Brides on a Mission: Week 2

Options

Replies

• kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I did great today on my fruit and veggie challenge! I had 2 fruit servings at B. Snack another 3 servings of fruit. L I had 4 servings of veggies and at D I had 2 servings of veggies!

How is everyone else doing?!

not even close to that good! i had an apple and some grilled onions and peppers in my dinner (but probably not enough to count as a full serving)... I've already decided that today when I get home from work I'm going to munch on carrots instead of chocolate! My personal goal for the rest of this week is to not touch any chocolate! I've been out of control!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling this week with exercise! I just keep shying out of it! i am being too lazy and I am getting annoyed with myself. Eating/diet wise we are on track but to actually get my trainers on and do something is realyl hard.

Some tips please! some inspiration! just a big kick up the butt will do!?!?!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I am really struggling this week with exercise! I just keep shying out of it! i am being too lazy and I am getting annoyed with myself. Eating/diet wise we are on track but to actually get my trainers on and do something is realyl hard.

Some tips please! some inspiration! just a big kick up the butt will do!?!?!

Try something different that you haven't done before or in a long time. I find myself board with the same old type of exercise sometimes....and therefore I dont want to work out. Also, my YMCA recently got new machines that have TVs attached to them! I often go just because I can catch some TV time too!

Have you done any group fitness classes before? I find when I do a class I push myself more and I stay the whole class....I dont want to be embarrrased by being the slow person in the group or the one who leaves early.

I would also suggest putting a picture of your dress (or a really bad "fat" picture of yourself) in the kichen. That way you can see your dress and what you have to look forward to and why you should go work out! Good luck!
  • karann15
    karann15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    *Bump
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look gorgeous!

Thank you so much...

lol sorry. I didn't mean to sound creepy... I really love your gown. :smile:
  • dragonfarie
    Options
    I did great today on my fruit and veggie challenge! I had 2 fruit servings at B. Snack another 3 servings of fruit. L I had 4 servings of veggies and at D I had 2 servings of veggies!

How is everyone else doing?!

good job! I am struggling with this one. :( I need to go out of my way to eat those veggies sometimes.
  • dragonfarie
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: Weigh in is on Friday morning and since that's so far from when these are posted I'll just do my last week numbers... so as of last Friday I lost 2.2 lbs! That was my total loss from before the holidays since this was my first official weigh in since before Christmas.

Good job at losing weight during the holidays. I was trying to just maintain and ended up with a 5 lb gain :blushing:
  • Jenny421
    Options
    For those who have already gotten their invatations would you mind sharing the website/place you got them from?

I ordered mine through WeddingPaperDivas.com I waited until they had a coupon and free shipping. I originally would of paid $330 for my invites but I ended up paying $140. I got my invitations, with the folding inner pocket envelopes and response cards. It was a great deal!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I went for a fitness assessment at the YMCA this morning....
    Push ups: 19 (average)
    Cardio-heart test: very good!!! I was super excited because I know I can do more but I dont always push myself, now I really can!!
    Body fat: 38%, under the very poor section! The trainer said that my body is in really good shape, but it just has a layer of fat on it. Once I get rid of the layer (she said to bump up my cardio and stick with my yoga for strength training) I will have a rockin' body! She said that my abs, arms, and thigs are so solid....I felt great! It makes me want to push more and more to see what I have under my fat lol!!!
  • fbrandye
    Options
    Wow! You look gorgeous!

Thank you so much...

Don't worry... it's not creepy. It's actually nice to hear people say they like it because I didn't have family there to help me pick it out. My parent's are stationed in Germany so my mom couldn't go.
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just started MyFitnessPal last Monday (January 3), and love using it through my phone. Would love to add new friends for accountability, and if anyone is in the eastern part of PA, would love to get a group together for group walks/hikes/etc once the weather is nicer!

1.Name: Jennifer
    2.Age: 28
    3.City: Easton, PA
    4.Occupation: Grad Student in Biology/Veterinary Technician
    5.Wedding date: October 15, 2011
    6.Fiancés name: Mike
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: It was 4 years in August
    8.Heaviest weight: 214
    9.Goal weight and date: 180 by our wedding
    10.Favorite type of exercise: Anything outdoors...hiking, walking, biking, kayaking
    11.Favorite healthy food: most fruits and my air-popped popcorn

Brides on a Mission: week 2 (Please copy and paste this section into your post)
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: Since January 3, I've lost about 3 pounds
    2.Highlight of the past week: finding out my grades for the first semester of grad school
    3.Lowlight of the past week: 2011 isn't starting out great health-wise for my family. My Gramma is in and out of rehab and hospital (hasn't been "home" since before Christmas), and my dad fell yesterday and received some moderate injuries
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have: I have an ivory sheath dress with spaghetti straps from
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: we did the save the dates ourselves and will be doing the invitations through a kit from Michaels. Michael's can have great coupons!
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: Tae-Bo Amped
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I have a nalgene water bottle (about $9 at Target) which holds 4 cups...easy to keep track of how much i've had. I also add a little bit of lime juice to make it more flavorful.
    8.Weekly wrap up: Feeling really good about my progress since I've started, but i'm nervous about keeping it up!
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    I got mine from Michael's. I bought one box, got the checkout coupon (which was for 50% off an item) and went back and bought the second box. Will be homemade, but they look nice and not "cheap".
  • buggials
    Options
    1.Weight loss/inches lost: 2 lbs, no clue on inchs
    2.Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): i finally got a ring guard for my engagement ring!
    3.Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): its been very stressful between doctors, job, bday and other crap
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have (Since this was such a hot topic already last week!): I want a simple dress either black and purple or white and purple (havent decided, yes i'm not typical I want it to be special to me)
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: Walmart has decorations and they are actually really nice and look like the expensive stuff.
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: cardio kickboxing
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): I did great 3/7 days then it went to hell in a hand basket
    8.Weekly wrap up: I can't workout for atleast another week or two getting a cyst removed and its gonna make it hard for me to do a lot of moving, so for now I'm watchign calories and being that I'm uber stressed I'm fighting temptation to eat all the time.
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    bump
  • sunflower9237
    Options
    1.Name: Gina
    2.Age: 25
    3.City: Gaylord, MI
    4.Occupation: Certified Nurse Assistant
    5.Wedding date: 5-5-11
    6.Fiancés name: Ryan <3
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8.Heaviest weight: 278
    9.Goal weight and date: Long term goal weight = 160 sometime next year
    Short term goal weight = 230 - 240 by my wedding!
    10.Favorite type of exercise: Right now I'm doing Couch to 5k which I really like
    11.Favorite healthy food: Fruit!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

Are you printing them from home? Or are you having a company print them?

I am thinking about making our wedding invites too.

I purchased the paper cardstock, envelopes, ect. from Staples, but I'm printing them off on my home computer. The invitation set that I bought from Staples has a website where you can get templates.

Shannon
  • dragonfarie
    Options
    For those who have already gotten their invatations would you mind sharing the website/place you got them from?

I ordered mine through WeddingPaperDivas.com I waited until they had a coupon and free shipping. I originally would of paid $330 for my invites but I ended up paying $140. I got my invitations, with the folding inner pocket envelopes and response cards. It was a great deal!
    I have gone to weddingpaperdivas and I like all their stuff. Maybe I will be lucky like you and get a good deal.
  • dragonfarie
    Options
    Wow! You look gorgeous!

Thank you so much...

Don't worry... it's not creepy. It's actually nice to hear people say they like it because I didn't have family there to help me pick it out. My parent's are stationed in Germany so my mom couldn't go.
    Awe that must be hard. I couldn't imagine not having my mom there to stick her nose in all my plans. Its somewhat annoying but at the same time sweet.
  • angelas22
    Options
    1.Name: Angela
    2.Age: 22
    3.City: glasgow
    4.Occupation: ft mummy
    5.Wedding date: 5th feb 2011
    6.Fiancés name: peter
    7.How long you and your fiancé have been together: 7 years
    8.Heaviest weight: just now
    9.Goal weight and date: 9st
    10.Favorite type of exercise: body combat
    .Favorite healthy food: dont really have one

Brides on a Mission: week 2
    1.Weight loss/inches lost:1lb 1inch from waist and thighs
    2.Highlight of the past week: gym opening back up
    3.Lowlight of the past week: been in bed ill
    4.Style of wedding dress you want/already have: ive got a strapless princess type one
    5.Do you have any wedding money saving ideas to share: use a spreadsheet to keep track of money
    6.What do you do for a really intense work out: body attack
    7.How did you do with the week 1 challenge (drink at least 8 cups of H2O/day): quite gd
    8.Weekly wrap up: been trying hard this week so feeling bit down ive only lost 1lb
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    so I just ordered my wedding favors and I was wondering what other people are doing for wedding favors or if you're doing them? We were originally thinking about doing mini cupcakes made by the same lady as the cake but opted for the easier and much cheaper option of mini jam/jelly jars from Mrs. Miller's Noodles... they were only $1.05 each and we plan to add a tag and a ribbon of some sort to dress them up! what is everyone else doing for favors?