African Mango - Dr. Oz Recommended. Have You Tried it?

Options

Replies

• cokolina
    Options
    what was the amount of mango in your pills?

I read on forums that the 6000mg pills have a good effect. I'm buying vitamins and other stuff from this company so i trust them and their items,and i will try this mango because of the great reviews
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't believe the reviews. I have yet to hear anyone rave about their success with African Mango... and I have
    spoken in RL with a lot of people who have tried it.

If anyone has a success story that doesn't involve totally changing your eating and exercise habits, I am listening.
  • blockhousebay
    Options
    where can you purchase this .. i have tried online, but when i google booty slimmer , who are the company that debits my bank account. , it comes up as a complaint forum of people who have been ripped off
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Tried it last summer, before I came here, on a free trial. The stuff did nothing for me. The company actually told me I was taking it wrong since I did not lose a thing with it. In the fine print they say the results are from the pill, exersize and a calorie reduced diet! So... The pill does very little.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If Dr Oz pushes it, you can pretty much guarantee it's garbage.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    If Dr Oz pushes it, you can pretty much guarantee it's garbage.

This. So much this.
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Stumbled upon the African mango pill idea in a magazine today...anyone else on here try it for 30-60 days...curious if there are any more updates?
  • Greenman4
    Options
    I just seen the Afircan Mango from Dr. OZ I have been having such a rough time losing weight has anyone really lost weight on this???
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Some examples of poor advice that Dr. Oz has provided in the past...

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/when-oz-met-novella/

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/dr-oz-youre-not-helping-diabetics/

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/dr-oz-and-john-edward-just-when-i-thought-dr-oz-couldnt-go-any-lower-he-proves-me-wrong/

http://www.randi.org/site/jref-news/1260-pigasus-2011

The Media Pigasus Award goes to Dr. Mehmet Oz, who has done such a disservice to his TV viewers by promoting quack medical practices that he is now the first person to win a Pigasus two years in a row. Dr. Oz is a Harvard-educated cardiac physician who, through his syndicated TV show, has promoted faith healing, "energy medicine," and other quack theories that have no scientific basis. Oz has appeared on ABC News to give legitimacy to the claims of Brazilian faith healer “John of God,” who uses old carnival tricks to take money from the seriously ill. He's hosted Ayurvedic guru Yogi Cameron on his show to promote nonsense "tongue examination" as a way of diagnosing health problems. This year, he really went off the deep end. In March 2011, Dr. Oz endorsed "psychic" huckster and past Pigasus winner John Edward, who pretends to talk to dead people. Oz even suggested that bereaved families should visit psychic mediums to receive (faked) messages from their dead relatives as a form of grief counseling.
    http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/02/dr_ozs_journey_to_the_dark_side_is_now_complete.php

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/dr-oz-promotes-homeopathy/

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2005/02/11/Top-US-doc-respectful-of-John-of-God/UPI-29081108131069/

It's best to take any advice he has given with a grain of salt. Do your due diligence and investigate other sources for validation of anything that he has said.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I myself like Dr Oz and think he is a smart Dr, IMP..... I too am thinking of trying these but the ones that were recommended have to have all the ingredients listed.Th African Mango is suppose to have L Carnitine,SLendesta,Green Tea and a Carb Blocker in them,
    at least those are the ones he recommends. The ones on Amazon don't hav eall ofthese things in them as far as i can tell.

I have not purchased any but have thought about it.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    So this is the latest thing Dr. Oz has been paid to promote huh? When will people stop being so naive and realise he just promotes whatever he is paid to promote?
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    This Dr Oz chap seems to talk a lot of waffle from what I gather on here

How is he still a Doctor?
  • belinda1carroll
    belinda1carroll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been on 1050 mg of African Mango for 30 days and have lost 4 pounds. I work out 5 days a week and eat very clean and couldn't get the weight off, I was close to giving up but decided to try the African Mango. I'm so glad I did! It's been great for my digestive issues as well, I'm sold!!
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    I called a national health food store, and they have a bottle of liquid African Mango for $17.99. I don't know how potent that is...

Here's the good.....

African Mango
    African Mango is a natural ingredient found in many different products. It claims to provide powerful weight loss and other health related benefits. When using African Mango, you find that they make bold promises and claims about everything under the sun.

African Mango has been well studied over the past 20 years. But it has only recently recognized by the industry as a whole. It is more studied than ephedrine, fen phen, any major prescriptions. But yet we have largely ignored it. So the question is, what does it have to offer considering it was so easily ignored?

Breakdown
    African Mango claims to thermogenically burn more fat, detoxify the body, suppress appetite, fight belly fat, give you more energy, control leptin, and lower cholesterol with an entirely stimulant free approach.

When using African Mango, obviously there are quite a few claims made about just how it works. They say that African Mango can help you to lose more weight, burn more fat, and get far beyond the usual. But how much of this is true?

African Mango is an ingredient that has been through multiple studies. It has been shown to produce a powerful thermogenic fat burning effect while suppressing appetite. It has also been shown to control a hormone called leptin. In fact, it is the only ingredient in the world that has been shown to control this particular hormone.

When using African Mango, you will find that it only requires 2 doses daily of 150mg. But when you use this amount, it can help you to get amazing and entirely stimulant free weight loss and fat burning results. African Mango has become one of the best products. It has been around. It has simply been ignored.

Okay, tell me it can wash the dishes, and I am SOLD!!!! What a bunch of malarky. Looked all through this thread and still haven't found anything convincing from anyone that has been on it for a while. If there was a magic pill, we'd all buy it!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I myself like Dr Oz and think he is a smart Dr, IMP..... I too am thinking of trying these but the ones that were recommended have to have all the ingredients listed.Th African Mango is suppose to have L Carnitine,SLendesta,Green Tea and a Carb Blocker in them,
    at least those are the ones he recommends. The ones on Amazon don't hav eall ofthese things in them as far as i can tell.

I have not purchased any but have thought about it.

He recommends what he is paid to recommend to his viewers. The man shouldn't be called a doctor most days as he's just pushing pills.

No self-respecting doctor who isn't in it for the money would spend forever talking about the new "magic pill for weight loss"
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat an African mango? Or any mango for that matter.
    I think you can buy them for about a buck or two.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Two Dr. Oz threads in one day?

What a TREAT!!!!

:laugh:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Publix Bakery has Mango key lime pie on sale this week.
  • Still_Madcat
    Options
    I stopped watching because he has become a sales pitchman........
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    BUMP