Brides on a Mission: Week 2

Options
Welcome to week 2 brides!

I am so glad to see such a great turn out for our first week! I didn’t think this would be such a hit, but I should have known there are so many people around the world that have the same goals as I do. Also, thanks everyone for posting your wedding dress pictures! It is so awesome to see everyone looking beautiful! :tongue:

Just to clarify some things:
1. Whatever day you normally weigh in on, use that day. Just made a new post within our group thread. (I weigh in on Thursdays, so I will post my weekly weight loss on Thursday of this week’s thread)
2. I will start a new thread each week. (Next week look for Brides on a Mission: week 3)
3. I will start to post the thread on Sunday nights before I go to bed. I live in Chicago, Illinois so that will be around 9pm central time. I hope this will help if some people want to work on this Monday before they go to work or live in a part of the world where it’s a different day already!
4. The “weekly wrap up” question is just asking you to summarize your past week and anything you want to share with the group about how it went.
5. Any other questions? Sorry to have confused everyone this week. I haven’t done anything like this before and sometimes it is easier said than done!

:smile: Week 2 challenge: For this weeks' challenge we are going to work on putting the RIGHT things in our body as we lose weight. Often we focus on the calories/fat and not necessarily the right nutrition. Our challenge this week is to increase our serving of fruits and veggies each day. You may be wondering what the "right" number of servings is - well that is always an ongoing debate. You can check out this site http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/ to use the calculator. That can serve as a starting point. If you are like most people you may not be eating any servings on a regular basis. This week lets all work to increase it and share our results with the group. (Thanks Becky11785 for coming up with this great challenge!!! :happy: )

Just for fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfvWz6IzoXw&feature=fvsr Would you do this for a dress!? Did you do this for your dress?!

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1.Name:
2.Age:
3.City:
4.Occupation:
5.Wedding date:
6.Fiancés name:
7.How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8.Heaviest weight:
9.Goal weight and date:
10.Favorite type of exercise:
11.Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 2 (Please copy and paste this section into your post)
1.Weight loss/inches lost:
2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!):
5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share:
6.What do you do for a really intense work out:
7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day):
8.Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 2
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: I will check back in on Thursday when I weigh in
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Spent the weekend helping at our church Confirmation retreat. It was a great time catching up with old friends!
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Getting over passing kidney stones! I also found out that I am not getting enough calories (my body went into shock I guess) and is a large reason why I haven't lost weight since I started MFP. I need to eat more, thats always good!
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): I dont have a dress yet. I love V-neck or sweatheart necklines. I am thinking of either a mini ballgown or just a classic A-line dress.
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: Pick flowers that are in season, they are usually less expensive. Also, use other things then flower for centerpieces; candles, branches, or add seasonal fruit or veggies into a flower arrangment to cut cost.
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: kickboxing, the stepper
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): The first day or 2 I didn't do that great since I was sick. I have been doing awesome everyday since and I drank 11 glasses today!
    8.Weekly wrap up: Just trying to get back into the swing of things after being sick last week and starting school up again. I ate more yesterday and today and I feel better. I was always hungry before and I haven't really been today or yesterday. I started a C25K program today and am feeling a little like jello but can't wait to keep going with it!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    bump .....my weigh in day is wensdays so ill be posting mine wensday morning.. see ya then
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: 1.2 pounds lost

2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Feeling well enough to be able to work out again!

3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I have started eating before i go to bed, not bad food just a habit i should try to avoid

4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): I kinda want a fitted one since i am working so hard to lost this weight, if you want to see here is a link of one that i really like: http://www.davincibridal.com/images/large thumb/8376FM.jpg
    I also really like:
    http://www.davincibridal.com/images/large thumb/8318FM.jpg

5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: getting a venue that takes care of a lot of the stuff for you, if you don't have to use seperate people for food, cake, drink, place settings, etc you can save a lot of money

6.What do you do for a really intense work out: the elliptical because it burns a lot of calories and really gets me sweating

7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): really well I think I didn't do it 1 time this week.

8.Weekly wrap up: This week was really good for me, I felt well enough to work out again, I made myself a work out calendar, and I was able to burn the couple pounds i put on over the holidays and another pound to boot!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Bump... need to keep this on my list!

Shannon
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: I finally weighed myself fafter the holidays and I gained 5lbs
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I logged on the weekend!
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Finding out how much I gained
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): Halter style
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: Nope, that's why I get extra money taken off my pay cheque for taxes
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: Zumba
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I have no problem drinking 9+ glasses a day
    8.Weekly wrap up: I am motivated to lose! I just measured myself and I increased 2 inches in my boobs...I have a raging case of PMS right now so that might also be the reason behind my weight gain...so after mother nature decides to p!ss off I'll weigh myself again.
  • mrsmacg2b
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: Lost 4lb in Brides on a mission Week 1 - doing another challenge in addition has helped
    2.Highlight of the past week: Got confirmation that I ccan pick up my dress this weekend - SUPER excited.
    3.Lowlight of the past week: Tried the C25K but my lower legs get really painful - I think its called shin splints but I can't find any suggestions how I can help it - maybe other brides have had the same issues?
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have : strapless A-line dress with lots of detail and a train. Unfortunately its been discontinued on 31st Dec so I have no available link but I will post a pic of the big day (14th May this year)
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: If you have talented family use their skills, they'll be really chuffed you asked and it'll be so much more personal. I've got professional relatives to make the cake, do the hairdressing and the flowers which saved us LOADS and we get exactly what we've asked for.
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: Aerobics with weights - putting lots of effort in and changing it so it doesn't get too easy
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I drunk at least 6 - I rarely drink water on its own so getting 8 everyday has been a bit tough but I have had a few cups of tea in between
    8.Weekly wrap up: The 2nd week of any diet challenge is always the toughest so don't get upset if things don't go so well this week or you don't lose as much as last week. Stick at it and come back for Week 3!!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: Lost 3.6lbs!!! my weigh in day is usually a friday but this was yesterdays weight.

2.Highlight of the past week: went to view a wedding venue on saturday and loved it! booked an appointment to view another venue for this coming sunday.

3.Lowlight of the past week: Took my sister back to uni :-( will mis her!

4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have : have no idea!!!!

5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: withdraw cash from your bank account to survive the month. Ie - spenders and petrol. LEAVE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT ALONE and transfer the surplus at the end of the month to your wedding saving account!

6.What do you do for a really intense work out: run. run. run!!

7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I failed miserably! I am usually VERY good at my water intake but for some reason just failed last week! so i'll try it this week alonmg with the new challenge.

8.Weekly wrap up: Really good weight loss last week so need to keep it up this week! xx
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: Lost 4lb in Brides on a mission Week 1 - doing another challenge in addition has helped
    2.Highlight of the past week: Got confirmation that I ccan pick up my dress this weekend - SUPER excited.
    3.Lowlight of the past week: Tried the C25K but my lower legs get really painful - I think its called shin splints but I can't find any suggestions how I can help it - maybe other brides have had the same issues?
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have : strapless A-line dress with lots of detail and a train. Unfortunately its been discontinued on 31st Dec so I have no available link but I will post a pic of the big day (14th May this year)
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: If you have talented family use their skills, they'll be really chuffed you asked and it'll be so much more personal. I've got professional relatives to make the cake, do the hairdressing and the flowers which saved us LOADS and we get exactly what we've asked for.
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: Aerobics with weights - putting lots of effort in and changing it so it doesn't get too easy
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I drunk at least 6 - I rarely drink water on its own so getting 8 everyday has been a bit tough but I have had a few cups of tea in between
    8.Weekly wrap up: The 2nd week of any diet challenge is always the toughest so don't get upset if things don't go so well this week or you don't lose as much as last week. Stick at it and come back for Week 3!!

Awesome to hear about your weight loss!!! Also, I drink a lot of tea too. I always count that as water. As long as you dont put sugar in it...it is technically still water. I also will count anything that doesn't have sugar/calories as water....such as crystal light. Try putting some lemon or grapefruit into your water, it makes it taste so much better! Please stick with it! You can do it and take one step at a time. :happy:
  • Jenny421
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: 3lbs lost! woohoo!! I started last Monday and already lost weight, super excited, I started working out today. So hopefully next week will be better!
    2.Highlight of the past week: my sisters birthday which I was thinking about all week because of course I knew there would be cake...I did a good job passing on the cake..lol
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Realizing my finances for my wedding :0/
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): Ive had my dress for about 6 months already, strapless with beads and detail by the waist , pretty simple which is my style and ivory color. Has a train..
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: alot of the things you can make on your own to save money, its time consuming but it will save you in the long run and you can use that money for other things. So far I'm making my own souvenirs (photo albums) and my programs.
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: I just started working out so I dont know about intense, my sister is a beachbody coach so she gave me her 30 minute shakeology cd's. She's passed that stage so she handed them down. Gotta start somewhere...
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I am doing better, last week I drank about 5-6 glasses of water a day but I also drink about 3 cups of green tea so I think that may count. The weekend is rough because I dont have bottled water at home which i need to work on getting so I drink less on the weekends. This week I am keeping a full container of water and just fill up when my cup is empty. That might help more.
    8.Weekly wrap up: I made it through the week and so proud of myself. Lost 3lbs so far and I am so feeling it this time. I knew working out would be my weakness but I'm gonna make it happen, hopefully I can lose a few more pounds this week...
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am new on here but today is my weigh in day so I am posting for the first time!! :) You all are doing so great!

1. Weight loss: 2 pounds YESsss!
    2. Highlight of the past week: Had 5 awesome days off from work and school and got to spend that time either at the gym or with FH!! :)
    3. Lowlight: FH left to go to work in NC for two weeks.. :(
    4. Style of dress: I have had my dress for about 5 months and am SOOO in love with it! It is very simple in the front with an A line, and beads just above the hips. Strapless. In the back is where all the drama lays..the train is full of beads and it is beautiful! I wish I had a picture on my computer but I only have one on my phone bc I don't want FH to see it! ;) But, if you want to look it up it is at David's Bridal and the number or style of the dress is ct13.
    5. Saving ideas: Homemade engagement pictures! We did this and didn't pay a penny for our engagement pictures. Just have a bridesmaid or a friend do them!
    6. Intense workout: Taebo, running and stair climber in the same workout! :) Kicks your butt!!
    7. H2O challenge: I wasn't on this thread the first week but I did do pretty good with the water!
    8. I feel so good after these last 2 weeks of being on MFP and losing 2lbs. I have done MFP before and lost 30lbs but gained half of it back! :( So, I am here to tell you that it does work!! I hope to have a great week this week with workouts and focus a lot on my core and arms!! Good luck to everyone this week!!!!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Getting to know each other
    1.Name: Lyndsey
    2.Age: 28
    3.City: Suffield, CT
    4.Occupation: Payroll Coordinator
    5.Wedding date: 9/29/2012
    6.Fiancés name: Jason
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: it will be 2 years on 2/7/11
    8.Heaviest weight: 285ish...
    9.Goal weight and date: STG: 30 lbs lost by Florida vacation 3/17/11
    10.Favorite type of exercise: elliptical
    11.Favorite healthy food: lately-edamame beans

1.Weight loss/inches lost: 3.4 lbs...
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): not much, I was sick all week!
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): focusing on the weekends/eating right on the weekends, drinking more water on the weekends
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): see pic below
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: This is actually a tip from my fiance's friend's wife-Rent the limo(s) from a funeral home, the price is a lot lower (seems a bit creepy for me though)
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: elliptical, Jillian Michaels 30D Shred
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): really well, even though I was sick all week...I usually drink a lot of water
    8.Weekly wrap up: not bad in terms of weight loss, since I didn't work out all week due to being sick

My top pick for a dress:
    2d5eebbf-75b7-4d85-b089-d0f62b415af6.enlargedNormal.jpg
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): I kinda want a fitted one since i am working so hard to lost this weight, if you want to see here is a link of one that i really like: http://www.davincibridal.com/images/large thumb/8376FM.jpg
    I also really like:
    http://www.davincibridal.com/images/large thumb/8318FM.jpg

Eaglesfan, I really love the second dress. Both of them look almost like a corset that cinches you in. I love the drama of the second one... all of the details are amazing. Did you try either on yet?*curious* I guess it depends what look you're going for... simple or fancy?;-)

Shannon
  • fireheada
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: 4 pounds

2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Locked in my reception site

3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): trying on 6 dresses to go to a party before I found one I could get my butt into!!!!

4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): I went with a really basic corset style dress, I posted pictures of it in my photo section on my profile

5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: Let me think on that....I have just begun my planning

6.What do you do for a really intense work out: p90x

7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I did really well until the weekend....then I just lost track of the water intake

8.Weekly wrap up: I have really enjoyed al of your support! Keep the pictures of the dresses coming and throw in some rings too!

SW 152
    CW 148
    GW 125
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Getting to know each other
    1.Name: Lyndsey
    2.Age: 28
    3.City: Suffield, CT
    4.Occupation: Payroll Coordinator
    5.Wedding date: 9/29/2012
    6.Fiancés name: Jason
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: it will be 2 years on 2/7/11
    8.Heaviest weight: 285ish...
    9.Goal weight and date: STG: 30 lbs lost by Florida vacation 3/17/11
    10.Favorite type of exercise: elliptical
    11.Favorite healthy food: lately-edamame beans

1.Weight loss/inches lost: 3.4 lbs...
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): not much, I was sick all week!
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): focusing on the weekends/eating right on the weekends, drinking more water on the weekends
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): see pic below
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: This is actually a tip from my fiance's friend's wife-Rent the limo(s) from a funeral home, the price is a lot lower (seems a bit creepy for me though)
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: elliptical, Jillian Michaels 30D Shred
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): really well, even though I was sick all week...I usually drink a lot of water
    8.Weekly wrap up: not bad in terms of weight loss, since I didn't work out all week due to being sick

My top pick for a dress:
    2d5eebbf-75b7-4d85-b089-d0f62b415af6.enlargedNormal.jpg

oh that's beautiful! I love how it gathers across the midsection...
  • fireheada
    Options
    I just fnished reading all the posts and everyone did so well last week.....lets keep it up!
  • scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am new on here but today is my weigh in day so I am posting for the first time!! :) You all are doing so great!

1. Weight loss: 2 pounds YESsss!
    2. Highlight of the past week: Had 5 awesome days off from work and school and got to spend that time either at the gym or with FH!! :)
    3. Lowlight: FH left to go to work in NC for two weeks.. :(
    4. Style of dress: I have had my dress for about 5 months and am SOOO in love with it! It is very simple in the front with an A line, and beads just above the hips. Strapless. In the back is where all the drama lays..the train is full of beads and it is beautiful! I wish I had a picture on my computer but I only have one on my phone bc I don't want FH to see it! ;) But, if you want to look it up it is at David's Bridal and the number or style of the dress is ct13.
    5. Saving ideas: Homemade engagement pictures! We did this and didn't pay a penny for our engagement pictures. Just have a bridesmaid or a friend do them!
    6. Intense workout: Taebo, running and stair climber in the same workout! :) Kicks your butt!!
    7. H2O challenge: I wasn't on this thread the first week but I did do pretty good with the water!
    8. I feel so good after these last 2 weeks of being on MFP and losing 2lbs. I have done MFP before and lost 30lbs but gained half of it back! :( So, I am here to tell you that it does work!! I hope to have a great week this week with workouts and focus a lot on my core and arms!! Good luck to everyone this week!!!!

I meant the dress number is ct314! OOPS!
  • fireheada
    Options
    For those who have already gotten their invatations would you mind sharing the website/place you got them from?
  • fbrandye
    Options
    1.Name: Brandye
    2.Age: 25
    3.City: Cheyenne
    4.Occupation: Own/Operate a 24/7 home daycare
    5.Wedding date: June 23, 2011
    6.Fiancés name: Matthew
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4years 5months
    8.Heaviest weight: 185
    9.Goal weight and date: G1=170 March 31 G2=160 June 1
    10.Favorite type of exercise: Dancing (hip hop Abs)
    11.Favorite healthy food: yogurt

1.Weight loss/inches lost: Well I wasn't on the board last week but I lost 2 lbs
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): got an email that said part of my wedding attire was in
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): school started :(
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week
    IMG_0620.jpg
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: We were given money by my mom but I knew I was going to need alittle more so I got an index card box with dividers and labeled them for different things and how much I need in there, everytime I have cash it goes in the box and every paycheck I put what I said I would in there.
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: go to the gym with my fiance
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I do pretty well with the water because I love crystal light.... that is my drink of choice
    8.Weekly wrap up: Just hoping to do my excercise everyday this week
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: I'm doing monthly weigh ins, because I get unhealthily obsessed with the scale when I do more.
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I had an art show opening at a gallery- It is my first full show at a legit gallery- and it went awesome!
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I stayed mostly in my calorie goals this week, but I'm really having trouble curbing late night snacking.- My goal this week is no eating after 8pm. It's gonna be really hard for me.
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): I'm kinda a crazy hippie, so I'm leaning toward something bohemian style.
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: No, but I could use some!
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: I run up and down the basement stairs as fast as I can as long as I can until my legs basically give way.
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I did it every day!
    8.Weekly wrap up: I've been working out like a rockstar, now I gotta stop my late night snacks. I just have to or I'll never make my goals.
  • danni31487
    Options
    1.Name: Dannielle
    2.Age: 23
    3.City: hudson
    4.Occupation: outreach worker, mental health agency
    5.Wedding date: 4/30/11
    6.Fiancés name: Jared <3
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: about 3yrs
    8.Heaviest weight: 190
    9.Goal weight and date: 165 4/1/11
    10.Favorite type of exercise: Cardio, weights
    11.Favorite healthy food: egg whites, yogurt, hummis, syrian bread, fruits, vegies, tuna, syrian pizza!

1.Weight loss/inches lost: 2 pounds since last weds now its saying 1pound =(
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): went to the gym 5times!
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): not seeing all friends
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): Aline, chiffon, beading white dress =)
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: buy ur invitation through michaels then print them out staples, try to get a good package deal, and go to a local boutique some may not charge for fittings but just the dress other than davids bridal where you pay a fortune!
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: cardio (elipitcal)
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): ohh I did good I am always drinking water!
    8.Weekly wrap up: Over all no huge results! tried my best went to the gym 5times, ate healthy, stayed within my calorie intake besides one day kinda frustrating