30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 1- L1 tonight. It was good- I used 3 lbs weights and will be going up to 5 lbs for sure. I did my cardio after the dvd and wow my legs felt like rubber! I may do cardio then the dvd tomorrow.
  • cre8ivtchr
    Options
    Day one done. Whew. Found my weakest areas. Workouts like this one make you feel good... even though they hurt a little. Good job, everyone!
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This was L1 D2 for me. It feels great to get through this workout. I've been using 3lb weights and I'm able to do everything with those, although my arms are jello. I think I'll keep the 3lb through the 5th day and then move up to 5lbs. I'm going to try to do Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga in the mornings and then 30ds in the evenings. I just need the motivation to work out twice a day.
    Good job everyone!!!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Count me in. The most difficult part was taking before pictures! Hope I'm not the only one who whined thru the first circuit. LG
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    oh shoot i just saw this if i would've known i would've gotten the dvd this week-end now until wednesday i won't have a car, maybe i can still be in the group and start on wed the 12 and finish 30 days later? would taht be ok?

Buckwheat38 - absolutely join in when you get it! We'll all still be on Level 1, just like you!

Good work today everyone - I've enjoyed reading your posts. Sounds like we'll all sleep well tonight. :wink:
  • luvmy3kidz
    Options
    This thread is the best! I just finished my second Day 1 Level 1 workout for the day. My doing the circuit this past Fri and Sat opened my eyes to what was to come. I needed to go through the discomfort and so that I could be worked out physically and mentally to start and complete the 30 days consecutively.

Today a GREAT start day!

My goal is twice a day.
  • nthnswmn
    Options
    Day 1 done. I'm thankful for this thread and the motivation it's giving me.
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh my !!. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow. My arms and legs are jelly. lol I can do this.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Well I did it.. It wasn't pretty, I managed to do Level 1, I had to stop for about 5 seconds 2-3 times but I made it all the way to the end. I felt pretty good til I sat down...now not so sure what will happen when I get up. I will be back for more punishment tomorrow:tongue:
  • jojuvanlaanen
    jojuvanlaanen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Funny! I just started this today, actually just finished about an hour ago, and I just found this thread. I'm definitely in! Iv already taken measurements and pics. So glad I found this thread!
  • bsh81
    bsh81 Posts: 9
    Options
    L1D1 complete! whew!!! that first circuit kicked my butt...

For everyone saying they might be too sore to continue on to day 2, let me tell you this (although please note that i am nowhere near an expert, and am waaaaaaay out of shape myself). When I previously tried the 30DS, I was VERY sore on the morning / afternoon of L1D2. I did the workout anyway, and it felt great! I was in less pain the morning of D3. So in my humble little opinion.....push through the sore! It will get better!!!
  • LilSweetie785
    Options
    Gosh everyone must be in way better shape than me! lol I made right before the cool down and couldn't manage to pull off the last jump rope. I sat down drank some water and ended up having to lay on the floor with my pants off, nauseous, headache, light headed for 10-15min. Took awhile to recover and didn't get any house work done. lol My HRM watch said I burned 160cal but idk I couldn't get it to read my HR 1/3 through cause I was sweating under the watch and it wouldn't read my HR.

Anyone else get nauseous, headache, light headed? I did everything modified but those jump ropes are killer. It's kinda hard to modify that. It's been about 3-4yrs since i've been active. Was 155 when I graduated HS in 05' and am 176 now(was actually 150 about 6wks postpartum after baby #2 born dec 09). So not sure if maybe I just overexerted myself or what.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Gosh everyone must be in way better shape than me! lol I made right before the cool down and couldn't manage to pull off the last jump rope. I sat down drank some water and ended up having to lay on the floor with my pants off, nauseous, headache, light headed for 10-15min. Took awhile to recover and didn't get any house work done. lol My HRM watch said I burned 160cal but idk I couldn't get it to read my HR 1/3 through cause I was sweating under the watch and it wouldn't read my HR.

Anyone else get nauseous, headache, light headed? I did everything modified but those jump ropes are killer. It's kinda hard to modify that. It's been about 3-4yrs since i've been active. Was 155 when I graduated HS in 05' and am 176 now(was actually 150 about 6wks postpartum after baby #2 born dec 09). So not sure if maybe I just overexerted myself or what.

Hi! I don't think that you're alone feeling that way. I think that, while 30 DS is doable for all fitness levels to some extent, it helps to have eased back into working out prior to starting. I've been consistently back into working out for almost two months. I really think that helped me. That said, like I mentioned in my earlier post, I still had to take some five second breaks and do some of the modified exercises. Don't feel badly about modifying or taking those breaks. Soon, we'll realize that we don't need as many breaks and then none at all. Even though it's recommended to stay at each level for 10 days, there's no shame in staying there a little longer if we have to. :smile: You tried it (and there's kudos for that) and you finished it--that's what matters. Also, make sure that you've had something to eat and that you're hydrated. I was tempted to do this before breakfast, but I remember in the past that when I tried to workout on a completely empty stomach and little water, I felt like I was going to pass out/get sick. Not saying to do this immediately after eating; that could make us sick, too, but we should at least have had a snack an hour or so before. :smile:

Awesome job! We can totally do this!!! :happy:
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 2-little soar from day 1 but come on we can do this, add me if u wnat so we can help the motivation
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I started this a day before you ladies! So I'm a day ahead but I will join you if its ok?

Last night was L1D2... it killed me! I was sweaty, and breathless and clammy and faint! GRRR!!! But after about 30 mins I felt great. My abs are killing my thighs are killing and my back is killing... all worth it in the end though...
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I modify the jump ropes by jogging instead of jumping. That helps me on the first circuit and then I find by circuit 3 I'm able to jump. The only time I get lightheaded is when i stand up after doing the chest flys, so I just try to get up slowly.

Definitely feeling my calves this morning but excited to do my workout when I get home from work!!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This group is for anyone starting Jillian Michael's Shred on Monday, January 10th, 2011

What You'll Need:
    1. All you need to do is pick up Jillian Michael's 30 Day workout DVD at Walmart, London Drugs or any such place (about $10).
    2. You'll also need a pair of hand weights (3 or 5 pounds to start) or even just a couple of soup cans or water bottles used as hand weights will do!
    3. If you're exercising on hardwoods you may want something non-slip such as a yoga mat for the floor work.

What To Expect:
    1. There are three levels in this workout. Each level is done for 10 days before you progress to the next. The idea being you do Level 1 for 10 days, move onto Level 2 for 10 days and finish up with Level 3 for 10 days (you can do each level longer or shorter depending on your fitness level).
    2. Each level runs approximately 25 minutes in length. Each will include a warm up, 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs (3-2-1 method repeated 3 times, each circuit with different moves) and finally a cool down.

What To Do:
    1. Start on January 10th, 2011!
    2. Take your before measurements. Measure each arm (thickest part), each thigh (thickest part), upper waist (smallest) and lower waist (at your belly button), and your hips (biggest part). Write it down. You'll be glad you did when you compare your measurements at the end of 30 days! You can also take front, back and side pictures in the same outfit Day 1 and Day 30. Sometimes your body's changes aren't visible to you until you see the final results.
    3. Share the 30 day journey here. Stay accountable in this forum.

Good luck fellow Shredders!

oh shoot i just saw this if i would've known i would've gotten the dvd this week-end now until wednesday i won't have a car, maybe i can still be in the group and start on wed the 12 and finish 30 days later? would taht be ok?

Welcome..... Lets get your but going girl!!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well I did it!!! L1D2 yesterday... On top of that I did a step aerobics class last night....
    Sore today.. it's all good!!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    About how long are each day's routine?
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    might as well join in... took measurements a week ago and just happened to start the video yesterday. I liked it alot.. Last winter I completed the P90X series and have been trying to get back into it but with working shift work, find every excuse not to keep with it... there is absolutely NO excuse unless you are physically ill not to fit in 20-30 minutes!!! After the holidays it is a MUCH NEEDED 20-30 minutes... I slacked off and gained at least ten pounds... ugh!!! Bring it on... fun fun fun!!! Hello DAY#2 :bigsmile: