Crying

Options
124»

Replies

• TooBigAl
    Options
    Natalie,

As the other posters have noted, you look great. I hate to generalize or stereotype, but so many women allow themselves to be hurt by such callous comments. Don't allow it. Just remember that stupid and mean comments like are really all about the person making the comment -- and not about you.

Ignore it and keep moving forward. Who cares what anybody else thinks? It's what you know and believe that counts.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    ugh guys are such jerks I swear... I remember when I was younger I was set up with this guy on a blind date, I talked to him on the phone and I told him I was heavy... well he said something like "oh be quiet we'll cross that bridge when we get there" then when we met he was like "we're at that bridge now..." that has stuck with me forever! I realize now looking back he was a huge jerk and should have had no affect on me. I married an incredible man that is my best friend and way gorgeous LOL. He didn't care that I was heavy when we met!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I don't know why he would say something like that, but, if I were you, I wouldn't wouldn't give it any further consideration. You look gorgeous. You look fit. He just knew you were sensitive about your weight and took a cheap shot. He wanted to hurt you and he did.

I guarantee there are many more men in your life that wish they had the nerve to ask you out.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Mean and stupid people will often find a way to be mean and stupid. Ignore them both, they are idiots who deserve each other.

The dog is right as usual,,, " I guarantee there are many more men in your life that wish they had the nerve to ask you out". yup yup.
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options
    thats ridiculous, you look beautiful in your picture don't let anyone ever tell you any differently. :flowerforyou:
  • joshiesdad
    Options
    I think he saw that picture of you and is saying that to get your bf to break you so he can have a chance. Otherwise he is just a complete a$*. Only insecure people make those kind of remarks. You are beautiful. Any real man can see that. Don't worry about one jerk.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    So, this guy I have been semi dating (or something like that) just called me. He screams my name and then I hear in the background his roommate scream "Hey, is that the fat girl you're talking to". It really tore me apart. Yeah, I was fat, and yes I have more weight to lose, but the comment cut me to the core. Perhaps, I am too sensitive, words can hurt so bad.

I have to ask... did your guy defend you to his friend? How did he react to his friend's jerkishness?

Cus that's what would be important to me, here.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You all are incredibly kind. I stopped talking to that jerk since the phone call. It is so difficult to find s nice guy. I joined match.com... :/ Has anyone had any success with online dating?
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    You all are incredibly kind. I stopped talking to that jerk since the phone call. It is so difficult to find s nice guy. I joined match.com... :/ Has anyone had any success with online dating?

Met my husband online, nearly a decade ago.

We met at dating.com, before it turned into a pay site.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    wtf?? why was he screaming your name in the first place? what douche bags
  • kkline88
    Options
    Guys can be real jerks I know how you feel! I wouldn't sorry bout those clowns!