4.Occupation: labelling technitian
    5.Wedding date: may 2012
    6.Fiancés name: michael
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: 7 years
    8.Heaviest weight: 203lbs
    9.Goal weight and date: 147lbs
    10.Favorite type of exercise: zumba
    11.Favorite healthy food: yogurts, weightwatcherpuddings

Im new only started my diet last week but am struggling already am on maternity leave at mo so at home all the time with too many temptations plus are going through a move so am really stressed. any support and tips would be welcome really dont want to be a fat bride!!!!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 2
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: stayed the same 146.8

2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): started weight training n such with lunges n squats with weights n pilates on my off days....

3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):realizing that me doing or starting this weight training n pilaties creates muscle n muscle is heavier than fat....so there for i was getting diapointed everyday as i was gaining (.2)on the scale but come to find out i was gainning muscle......ive been at this weight trainning thing almost a week now...
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!):seeing how me n my hubby are eloping it dont matter if its white or colord n i would like to be able to wear it again if i could....i like dressed that are strapless...

5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: no money saved were going on what i get for tax money back...im making my cake myself n decorating it...taking my own pictures n such.. also us eloping we didnt wanna spend a ton just enough to get married...we dont care about having a big wedding because weve been together for so long...not to say we dont deserve a wedding we want but we just dont care! we just wanna be married... were highschool sweethearts!

6.What do you do for a really intense work out:i like the treadmill n elypitcal n doing crunches on a exercise ball at the gym

7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): drank like 16 cups a day...for me now its just a habit to dink so much n it be only water

8.Weekly wrap up: well i wasnt really doing any exercise besides what walking n lifting i did at work n now i added pilates on my off days from doing lunges n squats...so im pround of my self for doing more of an effort...n ive been continuing eatting healthy n clean...last nite i had my first real snack in ove like 4 weeks...i had sugred creal with milk...yum but wasnt worth it! so i felt guilty n got in pilates lol....will be buyin my dress n shoes n rings n setting more money aside when i get income tax money back in feb.....ive never made it this far for my weight to be this low i cant remember the last time i weighed this much....the lowest i got before was 147 n thats all i remember now im 146.8 but im still.2 below where i left off before i left this site for awhile in august 2010..only 6 more lbs to orginal goal but then ill be re-evaluating my goal to 135-130lbs i think depending on hwo i feel but def wanna be at 140 for vaca next month n for my wedding on may 8th this yr! hope everyone has a good rest of the week n happy hump day!
  • hollyshobbies
    Options
    1.Name: Holly
    2.Age: 24
    3.City: Tamaqua
    4.Occupation: small business owner
    5.Wedding date: 5/14/2011
    6.Fiancés name: Rick
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: 1.5 years
    8.Heaviest weight: 271
    9.Goal weight and date: 180...in total hopefully a year
    10.Favorite type of exercise: i use the gazelle for 45 min a day, i also use the wii walk it out game
    11.Favorite healthy food: apples and carrots
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: 5 lbs exactly :-)
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Went to a bridal show and avoided eating any of the unhealthy food they had at the booths (We already have our cake and caterer so there was no need)
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I didn't do very good at getting to the gym...I am really going to try harder this week to go
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): I really have no idea yet...something flattering I guess
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: I don't but will definitely be looking for other posts to get some tips
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: I used to do kickboxing in college, now the elliptical is a great workout for me
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I did O.K. I don't like the way the tap water at work tastes to I bought some bottled water to keep at work and will do lots better this week.
    8.Weekly wrap up: I started MFP one week ago today and am down 5 lbs! This is really encouraging...you are all a wonderful support and inspiration. Thank you!
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love zebra print! So I really wanted to incorporate it into our wedding somehow without it being too much and tacky. One way we are doing that is getting the little mini boxes in white and we ordered monogram zebra stickers to stick on the top instead of bows...not sure what we are putting inside yet....probably black and white m&m's. The table linens are going to be black so the white box should really pop. Our colors are black, white, and hunter green so hopefully it all works out well. :-) I am excited!
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options

7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I did O.K. I don't like the way the tap water at work tastes to I bought some bottled water to keep at work and will do lots better this week.
    I am the same way. I bring tap water from home because the tap water at work tastes nasty. And if I don't bring my own water then I am going to buy a soda from the machine. Which is outrageously priced at 1 dollar for a 12 oz can. But, still, I would pay that than drink the free (nasty tasting) tap water at work.
  • deamacgray
    deamacgray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    so I just ordered my wedding favors and I was wondering what other people are doing for wedding favors or if you're doing them? We were originally thinking about doing mini cupcakes made by the same lady as the cake but opted for the easier and much cheaper option of mini jam/jelly jars from Mrs. Miller's Noodles... they were only $1.05 each and we plan to add a tag and a ribbon of some sort to dress them up! what is everyone else doing for favors?

Sounds great! Put a cute little tag on there with a cute saying. Here are my dorkey ideas! "How sweet it is to be loved!" "Thanks for jamin' all night with us!" "Pucker up!" (only if its a tart jam)

We are still a way away from our weddings but there are a few differnt ideas on the line: mini honey jars that say "thanks for BEEing here", mini heart shaped shortbread cookies from a local couples shortbread company, or mini bottles of wine (depending on cost) from the wine cellar in the background of where Greg propsed to me (and we had to rush off there right after be proposed for our wine cellar tour...lol)
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much to gainskb for letting me know about this board!

I'm a newbie so here's my info:
    Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
    1.Name: Mandy
    2.Age: 31
    3.City: Baltimore, MD
    4.Occupation: Finance gal
    5.Wedding date: August 27, 2011
    6.Fiancés name: Matthew
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: 5 years
    8.Heaviest weight: 142
    9.Goal weight and date: 125 by May 17th (my bday :) )
    10.Favorite type of exercise: Running/bikram yoga
    11.Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 2 (Please copy and paste this section into your post)
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: 1 lb
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): re-commiting to MFP
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): feeling bad for myself and overeating
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): I already bought the WToo Mimi but I'm having second thoughts so I'm trying on more this weekend (especially the Watters Austin)
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: I'll have to get back to you on that
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: Bikram Yoga
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): n/a
    8.Weekly wrap up: Excited to join y'all!
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    1.Name: Jackie
    2.Age: 24
    3.City: BOSTON
    4.Occupation: Nurse
    5.Wedding date: Aug 13, 2011
    6.Fiancés name: Russ
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4 years
    8.Heaviest weight: 140 lb
    9.Goal weight and date: 125lb aug 2011
    10.Favorite type of exercise: TRX
    11.Favorite healthy food: greek yogurt

Brides on a Mission: week 2
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: 1 pound
    2.Highlight of the past week: being able to cook my own healthy meal that actually tasted good~!
    3.Lowlight of the past week: driving to work in a snowstorm. rewarding myself with a bagel.... oops
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have: strapless mermaid style!!
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: picking up OVERTIME!!!!
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: TRX suspension training is great
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): peeing a ton
    8.Weekly wrap up: wish i saw more of a result/weight lose but i know it takes time........:)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    These are my party favors. Instead of the flowers though I'm making seeded paper. You literally throw the paper in the ground and watch it grow into flowers...on the paper i'm stamping "plant some love"...the sacks are 100% organic cotton.

9070.jpg

These are my center pieces...all hand made from old barn wood and scraps, and the flowers will be grown locally...

back-yard-wedding-center-pieces.jpg
  • mrsmacg2b
    Options
    so I just ordered my wedding favors and I was wondering what other people are doing for wedding favors or if you're doing them? We were originally thinking about doing mini cupcakes made by the same lady as the cake but opted for the easier and much cheaper option of mini jam/jelly jars from Mrs. Miller's Noodles... they were only $1.05 each and we plan to add a tag and a ribbon of some sort to dress them up! what is everyone else doing for favors?

my best friend is making some alcoholic truffles (white choc and champagne, milk choc and baileys, dark choc and cointreau). Can't wait to reach my goal so I can taste-test them before the big day. I got lovely little diy boxes and ribbon to decorate myself.

The jams sound good though - I did think about them too but couldnt find any i could personalise
  • clareygb
    clareygb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1.Name: Clare
    2.Age: 30
    3.City: Cornwall, England
    4.Occupation: Teacher
    5.Wedding date: 2nd June 2012
    6.Fiancés name: David
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: nearly 3 years
    8.Heaviest weight: 14stone 6lbs
    9.Goal weight and date: somewhere between 11 or 12 stone
    10.Favorite type of exercise: Spinning
    11.Favorite healthy food: Fruit

Brides on a Mission: week 2 (Please copy and paste this section into your post)
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: 1.9kg
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Buying a surprise present for my other half.
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): had a good week thiis week - all ok!
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): Something vintage, possibly lace, fitted-ish.
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: Whatever's left in both my and my other half's wallet on a Sunday evening we put in a pot. Every once in a while we add it up and buy something or go out for dinner or something nice. I know it's not wedding related but we like it.
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: Spinning or go for a run.
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): Just joined this thread so haven't done it.
    8.Weekly wrap up: Don't know what this is!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling this week with exercise! I just keep shying out of it! i am being too lazy and I am getting annoyed with myself. Eating/diet wise we are on track but to actually get my trainers on and do something is realyl hard.

Some tips please! some inspiration! just a big kick up the butt will do!?!?!

Try something different that you haven't done before or in a long time. I find myself board with the same old type of exercise sometimes....and therefore I dont want to work out. Also, my YMCA recently got new machines that have TVs attached to them! I often go just because I can catch some TV time too!

Have you done any group fitness classes before? I find when I do a class I push myself more and I stay the whole class....I dont want to be embarrrased by being the slow person in the group or the one who leaves early.

I would also suggest putting a picture of your dress (or a really bad "fat" picture of yourself) in the kichen. That way you can see your dress and what you have to look forward to and why you should go work out! Good luck!

Thank you thats really helpful! I havent got my dress yet or even started looking but have posted a FAT picture of myself on the fridge!! I can't really do group exercise cos I am only doing free exercise! saving for the wedding. I need the evenings to get lighter so I can start running again. But at the moment I am just interchanging fitness DVDs and getting BOREDDDD!!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    [
    I would also suggest putting a picture of your dress (or a really bad "fat" picture of yourself) in the kichen. That way you can see your dress and what you have to look forward to and why you should go work out! Good luck!

Thank you thats really helpful! I havent got my dress yet or even started looking but have posted a FAT picture of myself on the fridge!! I can't really do group exercise cos I am only doing free exercise! saving for the wedding. I need the evenings to get lighter so I can start running again. But at the moment I am just interchanging fitness DVDs and getting BOREDDDD!!!!
    [/quote]

oh the fat picture idea is awesome! I post a picture of my wedding dress above the tv when I work out at home, but the fat picture on the fridge is a fantastic idea
  • jpsnickel
    Options

I'm a self-proclaimed tree hugger, so we plan on donating a tree through the Arbor Day Foundation for each guest...the trees will be planted in national parks. Andes candies are also a favorite of ours, so we planned on putting some in bowls for whoever wants to take them.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    [

oh the fat picture idea is awesome! I post a picture of my wedding dress above the tv when I work out at home, but the fat picture on the fridge is a fantastic idea
    [/quote]

LOL it is kind of mean but it works! I do not want to see myself like that anymore so it makes me re-think my food choices! Glad it has helped you!
  • karann15
    karann15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    UGH. I dont know if i miss this somewhere, but how do you put a picture in. thanks guys!
  • karann15
    karann15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I'm a self-proclaimed tree hugger, so we plan on donating a tree through the Arbor Day Foundation for each guest...the trees will be planted in national parks. Andes candies are also a favorite of ours, so we planned on putting some in bowls for whoever wants to take them.

We are donating to the Humane Society that FI got our kitten from when he proposed. I love donation favors!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Sounds great! Put a cute little tag on there with a cute saying. Here are my dorkey ideas! "How sweet it is to be loved!" "Thanks for jamin' all night with us!" "Pucker up!" (only if its a tart jam)

We are still a way away from our weddings but there are a few differnt ideas on the line: mini honey jars that say "thanks for BEEing here", mini heart shaped shortbread cookies from a local couples shortbread company, or mini bottles of wine (depending on cost) from the wine cellar in the background of where Greg propsed to me (and we had to rush off there right after be proposed for our wine cellar tour...lol)

I like the "Thanks for jamin all night with us!" one!! That's really cute! Thanks for the ideas!

And he proposed at a vineyard... thats adorable!