30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• crywrld
    crywrld Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Count me in for this challenge. I have quite a bit of weight to lose and I really need some motivation to get started. I think this will help me get started on my fitness goals, and I am trying to get my family in on this too. I am buying the DVD this weekend. Cheers to the next 30 days! We're in this together! :smile:

2928070.png
    -

Come on little butterfly! Keep going!!!:happy:
  • Evette76
    Options
    I'm going to look for the DVD this weekend!!! Just started and need lots of motiviation :)
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you're having troubles finding The 30 Day Shred in time for Monday, it is available for download: http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/p-2252-30-day-shred-complete-video-download.aspx
  • mythreeguys
    Options
    I am in! I just actually ordered it earlier this week. This will be great to have a group to do it with. :)
  • beckyprice
    Options
    im in ..i actually went out and bought the dvd and some of jillian weights on the 30 of dec ...started it on the first:ohwell: , but wasnt no one really backing me up:cry: .. so i skipped a couple of days due to body hurting:sad: and have to pull a double at work:explode: ...but i am going to buckle down on this..

i just start this program( my fitnesspal) on the 3rd i think not really sure how it all really works.. the reason why im doing it is because im 22 years old and im tired of shopping in the plus sizes they really dont make cute plus size clothes:huh: :mad: :angry: :explode: ... i got questions hopefully someone can help:

where can i get a measuring tape?
    what do i put on my exercise chart for the 30 day shred?
    should i buy the outfit that size i want to get into to make myself push?
    or should i wait until i think i get down to that size then start buying clothes?

:smile: i want to become an "after"
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    Ya!! Welcome newcomers. Glad to have you! Enjoy this weekend. Monday is coming fast.

Found out this morning I'm excpecting baby #2 - we started trying last month as we wanted our babies close in age. We got it! 17 months apart. Anyway, my last pregnancy I didn't do any exercise. To lose the baby weight first time around I began excercising and tracking my calories. Fell in love with exercise and can't imagine not keeping with it. So I'm still Shredding starting Monday! I'll be with you the entire 30 days. :happy:
  • ssmith47
    ssmith47 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    just got the video today! would love to join your group. I love Jillian, she is so motivating! Honestly though, I am a little scared LOL
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    Honestly though, I am a little scared LOL

ssmith47 - Welcome! Don't be scared. We're all in it together. Power in numbers, right? Let's conquer it together.
  • lcardinal
    Options
    Congrats 911girl on your pregnancy.
    I am glad to find this group, I want to start something and to have everyone supporting each other is great.
    I have had the 30 day shred for quite some time now, but only watched it. of course there is no calorie burn from the coach.
    It will be great to actually use it and get some results.
    Looking forward to participating in all of your successes.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I've had the 30 DS dvd for awhile but never tried it! Too scared to make the 30 day committment I guess. :wink: I think Jan. 10 sounds as good a time as any! Whatever I can do to get my prepregnancy body back (or an even better version of that) I'm game for!!! So, I'd love to join you! Can't wait! :smile:
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    lcardinal - Thank you very much for the congrats! Big welcome to you and vlevasseur.

There's still time to join for anyone who's on the fence!
  • wcole1994
    wcole1994 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I bought the dvd a while ago but haven't tried it yet.
  • marix27
    marix27 Posts: 28
    Options
    i think i'm in, i literally just got the DVD yesterday. i don't know if i'll be able to keep up but i'll do my best!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    Welcome wonderful newcomers! Glad you joined. :happy:
    We're all going to get through this together.
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Have heard so much great stuff about this video (and that it totally kicks your behind). I may have to go out and get it. Started the Slim in Six and found I could barely sit to "use the bathroom facilities" after 2 days. Heard Jillian's squats are even worse (read "better"). Good luck to all!
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Ok, count me in too. I have never done anything like it before, and I still need to run out and get the dvd, but maybe if I think that everyone is going to hold me accountable.right? I will get moving. I have a long term goal of 48 lbs to lose but my short term goal is March 6 when I leave for Cabo, I really would like to just be comfortable in my own skin. I will do this!!!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    Suzeesmu - I'm a Slim in 6 graduate! I know that pain! Hahaha! I did my first round of the Shred following SI6. Maybe you will, too!

misskimlilac - Welcome! Glad to have you. It will totally keep you accountable. We have the same short-goals. We're doing Cabo (as well as a couple of other Mexican Riviera spots) on a cruise come Spring Break (late March). Good luck to you!
  • jessica_A
    Options
    I actually just got the dvd I'm in. I can't wait to start.

Finally some use for my weights :)
  • cre8ivtchr
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to MFP - LOVE IT so far! There is so much information to learn when you are trying to undo the food habits you've accumulated for 38 years. I really appreciate reading these posts - thank you for giving your tidbits and encouragement. This is exactly what I need!

I just bought the 30 Day Shred yesterday because it was on sale and has great reviews. I'm excited to start it. I will most definitely join this group! Support is a wonderful thing.

I have a question and would love to hear your opinions and knowledge. I am allowed 1200 calories a day. I have not mentally conquered my struggle to think I'm hungry so I always go way over my 1200 each day. I have been faithfully exercising each night in order to burn off the excess calories. If I only do the 30 Day Shred workout, I have a feeling that will not be enough exercise to burn off my extra calorie consumption.

What are your thoughts on doing the ski machine or riding my bike on the trainer for a half hour before I do the 30 Day Shred workout? From what I understand I won't have the strength to do it afterwards. :smile:

Thank you in advance for your input!
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. I'm kinda scared. I have a whole library of videos that have collected dust. My buddy misskimlilac will keep me accountable.