African Mango - Dr. Oz Recommended. Have You Tried it?

Options
So, I am hearing all the hoopla about African Mango supplements. Dr. Oz recommends it for weight loss. After reading the Internet, it sounds like it's pretty darn good. But, I don't know if those testimonials are by someone who works for the company... But, I trust you all.

Has anyone tried African Mango? Successs or failure?

Replies

• xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I looked into it too because "Dr Oz said". Its $70 for a 35 day supply. Ill pass.
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Hmmm.....so what is it supposed to do? I mean if we work out and eat right we lose weight....does it help you lose more faster?
  • KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on weight loss supplements. Find a multivitamin and maybe a B12 or an extra calcium tab and you should be good. The problem with weight loss supplemets is that typically the weight they are getting rid of is water and you need water water is good.... Plus if you ever stop taking them they either make you crazy like a drug addict or you loose all th eprogress you made while taking them.

A multi vitamin will help you replenish any vitamins and minerals that you may be lacking and lead to better cell regeneration and a healthier you
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I called a national health food store, and they have a bottle of liquid African Mango for $17.99. I don't know how potent that is...

Here's the good.....

African Mango
    African Mango is a natural ingredient found in many different products. It claims to provide powerful weight loss and other health related benefits. When using African Mango, you find that they make bold promises and claims about everything under the sun.

African Mango has been well studied over the past 20 years. But it has only recently recognized by the industry as a whole. It is more studied than ephedrine, fen phen, any major prescriptions. But yet we have largely ignored it. So the question is, what does it have to offer considering it was so easily ignored?

Breakdown
    African Mango claims to thermogenically burn more fat, detoxify the body, suppress appetite, fight belly fat, give you more energy, control leptin, and lower cholesterol with an entirely stimulant free approach.

When using African Mango, obviously there are quite a few claims made about just how it works. They say that African Mango can help you to lose more weight, burn more fat, and get far beyond the usual. But how much of this is true?

African Mango is an ingredient that has been through multiple studies. It has been shown to produce a powerful thermogenic fat burning effect while suppressing appetite. It has also been shown to control a hormone called leptin. In fact, it is the only ingredient in the world that has been shown to control this particular hormone.

When using African Mango, you will find that it only requires 2 doses daily of 150mg. But when you use this amount, it can help you to get amazing and entirely stimulant free weight loss and fat burning results. African Mango has become one of the best products. It has been around. It has simply been ignored.
  • BroiledNotFried
    Options
    Dr. Oz actually recommended supplementing with B vitamins, multi-vitamin, and African Mango.

From reading, African Mango has a chemical that regulates appetite. Obeses people have alot of this chemical in their blood stream but seemto be immune to its response.

I am goint to be a human guinea pig and do this supplement, B Vitamin, and a mutli-vitamin. I am going to track my calories and exercise. I have 10 to 20 pounds to lose.
  • BroiledNotFried
    Options
    I bought some liquid African Bush Mango 500 mg (plus vitamin c, Acai, green tea extract, baobab, and hoodia) at the vitamin/health food store chain. The cost was $18 a bottle, and it should last me a month.

Took 1/2 dose before dinner, 1/2 dose before breakfast, and 1/2 dose before today's lunch. I ate good all three meals (Health Choice, bowl Special K with almond milk, veggie burger with light bread & fresh spinish salad). I felt full half way full during eating these things, and I had to "manage" to finish them.

I'll keep you updated on my guinea pig self. So far, so good. Definately, do not have the "munchies" and it seems to start working in about 2 minutes!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see your results.
  • BroiledNotFried
    Options
    By mid day, I was hungry. So, I picked some red leaf lettuce from my garden and ate a salad.

By dinner, I was getting hungry again. So, I took some more of the African Mango liquid and ate a cereal sized bowl of speghetti with meat sauce and a serving of sauteed fresh spnich (with cooking spray). I am absolutely stuffed.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just added African Mango to my daily supplements because Dr. Oz recommended it to help lose weight. On that show he gave a list of items to take to lose weight: Multi-vitamin, Vitamin B Complex & African Mango. I found it at my local Whole Foods store in capsule form 150 mg twice daily - 60 caps for $20. African Mango is also known as Irvingia Gabonensis. So far I have noticed my appetite has been suppressed and what I love is that I don't feel jittery at all.
    Feel free to ask any questions about it

Cheers
    Marissa
  • BroiledNotFried
    Options
    I had a terrible loss in my family, and was not able to do the African Mango diet. My dog of many years passed away. I was so upset, that i got very sick for 2 weeks. All I could eat was tea and chicken soup, it seemed. I could not exercise. I am feeling better and getting back to better health. I am back on the African Mango, and will be reporting in.

My mother-in-law is doing it, and she isn't as hungry. It curbs the muchies, without feeling anxiety.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that. I know how much it hurts to lose one of your best friends. Best wishes...:flowerforyou:
  • LNAG2
    LNAG2 Posts: 1
    Options
    So I see it's been a couple months since you posted how things were going since you got back on track with the African Mango supplement. Just wondering how your weight loss is going and is it more rapid that before when you weren't taking the supplement?
    Thanks,
    Ellen
  • atownley79
    Options
    Any update on your weight loss? I ordered African Mango online and mine should be in tomorrow. Pretty excited!

6588036.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Navythunder
    Options
    Has anyone tried it? Does it work? I can't find any testimonials other than the websites trying to sell it. I find that odd. Anyone have any info?
  • Sidetrac
    Sidetrac Posts: 1
    Options
    African Mango. I just started 9 days ago and got on the scale this morning and was down from 256 to 244. 12 pounds.
    I work 60-70 hours a week and don't exercise very often. I now take 2 pills a day and my craving for food are gone and
    feel full with a salad or any small meal I eat. I don't snack any more either and that I believe is what the key factor is beside
    the African Mango pills.
    My wife lost 4 pounds in 5 days and she is not a big woman to start with. IT WORKS...............
  • Navythunder
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm starting to take African Mango today. I hope I have similar results!
  • DiannCorr
    DiannCorr Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi skatingisfun1,

Since you have not posted on this thread since February, I am curious as to how things are going with your weight loss and African Mango.

It seems like a good supplement from everything I have read and heard. If it can curb your appetite this is definitely something I want to try.

Thanks,
    Dianne
  • BroiledNotFried
    Options
    I am sooo bad at habits. I could never be addicted to anything. The African Mango bottle is in the back of my fridge. It's not that it didn't work, just that I wasn't good at taking it. My fault. I got out of the habit of it, exercise, and losing weight. I'm back and will try it again.:smooched: I had alot going on with work, home, sick kids, sick me, hospitals (for me and kids) and a beloved family pet die. I can honestly say that these last 5 months have been anything but boring. Now, my mind is back in the right place.
  • vjhouston1
    vjhouston1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay.....I've been reading all the information that I can get my hands on regarding African Mango and I'm convinced this is something that I wanna try. Sooo-oo when I get off work....Vitamin Shop....here I come. It seems like my weight lost have stopped and I'm snacking more. After I've tracked my food at the end of the day....I have 4-5 snacks written down. Something gotta give... I will try it and let everyone know if it's all that it's cracked up to be. And Sidetrac.....I want those results you and your wife got!! Lol