away. That used my calorie allowance up and now because I have no calories left, for some reason mentally I don't want to eat any more chocolate. When I had calories to spare I just wanted to go crazy and I just know I wouldn't have been able to reign myself in, but now I've logged for the day I 'know I'm done' and I feel like the craving isn't going to win.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!