Is your food diary public or private?

Options
124»

Replies

• TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Public to friends only. Keeps me honest ... I never lie about anything I have (or haven't) eaten on there. Knowing others can see my diary makes me more aware, and I hope that it can be helpful to some of those I've added as friends. :)
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    I also made mine public. Nothing to hide and would actually appreciate some feedback. I'm not a dietician and am still learning. If the comments are constructive, it can only make me more educated and thus get to my goals quicker.

I'm also new. If anyone is interested in friending me, please feel free. I could use all the support I can get.
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends list . I have a few friends (that I actually know) that critique me and vice versa. It has kept me in track for reaching my goal since we have a trip planned for this summer. It is a choice to make it public or private, for me having this tool really keeps me in check.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Mine is public and I'm completely honest about what I consume. I'm open to constructive criticism and I know my diet isn't completely perfect and completely balanced but I have yet to come under scrutiny for it.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only...that way we can get ideas from each other and help each other out :) There will be days when both my friends and I cheat a little
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Mine is public and I am completely honest. I leave it public to maybe give others ideas for what to eat. I also look at others' for ideas on meals, etc.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I made mine public. No shame in my game. I am completely honest in everything that I log in my food and exercise diary. If I go over my calorie limit or don't workout and others see then so what. No one has ever scrutinized what I eat or passed judgement.

If anyone ever did offer a suggestion I'd be appreciative!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Its private. Its for me and me alone.
  • sunbeam11
    Options
    I haven't any need to make mine public, as far as sharing food ideas or accountability or anything like that. I'm not on a particular "diet" per se, because my goal is to learn to live with real everyday food. I will have chocolate or whatever from time to time and still try to stay under my calories. You can't fit much junk food in there though. The SCALE keeps me honest, and my DRESS SIZE is plain for all to see. I try to remember that at all times. Whenever I cheat, I'm the one who pays and there's no hiding it (here or in everyday life) if I don't weigh in with a loss every week. If I were to change my settings to public, I don't suppose there would be anything for anyone to glean from it (other than I like chocolate..LOL). And I wouldn't be prone to lie either way. I've been very meticulous in counting calories on mine, for better or worse, simply because *I* want to know. Gotta be honest with your food diary no matter what or else you are wasting your time and this site won't do you any good.