Im In , Thanks !
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes I will Happy:smile: !
  • mrsbarton
    mrsbarton Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!! i will stay in with the form and begin my 30 days tomorrow jan 10th! good luck everyone!!! this is going to be fun!!!!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yay!! More newcomers. Welcome Ladies. Glad to have you along on this journey.

I have a question and would love to hear your opinions and knowledge. I am allowed 1200 calories a day. I have not mentally conquered my struggle to think I'm hungry so I always go way over my 1200 each day. I have been faithfully exercising each night in order to burn off the excess calories. If I only do the 30 Day Shred workout, I have a feeling that will not be enough exercise to burn off my extra calorie consumption.

What are your thoughts on doing the ski machine or riding my bike on the trainer for a half hour before I do the 30 Day Shred workout? From what I understand I won't have the strength to do it afterwards. :smile:

cre8ivtchr - I would log your exercise as "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" for 20 minutes (unless you have a Heart Rate Monitor and track exactly what you're burning). I would eat your 1,200 plus your exercise calories. Depending on how much you have to lose, you may need to adjust your calories accordingly to lose your desired amount (1 to 2 pounds per week). For example, you burn 200 calories doing 20 minutes of The Shred, eat those plus your daily allotment (1,400 calories). MFP will tell you exactly what you can eat to lose the weight based on the info your provided.

Also, as for incorporting extra cardio for 30 minutes, see you how you feel. Try it out, if you feel like you don't have enough energy to give the 30 Day Shred a good effort, scale back on the cardio before hand. Or, you could try doing the Shred in the morning and your cardio in the afternoon. Breaking it up might be easier. Make sure you log those calories burned, too so you're eating enough. You don't want to put your body into starvation mode - it will cling to every bit of body fat for fear it's starving and you won't lose.

Hope this helps!
  • cre8ivtchr
    Options
    Thank you 911Girl! Thanks for starting this challenge, also!
  • twinsmom00
    Options
    I'm new to this site and am loving everything about it! I bought this DVD yesterday and actually started it today, so I'd like to join everyone on this journey! Looking forward to seeing results 30 days from now :)
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Count me in!! I use to do the 30 day Shred but haven't in months and ready to do it again!
  • LilSweetie785
    Options
    Well i'm hoping to do this! I just joined MFP on the 7th and have already noticed some of my bad habits I need to stop but overall the exercise I need that I am not getting. After two babies and eating ice cream(to "increase" fat content in my milk... stupid pedi) it is time to get back in those skinny jeans! I am going to Walmart tonight and will see if they have a copy there. Hope I can join you ladies tomorrow on this journey!!

Jess
  • Jessie1964
    Options
    I just bought the DVD today, count me in. I'm looking forward to losing with everyone!!!!:smile:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's the day! Can't wait! I was wondering.... Is everyone planning on doing this for 30 consecutive days? I'm assuming that's the way it's supposed to be done, but I was wondering if anyone was planning on taking a rest day each week? I'd like to do whatever is instructed so that I get the best possible results, but I haven't watched any part of the DVD yet so I'm not sure if JM discusses this....

Have a good first day of 30DS tomorrow, everyone!! :smile:
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Count me in,. I just joined a different thread about 30ds but they started Jan1 so I was happy to find this thread. I started exercising and losing weight 2 years ago and was doing really well. I lost almost 20 lbs while doing a "Biggest Loser" at work. I stayed pretty consistent after that and then slowly decreased my workouts and increased my weight, I got on a scale today and found out that I gained all my weight back. So, today is the start of my next journey into weight loss. I'm looking forward to fitting into my jeans once again.
  • cre8ivtchr
    Options
    I was wondering about rest days, too. Especially if the body is saying it needs it. I would be interested to hear what people are thinking, too since this is supposed to be such an intense workout. Thanks.
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I just joined MFP on Thursday and I just got my Shred DVD back from my sister! I'm also doing a "Biggest Loser" group with some friends so I want to KICK MY OWN BUTT!!
  • colene617
    Options
    I'm in too! DVD, weights and workout clothes are ready for the morning!
  • sarbeargb
    Options
    I'm in! Done the 30 Day Shred before and I love it! One of the more rewarding 30 minute workout DVDs I've ever done.
  • LeahAnn87
    Options
    Glad I saw this thread! I have done the Shred before, but never for the whole 30 days. Excited to start tomorrow.

Also curious about rest days as some have said. And is everyone planning on increasing from level 1 to level 2 after 10 days?
  • denise309
    Options
    HI girl
    New here
    Congrats on Pregnancy #2, my friend had her girls 17 months apart and LOVED it

I just bought 30 day shred today...and I wanna start it, heres where I am scared, I work as an RN on the 7p-7a shift, I HAVE NOT done ANY working out in a LONG time, is this OK to start with? I work Monday night then off til Thurs, will I be able to walk after I start? LOL

Thanks

Edited to add: I just watched the DVD and their is a girl doing the exercises modified for us beginners, I REALLY hope I can do this LOL

I also want to add that I will be missing a day or 2 due to my work scheduel, if I have to work 2 days in a row I wont be able to workout the second day d/t not a lot of sleep and I will measure tomorrow night when I get to work and can get my hands on a tape measure!!!
  • lindaswelker
    Options
    I'm in :smile: . Thanks for the group.
  • krista42
    Options
    I was actually planning on starting the 30DS tomorrow! So count me in.
  • LeonKee
    Options
    Jillian ROCKS.... So does her 30 day Shred... I graduated yesterday to Level 2, and it's KICKS *kitten* !!
    It's a great work out, in just 20 minutes, and Jillian keeps you motivated through it.

I am making progress with it, and so far its only the exercise videos I am using for my work out ...

All friends on the MFP community, LET'S DO IT TOGETHER !!