African Mango - Dr. Oz Recommended. Have You Tried it?

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz gives great advice!......if you do the opposite of what he says.
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am trying the African mango based on a recommendation from a friend who lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks. I was told from our local health food store that it is a fiber supplement. Therefore filling you and adding in digestion. She said it aids in decreasing cholesteral and insulin sensitivity from carbs. I am using only the african mango not a combination of african mango and other things in the bottle. I take 150 mg - 30 min before breakfast and 150 mg - 30 min. before dinner. I have noticed i feel full sooner, which I am sure the fiber swells and makes you feel full. And do see that my digestive system is clearing often. :smile: Lost 1.5 lbs the first week on it. The bottle was a months supply so I will give it a fair chance.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Does having a mango daquiri count?
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Does having a mango daquiri count?

I think it does. :drinker:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    20111203-204557.jpg?w=490
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm giving it a try just for the heck of it. Just started yesterday so I can't say if it's working. I ordered two bottles and it's pretty cheap so if it doesn't work no big deal and if it does and helps me lose the last 9 pounds so I can get to maintenance then awesome.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I grew up in South Africa and ate more "african" mangoes than i can remember....and I still can't fly, run a marathon, burn or melt away belly fat, or willingly believe anything "Dr" Oz says....:drinker:
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    I'm still skeptical and waiting to see but I will say that I started it on Monday. I didn't weigh Monday morning but I did Tuesday and this morning I was down 2 pounds from that weight. Overall I am down .4 from Saturday when I weighed myself before a three day extravaganza of birthday meals out and really I have no business being down at all. Probably just coincendence and not the pill but just in case I'm definitely finishing out my 2 bottles. :)
  • Nicolemac36
    Nicolemac36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I looked into it too because "Dr Oz said". Its $70 for a 35 day supply. Ill pass.
    [/quote

My Husband sells it $30. I just started taking that and Raspberry Ketones.
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    I looked into it too because "Dr Oz said". Its $70 for a 35 day supply. Ill pass.
    [/quote

My Husband sells it $30. I just started taking that and Raspberry Ketones.
    \

Yeah, $70 is a lot! I got it for about $8 for a 30 day supply shipped free from Amazon.
  • edunk2008
    edunk2008 Posts: 24
    Options
    My hubby and I researched it and bought some......EXPENSIVE as heck and all it did was dehydrate us like crazy :{ I actually gained like 5 lbs. in water weight. Was soooo stinkin bummed, but lesson learned. Dont believe all that you hear no matter who is saying it!!!!!!
  • iloveseattle
    iloveseattle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Fit_and_Healthy
    Options
    Eat nutritious foods and get regular exercise is all you need. How does the fact that the fattest, unhealthiest country in the world sells the most "weight loss pills" and other gimmicks slip past people. It is made up nonsense for people to get rich.
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    My hubby and I researched it and bought some......EXPENSIVE as heck and all it did was dehydrate us like crazy :{ I actually gained like 5 lbs. in water weight. Was soooo stinkin bummed, but lesson learned. Dont believe all that you hear no matter who is saying it!!!!!!

Which one did you take? I want to make sure to avoid that brand! I'm only two days in so things could definitely change but so far I haven't had any dehydration and am not especially thirsty. Actually it might not be a bad thing if it did make me want to drink water ...that is always something I know I should do but struggle with. :)
  • jpruder
    jpruder Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been taking African Mango (without any other add-ins) for about a month. I have not really noticed much difference and have no idea if the weight I have lost in the past month really has anything to do with the mango or with my exercise/nutrition. The only thing I can say for it is that I do feel like I am less snacky during the day/evening since I have begun taking it.
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    I have been taking African Mango (without any other add-ins) for about a month. I have not really noticed much difference and have no idea if the weight I have lost in the past month really has anything to do with the mango or with my exercise/nutrition. The only thing I can say for it is that I do feel like I am less snacky during the day/evening since I have begun taking it.

They say it is a natural apetite suppresant. I'm only a few days in and I haven't really noticed that but I'm generally not super snacky anyway.
    But, I am down another .6 this morning which means almost 3 pounds since my weigh in Tuesday morning and when I started to take the pills. It definitely still could be a coincendence because I'm restricting calories during the week (weekends I Spike my calories). Normally at this point in the week after a Spike I am losing weight but normally I haven't Spiked for three days like I did this weekend and I'm exercising which I haven't done in almost 2 weeks now. So who knows.

I'm wondering if the way the African Mango is supposed to work on Leptin could be working in conjunction with the Spike diet. Or it's just a really good week for me. Whatever it is I'm happy about it!
  • LadyZini
    LadyZini Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm eating real mangoes - they are sweet and satisfy my sweet tooth, lots of fiber to keep me full.

I don't believe in "weight loss" supplements - they are just to good to be true - if losing weight was as simple as taking a pill, none of us would be overweight.

Some of the "reviews" above look like adverts or infomercials.

I bet the small print on the bottle says "only effective as part of a calorie-controlled diet"
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    I'm eating real mangoes - they are sweet and satisfy my sweet tooth, lots of fiber to keep me full.

I don't believe in "weight loss" supplements - they are just to good to be true - if losing weight was as simple as taking a pill, none of us would be overweight.

Some of the "reviews" above look like adverts or infomercials.

I bet the small print on the bottle says "only effective as part of a calorie-controlled diet"

I agree...I think the same thing. If there was a miracle pill nobody would be overweight. But, that said I do think there are things that can help you along if you are watching your diet and exercising. But if I can find that pill that lets me eat Girl Scout Cookies in bed and lose a pound a day I'll be all over it. lol

Sorry if it's my "review" that seemes like an advertisement. I'm definitely not selling anything. I'm just a somewhat gullible girl who liked the idea of this one and so far so good. If it stops working I'll toss it in the trash. And I can't even say for sure it is working. I have been restricting calories during the weekdays and up until a couple weeks ago I was heavy into exercise (kind of fell off that wagon). It just seems that I'm losing more with less effort. Coincedence? Probably. But, just in case I'm going to keep taking them at least until my bottles run out.

And I love mangos! In any form! Yum!
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options

African Mango
    African Mango is a natural ingredient found in many different products. It claims to provide powerful weight loss and other health related benefits. When using African Mango, you find that they make bold promises and claims about everything under the sun.

African Mango has been well studied over the past 20 years. But it has only recently recognized by the industry as a whole. It is more studied than ephedrine, fen phen, any major prescriptions. But yet we have largely ignored it. So the question is, what does it have to offer considering it was so easily ignored?

Breakdown
    African Mango claims to thermogenically burn more fat, detoxify the body, suppress appetite, fight belly fat, give you more energy, control leptin, and lower cholesterol with an entirely stimulant free approach.

When using African Mango, obviously there are quite a few claims made about just how it works. They say that African Mango can help you to lose more weight, burn more fat, and get far beyond the usual. But how much of this is true?

African Mango is an ingredient that has been through multiple studies. It has been shown to produce a powerful thermogenic fat burning effect while suppressing appetite. It has also been shown to control a hormone called leptin. In fact, it is the only ingredient in the world that has been shown to control this particular hormone.

When using African Mango, you will find that it only requires 2 doses daily of 150mg. But when you use this amount, it can help you to get amazing and entirely stimulant free weight loss and fat burning results. African Mango has become one of the best products. It has been around. It has simply been ignored.

This speil provides no actual information at all.

"African Mango is a natural ingredient found in many different products." How is a mango an ingredient? What exactly is it an ingredient in, except mangoes?

If what they're talking about is an extract of mango, why can't we just eat a mango?

If they're not actually talking about mangoes as we know them but something unrelated that happens to share the same name, then what *is* the substance they're talking about? What does it come from?

ETA - Plus, the whole thing reads like it's been through Babelfish. Who talks like that, except email spammers?
  • Suzies52
    Suzies52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. After reading up about African Mango (I thought it was just a big scam at first) I decided to try it - mainly to help me lose the last 5-10 pounds. I just can't seem to stop craving carbs. Anyway I started to take an African Mango supplement a few days ago that I got off Ebay. It has 2400mg and the instructions say to take 1-2 caps 1-2 x a day b4 break and lunch.. It has other filler ingredients (no other product however like green tea or acai etc..) unfortunately but is supposed to be 100% pure from the UK.

Anyway, I made sure that I took the capsules on an empty stomach before lunch (I took 2 at the same time) and I found that it really suppressed my urge to snack and made me feel fuller quicker. I went to bed having not eaten much at all but not really caring!

The 2nd day I took 1 only b4 break and lunch. Once again it really suppressed my appetite and I didn't eat much for most of the day. I did get a few side effects though - I felt a bit tired and sensitive around my eyes and a bit spaced out but then I hadn't eaten that much. I wouldn't say that it pepped me up at all and in fact i wondered if i should've got the AM plus with the extra products. Anyway the single serve caps wore off around 3pm and I was starving so ate too much :) and ended up going to bed with a full stomach - not good for weight loss.

So, so far they worked in suppressing my appetite but I think I need to take the 2 caps at once and perhaps in the early afternoon to overcome eating too much in the evening. I also hope that the sore eyes and tired in the head feeling doesn't continue.

I will take 2 caps this afternoon and see how it goes. I plan to report back after following this for a good amount of time at least the 30 days. I think for me it's a matter of fine tuning when and how many I take at a time but I do hope I don't get any more side effects.