30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Actually managed to finish the whole workout yesterday(Day2) after modifying the jump rope and just jogging in place. Had to put my weights down a couple times on the bend and press but I made it through the whole workout and burned 380 calories!! I thought it would be horrible cause I was so sore but it actually made my muscles feel better! And later on I was even more sore. lol Can't wait for today's workout!

Just wanted to add that I think my issue on day 1 was that I hadn't had anything to drink combined with too much exertion from the jump rope segment.
    Anyone have soreness in their elbows? Didn't know that was possible. LOL

I'm glad Day 2 went better for you! It's funny you mention about the elbows... I just got done with Day 3 a few minutes ago and my elbows do hurt a little when I outstretch my arms. My major soreness has been my quads, shoulders, and chest. Ow! It's nice, though, that working out takes the pain away.... at list for a little while. :wink:

After Day 3, I'm already seeing a litte improvement with endurance.... I didn't think I'd make progress that quickly. I just have to remember how good I feel after the workout so that I don't let any soreness make me skip a day. I'm worried that if I skip a day, I won't do it again....

Yay us! We're doing it! Good luck everyone!!!
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am glad I finally found this group. I started on Monday as well due to a friend telling me about this DVD. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts so I am sure this has been asked. How do we log this in for our exercise?
    I really find that I hate Jillian. As she is annoying me, I find it fun to aim my punches at her face. :laugh:
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 finshed!!! I'm still sore in my legs and arms but felt like I did more of the workout today, than yesterday. The jump roping and push ups still are hard to do but getting better each day.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    I am glad I finally found this group. I started on Monday as well due to a friend telling me about this DVD. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts so I am sure this has been asked. How do we log this in for our exercise?
    I really find that I hate Jillian. As she is annoying me, I find it fun to aim my punches at her face. :laugh:

Hi! I've been wearing a heart rate monitor that tracks calories. Since 30 DS isn't in the database, I add it myself with the calories that my HRM said I burned. Some others might do it a different way if they don't use a HRM....

As for your aiming punches at Jillian-- that made me litereally laugh out loud. :laugh: I haven't gotten overly annoyed with her yet, but it's only Day 3. Still, any motivation to get through those punches is a good thing. :wink:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

Hilarious! I think I might have too much Jillian in my life. I do aJillian iFit program on my treadmill before and after the 30DS. I guess it's good to channel those punches at someone!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I am total opposite of you ladies. I love Jillian - like female crush love, LOL! I don't know what it is about her. I think I just want her body and maybe that is it...IDK. I like her better on Biggest Loser than this video, it's not the Jillian "I know" - it's a tamed down version.

No matter how much I like her your post made me giggle, too!

I was wondering the same thing about logging this. I, too, wear a heart rate monitor but wasn't sure how to manually add workout totals. Can anyone help?
  • FinishJamie
    FinishJamie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I brought this last weekend after debating over Jillian or Billy Blanks. My daughter said " Don't be scared, you can do it" so I bought it. Today was the first day I took the time to get started so L1D1 for me. I didn't know about this group when I bought the DVD I jumped on this morning so I could figure out how to log the work out appropriately.

Looking forward to this journey!

Glad to know there is support out there!
  • LilSweetie785
    Options
    I am total opposite of you ladies. I love Jillian - like female crush love, LOL! I don't know what it is about her. I think I just want her body and maybe that is it...IDK. I like her better on Biggest Loser than this video, it's not the Jillian "I know" - it's a tamed down version.

No matter how much I like her your post made me giggle, too!

I was wondering the same thing about logging this. I, too, wear a heart rate monitor but wasn't sure how to manually add workout totals. Can anyone help?

I use a HRM also that tells me how many calories i've burned. You click on the exercise tab and then My Exercises under that. You can put the name of your workout, time you spent, and calories burned. I add it everyday.
  • mdhugo
    mdhugo Posts: 1
    Options
    I just found this thread, very excited about starting this workout (will be my first video). Going to start tonight!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I use a HRM also that tells me how many calories i've burned. You click on the exercise tab and then My Exercises under that. You can put the name of your workout, time you spent, and calories burned. I add it everyday.

Thanks!!
  • baward26
    baward26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I'm new here and did L1D1 of 30DS last night. I bought the video a couple of months ago and made it thru 3 days then lost my motivation. BUT I am determined to stick with it this time. I'm pretty out of shape so it may take me more than 30 days but I'm going to do it!

I'm 5'6" and my CW is 170. My GW is 130.
  • chelyy
    chelyy Posts: 3
    Options
    L1D2 - Completed. A little sore from yesterday, but i did it. I feel great !
  • SilverRoxy
    Options
    I have to say....this thread makes me feel so much better! I have a hard time with the bend and presses, its nice to know I'm not alone with some of this stuff. And I though jumping rope in place shouldn't be hard for me but it is.. I'll / We'll get there!!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have to say....this thread makes me feel so much better! I have a hard time with the bend and presses, its nice to know I'm not alone with some of this stuff. And I though jumping rope in place shouldn't be hard for me but it is.. I'll / We'll get there!!

agreed!
  • LilSweetie785
    Options

Definitely! We'll all get there even though it definitely isn't easy!!! I will say i'm curious/scared to see what their gonna make us do in the second workout. At least by then we will have our endurance up and should be able to take it on!!
  • MrsKAddy
    MrsKAddy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So I had my husband pick up the DVD for me yesterday and I was SUPER motivated before I left work. I made it home, played with my daughter and then fell asleep until 9!! UGH!! needless to say I didn't start yesterday but am determined to start today!!! Please hold me accountable!! I totally need it!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report that after major soreness from days 1 and 2, I have practically none from yesterday (day 3). Yay!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    I'm happy to report that after major soreness from days 1 and 2, I have practically none from yesterday (day 3). Yay!

I'm so happy you posted this! !! I was just wondering when (and if) this soreness was going to go away! :ohwell: I did my day 3 workout this morning and was wondering if I'll be walking like a normal person before my vacation from work is over. Hope to feel much better tomorrow! :smile:
  • LeahAnn87
    Options
    So proud of myslf! Yesterday I woke up late so I didn't have time to do L1D2 before work. But I got out of work a little early, did D2, AND went to Zumba! This morning I did L1D3, and as sore as I am, I am really happy to be doing it.

Someone mentioned soreness in their elbows. I get that too, but more on the inside, almost like the tendon between my upper and lower arm is strained.

I still can't get through those stupid pushups though.
  • DinahD144
    DinahD144 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    L1D3 complete!! I'm still really sore, but I'm finding some of the moves getting easier, particularly the cardio and the ab work. My goal is to do the modified version of everything for the first 5 days, then kick it up a notch the last 5 days. I have very little shoulder/chest strength though, and find that the pushups and the side lunge with arm raises are just as brutal as day 1. :sad:

Anything I'm doing now is still better than what I was(n't) doing before!!