I AM SO HUNGRY!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree with people saying to drink lots of water- when you are thirsty your body will tell you that you are more hungry to ensure that it gets the amount of liquid that it needs, so drinking water will help to keep the hunger down. Also, try getting a pack of sugarfree gum that you enjoy- the act of chewing and whatnot might help distract you from being hungry all the time.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 2 of this journey. I still struggle with hunger, but I can tell its subsiding. I don't give into it. Drinking a glass of water down real quick does good for a moment, but I think you will see a difference as time goes on and your stomach shrinks. I also think its because we are thinking about food so much that we "think" we are hungry but really not. Give it some time and it will pass. Good deal on taking healthy snacks with you and not giving in. Rooting for you girl!
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I found that eating more protein and drinking water helps! Good Luck and God Bless!. I'm here for you!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ugg,I to get sooo hungry before I start and cant ever get enough to eat it seems.I try to remind myself its only because of my period and it will pass.:bigsmile:
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I agree... high fiber, high protein, and tons of H2O make a world of difference.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with everyone who said "HEALTHY FATS." Do not be afraid of them.
  • letsdothis68
    Options
    Hello I found that if I eat about six times a day smaller meals and drinking lots of water I feel full all the time. I also added foods that raise my metabolism. I post the foods on my blog feel free to check it out on my home page. I have lost 15lbs doing this so I know it works the hard thing is eating so much. Good luck you can do it!
  • beckyb77
    Options
    If I had to guess I would say that you aren't eating enough protein, it gives you energy and keeps your tummy full longer. I have become a fan of Lunda bars! They are super healthy. They have a protein bar line as well as minis (a smaller version of the regular bar).
  • Koriahn
    Koriahn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? That can make a big difference.
  • kattiebolen
    Options
    From what I have read since you are eating smaller meals more often it helps your metabolism. So if maybe you eat a handfull of nuts or some cheese with peanut butter something with more protein to help keep you full that might help.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I exercise to get over the hunger feeling. A 10 minute workout takes your mind off food and actually helps the hunger to pass. Also, the more you exercise, the more you are supposed to eat. So by exercising for an hour a day, I can eat 1800 calories and still lose weight.
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    Katie, the only time I gain weight is when I eat nuts. They are worse than potato chips for me. No one can eat just one (handful that is.) If I could manage a serving at a time, I would love to snack on nuts!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    more fiber, protein, and water! keep the willpower of amazing awesomeness that you already have!

If you add in exercise, you earn more calories to eat, if you are feeling really hungry, try that!
  • A lot of people have already said it, but drink lots of water. Also make sure your calories are good "clean" calories. Low in fat but no sugars (they make low fat foods by adding sugar, which is worse than fat), avoid white carbs and eats lots of protiens. Chicken, turkey or tuna are my favs. Also, you said you don't have time to get to the gym and I understand since I have 4 kids too. But you still to workout to burn those extra calories. You can try walking or jogging, but if you are like me, by the time you get the kids fed and homework done it is pitchblack outside. Maybe you should try a home fitness program on DVD. There are lots of good ones out there. I would recommend one that includes cardio and resistance training. Resistance does not have to bulk you up, it can just tone your muscles. That increases your metabolism and helps your body burn fat faster.
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    are you just starting out it might just be your body wanting what its always got.
    drink water when you feel hungry, i found when i first started out i felt hungry all the time, its mind over matter
    when you know you cant have something you want it even more.
    well that happens for me anyway.
    when i was pregnant i wasnt allowed peanuts so obviously i craved them more.
    same goes with hunger.
  • LFullerTX
    Options
    Once I lowered the sugar intake and increased my protein (a lot) and water, it's no longer an issue.
    Now I'm having habit eating cravings. Meaning when I get home ater work each night I want to snack all night. I'm not really hungry though. It's just habit.
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    Christy I know how it is with children. I have 7 of them and the last four are 5, 4, 3, 2. I actuallyl for the last 2 weeks have made myself get up an hour early to get in 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of toning or yoga. It gives me the energy to deal with them also. Then sometimes when I put them to bed I do a calming yoga. Those calories that add to your day are wonderful. I have been having a few left over!
  • kate1398
    Options
    Water is definitely good if you aren't drinking enough. You will think you are hungry but your body is actually dehydrated. Five mini meals that combine protein and fiber in each meal will help keep you full longer too. Try to eat "real" food and not so much processed meaning the more calorie dense the food is you are eating, the more you feel satisfied.

But if it is that TOM, then I feel your pain because nothing seems to help me at that time and I really have to fight myself not to just stuff my mouth constantly all day long!